GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Help

Hi all,

I've just finished off paying my DMP, and thought that would be an end to it all but because if the defaults on my credit file it seem not

I understand they will drop off after 6 years of date placed, I looked further into these as I have no record of any of them actually notifying me they were going to place a default as far as I was concerned they were all receiving payment through DMP that was all acceptable and my payments were not just token ones they were getting a good amount (but not the original repayment about)

Dates and info below;

Natwest loan 30/10/2009
    Natwest acc 31/10/2009
    Idem 30/04/2010
    Barclaycard 31/05/2010
    British gas 14/5/2011
    Cit group 30/04/2010

What concerns me is that I started my DMP plan in Sept 2009 so shouldn't all the default dates be same?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by ambz84; 10 June 2014, 21:30.

Re: Default Help

I don't think its likely you will have the british gas default removed. Do you have proof of notifying them with a forwarding address, prior to them sending a final bill to your old address? If not, then they will quite simply say you didn't notify them in time, and a default was placed as the balance was outstanding. Which is actually the correct thing to do.

Even if you agree to repay it after, they have no obligation to remove the default.

In regards to defaults while on a DMP. If you paid anything less than the agreed minimum repayment amount, then you would also be in arrears, and they would also default you. Any payment arrangement for a repayment below the min contractual amount, will most likely result in default.

If they didn't send you a default notice, then that is something to spank them with, if they ever got heavy. But just make sure it didn't go to the DMP instead.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Default Help

British Gas has been sharing data with the CRAs for a long time now. May not be a credit agreement in terms of CCA 1974 but it is:

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/s...it-report.html

Account information - The term "credit" covers every account that gives you something of value - money, goods or services - that you can use today, on the understanding that you will repay the lender at a later date. That's why you'll find items such as utility and mobile phone accounts here, as well as credit cards, loans and mortgages.
      That they can report defaults and non payments has been in their T&Cs since they started sharing, so if you agreed to the supply you agreed to that.

ICO guidance in place at the time recommended that a notice of intention to file a default was sent, but was not an absolute requirement in all cases, especially if you had be warned elsewhere.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X