GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Drop Off Date - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Drop Off Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Drop Off Date

Hi guys,

The clocks almost up on a 6 year old default which expires in July 2014, it's statute barred as the last time I corresponded with the company was September 2007 and last payment was August 2007 but it took almost a year (July 2008) for them to register a default which i think is unfair. I have just checked my credit report and there are 2 records for the same loan both showing as default, one for the OC and one for the DCA is this allowed?

Problem is I've seen a house and need to apply for a mortgage as I'm currently renting, do I just wait it out or is there anything I can do to wipe it now? There is a doubt in my mind as to whether they executed the default correctly as the last official post i have from the OC is a notice of intent to default but they never delivered the actual Default Notice or Termination letter, seeing as it Statute Barred would you do a SAR to see if the letters exist and if not pursue it?

Re: Default Drop Off Date

Have you checked your credit status with Equifax or similar?
    My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

As it's only a couple of months I'd wait and not argue things.

But it get your credit file and see when the default date reads as.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes i've checked with checkmyfile and Callcredit and both show default date of 11th July 2008, just a bit gutted as this house I've seen is perfect and I feel it will go quick. Yes I agree to get this close, why wake a sleeping dog? can I get them removed on the day it expires?

Comment

It should auto drop off on the day but can at times take a few weeks - but you can chase it. You're using the worst CRA. Pay £2 for statutory Experian & Equifax. That's who lenders will use! Do it online so you can argue on the day for removal.

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...wfull=1#post75
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not all lenders will take 1 default which has nearly expired. You could talk to the broker or lender and explain the position and see what they say, some my not take into account 1 fault which is almost out of time. You have nothing to lose.
            My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Working...
            X