GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Never heard of these people and I never applied for anything!!
    What should I do with this? Phone them?

Re: Link Financial

Sorry forgot to add letter!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi sam,

This looks suspiciously like a "phishing" letter to me. I would file it carefully with envelope and ignore it for now. They do a lot of work for MBNA (if you can call it work). They are just another DCA really.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Yes, that is one of Link's standard "phishing" letters.

Ignore.

They just want you to phone up and confirm details so they can try to stick you with some dodgy old debt.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks..

SB is very close on most of my debts..

Comment

I've had about 4 of those of the last 15 months.

They'll write again eventually outlining what the debt is for.

Comment

I dont think they are permitted to send out such ambiguous letters, are they ?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Molly View Post
                I dont think they are permitted to send out such ambiguous letters, are they ?
                Arguably, no.

Also I would say it goes beyond ambiguous to plain deceptive, as it is claiming or implying that a credit application has been made when that is clearly not the case.

Furthermore, the CSA and OFT have an agreed wording for "soft" tracing letters, which this one rides roughshod over.

See: View Single Post - UPDATED OFT Guidance on Debt Collection

They shouldn't be referring to debt/credit in any fashion.

Where the approved "soft trace" letter referred to is this one.

Dear Mr John Doe

Date 20th February 2010

Re: Customer Name/Last known address

We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter and we have been provided your address as a possible address for our subject/customer.

If you are the person named above, please contact our office on telephone XXXXXXX

If however you are not the person named above, please accept our apologies for this contact.

If you are able to supply us with information on where our subject may now reside, we would welcome contact from you so that we may update our records appropriately.

Yours sincerely
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also remember that this was Link being warned in 2009.

OFT warns debt sector about tracing tactics - The Office of Fair Trading

So they have a proven track record of underhand and rule breaking tracing tactics

Comment

I have a new letter from them now!
                    it's seems a bit of bull**** to me??
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ignore, Do you remember a debt at all with GE?

Comment

Bizarre, you didnt respond to the first letter by which they are not sure that you are the person they need to contact. So they then write and give you all the details of an assignment !!

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                          I have a new letter from them now!
                          it's seems a bit of bull**** to me??
                          They bought it in 2007?!

What they been doing for the past 5 years then?!

This sounds like a last-ditched attempt to get you to re-acknowledge a debt before SB status kicks in. Also, if it's taken them this long to act upon it, then the chances of them having any enforceable paperwork will be low anyway.
                          Remember the mantra:
                          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Molly View Post
                            Bizarre, you didnt respond to the first letter by which they are not sure that you are the person they need to contact. So they then write and give you all the details of an assignment !!
                            That is just typical link. And typical of the shoddy practices that got them warned before.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                              Ignore, Do you remember a debt at all with GE?
                              Can't remember it but I had a fair few!!

Comment

Working...
                              X