GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Visit from Power2Contact - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visit from Power2Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit from Power2Contact

Mods, not quite a DCA issue so feel free to shift to somewhere more appropriate.

Mrs RTB has just been on the phone about a visit this morning from P2C on behalf of those at BOS regarding a credit card debt.

Currently on DMP via CCCS although BOS refuse to accept it, aside from the monthly payments that is.

Despite telling them that we only correspond in writing they continue to call and have now sent round the monkey.

P2C did write to us and tell us that BOS had asked them to pay us a visit, to which I ignored as I didn't expect them to.

Mrs RTB told them she wasn't Mrs RTB and she didn't live here and they sauntered off.

So I need to get the doorstep letter out to both of these organisations - but which sending method to use? Recorded, Signed for, Special?? Any ideas?

Ta.

Re: Visit from Power2Contact

Hi

I have just sent a load of letter off 1st class recorded and you can check if they have been delivered on line - they cost me £1.15.

Special Delivery is guaranteed next day service and costs a bit more

hope that helps - I always get very confused about which service to use!!

Comment

Hiya,

I also send all my letters out Recorded Delivery. £1.15......its worth every penny to be able to check that they have received the letters.

Elsie

Comment

Recorded it is then.

Always confuses me this postal lark.

Thanks

Comment

it says next to the template how to post it!

I advise everything be sent recorded except legal responses which should go special delivery.

By the way, well done to Mrs RTB - we're all proud of her for getting rid so easily - lol. The power eh, knowing P2C have no power at all, so really they should be called Powerless&shyte - you think?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Power2Enrage would've been more apt if he'd caught Mrs RTB on the wrong day. She doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Except for me!

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
              Power2Enrage would've been more apt if he'd caught Mrs RTB on the wrong day. She doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Except for me!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Got a letter in response to my letter to P2C revoking visiting rights!

They are implying that the Armstrong v Sheppard case is dependent upon circumstance and that the refusal of access can only come from the court.

I'm not really bothered as they've also stated their involvement is finished but any points of view may be of interest to others who are in line to receive a personal visit.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
                  Got a letter in response to my letter to P2C revoking visiting rights!

They are implying that the Armstrong v Sheppard case is dependent upon circumstance and that the refusal of access can only come from the court.

I'm not really bothered as they've also stated their involvement is finished but any points of view may be of interest to others who are in line to receive a personal visit.
                  Hiya, they misread the bloody letter lol. All we're saying (in the letter) is that if they continue, we'll sue them and then use the Armstrong v Sheppard case as the case law to get it through court! DOH @ Thick DCA's

Refusal of access comes from the goddam homeowner, otherwise it is clearly ermm, trespass!

Lets all do it together now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Hiya, they misread the bloody letter lol. All we're saying (in the letter) is that if they continue, we'll sue them and then use the Armstrong v Sheppard case as the case law to get it through court! DOH @ Thick DCA's

Refusal of access comes from the goddam homeowner, otherwise it is clearly ermm, trespass!

Lets all do it together now
                    All together now! One, Two, One, Two, Three, Four!

I do wonder if they intend to confuse or they really do have issues with comprehension.

Comment

I've had a visit off them on 2 occasions for 2 separate accounts, the first time I wrote to them and told them I didn't want them at my house but they still turned up anyway, I wasn't in at the time and they left me a number to call which I did and said they were wasting their time.

The second occasion I didn't even bother to write, I answered the door and the conversation went like this...

P2C: Mr Xxxxx?

Me: I'm not interested...

P2C: I'm from Power2con...

Me: Then I'm definitely not interested now get off my property and shut the gate behind you.

P2C: Goodbye.

Out of the whole unenforceable route having someone coming around my house worried me the most, yet now it's happened there was really nothing to worry about and I know now that that's another one of their scare tactics down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                        The second occasion I didn't even bother to write, I answered the door and the conversation went like this...

P2C: Mr Xxxxx?

Me: I'm not interested...

P2C: I'm from Power2con...

Me: Then I'm definitely not interested now get off my property and shut the gate behind you.

P2C: Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                          Out of the whole unenforceable route having someone coming around my house worried me the most, yet now it's happened there was really nothing to worry about and I know now that that's another one of their scare tactics down the drain.
                          Exactly - nothing to worry about.
                          They have also paid me a visit but, boy, am I concerned?

They: We are looking for Mr. X
                          Me: So?
                          They: Are you Mr.X?
                          Me: Who are you?
                          They: Do you know Mr.X?
                          Me: Do I know you?
                          They: Are you refusing to identify yourself?
                          Me: Nope. I am simply ignoring you.
                          They: (with green faces) Goodbye, Sir. Thanks for your time.
                          Me: Bon Voyage.

Nest time, when they tell me they are from Power..., I am gonna tell them: Am not interested. I am happy with British Gas.
                          Last edited by jadex; 7 February 2011, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
                            Nest time, when they tell me they are from Power..., I am gonna tell them: Am not interested. I am happy with British Gas.

Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

DCA-baiting - it's almost a sport isnt' it
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Working...
                              X