GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Facebook Advert Web Debt Recovery - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook Advert Web Debt Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Advert Web Debt Recovery

Has anyone noticed this sponsored ad popping up when on Face Book. Being naturally inquisitive Nosey I
    decided to take a look.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook

LINKIt says they are Cheltenham based, but there wasn't anything much about them on theire web site. Other than No collect no fee.

They promise to collect on any debts in 4 easy stages

No Collection - No Fee
    Fixed 12.5% commission any monies
    Transparent reporting online
    Weekly payments by cheque or BACS
    Trace and Litigation Services
    Free debtor detail check on referral
    No hidden costs
    High success

Using experienced collection agents, a bespoke 3 letter collection strategy approved by the CSA as well as SMS and

Email services delivered by the latest technology.

To enjoy the benefits of this easy online service click on Step 1 above to start your collections process.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Web Debt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1414346

The CCL number on this screen grab is the link back to the home company.

Interesting to note the Daily Texts and Mobile calls they intend to send out. Think they could be breaking the

Harassment rule there

CCL leads to Daniels Silverman Ltd of Liverpool
    LINK Debt Collection Agency Daniels Silverman Limited

True that have been around for a good while, and it looks as if they like to load the origanal debt with plenty of charges.

LINK Capital finance one / daniels silverman

LINK silverman&p=3453879&viewfull=1#post3453879

LINK Daniels Silverman calls ;s

LINK s&p=3624653&viewfull=1#post3624653

LINK daniels silverman threatening court action

action&p=3484450&viewfull=1#post3484450

Well I just thought I should bring this to every ones attention apparently they have 289 likes.

I can feel a moment of madness coming on.

If you look at the FB page it bears a passing resemblence to our AAD News Feed. The articles culled from the same
    source no doubt.

Regards to all, Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Re: Facebook Advert Web Debt Recovery

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

apparently they have 289 likes.
    What?!!
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
      What?!!
      Must be from successful clients. A comment on CAG say's they are complained about by their customers almost as much as the ones they are trying to screw over. I can see why if you send them after a £100 quid debt and they collect they charge you 12.5% plus 20% vat and don't mention the £200 in charges and Fines? they have added.

Now I haven't seen them mentioned on AAD of MSE, but surely how they operate must be on the barely legal side of the line.

Regards, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Another look at these Folk reveals they do have an address in Cheltenham and are known as TNC group.

LINK So why are they using Daniels Silverman's CCL?

More digging to do, some one order the JCB.

Comment

JCB has finished for the night

Cheltenham leads to Web Debt, TNC Ltd, Trans National Corporation Ltd, Trans National Corporation of Glasgow. Then back to TNC Car Parking and TNC Management Ltd

LINK TNC Management Ltd | CSA UK Members List

Whoa Hold the Press TNC have their own Credit Licence.

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details
          Application / Licence Details
          Licence Number:0523499Licence Status:Current
          Current Applicant / Licensee:
          Business Name Company Registration Number
          TNC Management Limited 1639133

Categories:
          Consumer credit
          Consumer hire
          Credit brokerage
          Credit reference agency
          Debt adjusting/counselling
          Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No
          Trading Name(s) (Current):
          Legal Services Bureau U.K.
          Sloane Portland Associates
          TNC Collections
          TNC Legal Services
          Transgram

Trading Name(s) (Historic):
          Legal Services Buran Uk

Issued Date: 01-Aug-2002 Expiry Date: 01-Aug-2012
          Legal Formation:
          Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:
          Name Position
          Lorraine Buckland
          Peter Buckland

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:
          Name Position
          Peter Buckland OFFICER

Nature of Business:
          Debt Collection
          Other
          Other

Current Address(es):
          Address Type Address
          Correspondence Portland House, Albion Street, Cheltenham, Glos, GL52 2LG, UK
          Principal Place Of Business Portland House, Albion Street, Cheltenham, Glocestershire, GL52 2LG, UK
          Registered Office Portland House, Albian Street, Cheltenham, Glos, GL52 2LG, UK

Historic Address(es):
          Address Type Address
          Correspondence Portland House, Albion Street, Cheltenham, Glocestershire, GL52 2LG, UK
          Registered Office Portland House, Albian street, Cheltenham, Gloulestershire, GL52 2LG, UK

So why on their advert are they Quoting Silvemans?

From their CCL a check under former names reveals Legal Services Bureau UK Ltd
          Got it now They used to be Legal Services Bureau UK Ltd, in otherwords Daniels Silverman.
          LINK
          Spam | 75 years

You now I have been doing a lot of this tracing lately and I am sure a lot of these changes are to do with Tax Avoidance.

I haven't figured what the Glasgow address has to do with it, but its within spitting distance of Scotcall and Mercers.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Another reason for playing at Silly Buggers would be regulatory avoidance.

I really cannot say why Web Debt Recovery gave the CCL of Daniel Silverman Limited, for there seems to be nothing to connect the two other than the way that both operate a number of companies. In each case, some of their companies comply with the law - and some of them apparently don't!

To start with, Web Debt Recovery is registered to Transnational Corporation Limited, of Cheltenham - Company number: 1639615, Data Protection Registration: Z5807181, CCL: 0128152.

However, their downloadable PDF brochure gives quite different details. There, their company number is given as 1639133, their Data Protection Registration is said to be Z7795875 and their CCL was misstated as 572341 rather than 523499. Still, it was quite close [WTF have you been smoking? Ed.] and it was the sort of careless error anyone could make, wasn't it?

... to be continued.

Attached:
            1. WHOIS Query WDR.pdf
            2. WebCHeck - TNC2.pdf
            3. Data Protection Register - TNC2.pdf
            4. Licence Details - TNC2.pdf
            5. brochure.pdf
            6. WebCHeck - TNC.pdf
            7. Data Protection Register - TNC.pdf
            8. Licence Details - TNC.pdf
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If you look at the FB page it bears a passing resemblence to our AAD News Feed. The articles culled from the same source no doubt.
              Can you screen print please mate as I am unsure what you're saying here...?

Thanks
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To be sure that there were no more TNC or Transnational companies with a Consumer Credit Licence, I ran another search using the postcode GL52 2LG; the results were recorded in "Public Register Search TNC ALL.pdf". As you can see, only two companies seem to have a CCL - and the same is true for the Data Protection Register (Data Protection Register - TNC All.pdf).

Perhaps they'd just forgotten about TNC Limited, formerly known as TNC plc, Company number 02475336, and hadn't bothered to notify the ICO about it or to get a current CCL for it? That company did once have a licence of its very own, 0345847, but it lapsed on 15 October 2007 and nobody seems to have bothered about it - Licence Details TNC plc.pdf - but it does seem odd that Companies' House seems to believe that company is still active.

That CCL is odd in itself, as it gives one name as "Legal Services Bureau U.K." and that may have caused some confusion with other companies with similar trading names. For example, it is a current trading name of TNC Management Ltd, founded on 1st June 1982 ("Licence Details - TNC.pdf" & "WebCHeck - TNC.pdf"; see above). Other official names for TNC plc include references to activities as enforcement agents or bailiffs; doubtless their unofficial names may have included terms that sought to impugn their parentage.

By the way, you'll doubtless have noticed that 1982 was the earliest any TNC company was founded and that 2012-1982 does not even approximately equal the 35 years Web Debt Recovery claims to have been in business. Thank goodness they're not Freemasons or they might aver to have been in business for some 3500 years, having been involved in the wages payment system for Master HA or Master TC in the building of KST.

... to be concluded.

Attached:
                1. Public Register Search TNC ALL.pdf
                2. Data Protection Register - TNC All.pdf
                3. WebCHeck - TNC Ltd.pdf
                4. Licence Details TNC plc.pdf
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 30 July 2012, 07:59.

Comment

So, the website was registered to Transnational Corporation Ltd, yet the numbers for company registration and Data Protection Register given by their brochure are for TNC Management Ltd. There is another company, TNC Ltd (formerly called TNC plc) which, although still active and apparently in the business of collecting debts, has neither a current CCL nor has deigned to inform the Data Protection wallahs of its continuing antics.

The CCL given in that brochure is valid; it's just unfortunate that it was in the name of Daniels Silverman Ltd of Liverpool. The DPR entry for them brings up the additional names of "Duncan Sheard Glass" and "Debt Enforcement Associates". Another company with the same address (which is just a firm of accountants) is Legal Development Services Company Limited which, according to its entry on the Data Protection Register, keeps data on subjects' sexual life for the provision of legal services.

Mind you, would they have declared it if they were offering illegal services?

That company was dissolved on 31 January 2012 and seems never to have enjoyed the benefits of a CCL in any of the 10.5 years it existed.

Attached:
                  1. Licence Details - DSL.pdf
                  2. WebCHeck - DSL.pdf
                  3. Data Protection Register - DSL.pdf
                  4. Data Protection Register - Duncan etc.pdf
                  5. Data Protection Register - LDSC.pdf
                  6. WebCHeck - LDSC.pdf
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cheers for all that Clever . So many inconsistencies. I wonder what Daniels Silverman would think about them using their CCL number, even mistakenly.

When I saw the ad on FB this sprang to mind
                    LINK Debt collectors target Facebook to get money back - allaboutFORUMS

Niddy, when I said their news feed bears a passing resemblance to ours, I hope you don't think I was implying that they have copied ours. Only that a lot of the stories are the same as ones AAD's news feed. To me it gives the impression they are trying to look helpful and informed

Examples are And I love this one

LINK OFT to Close Rogue Debt Collectors | UK Debt Collection News All the Latest news and stories

LINK BPA: Clamping on Private Land ‘Should Cease in September’ | UK Debt Collection News All the Latest news and stories

This is the screen grab

Click image for larger version

Name:	Web Debt 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1390382

Regards for now, Handy

Comment

Transnational have been in the debt collection field for years. They used to sell debt insurance by coldcalling businesses. Their salesmen were commission only and it was a rare one that lasted more than three months as they would only get paid if they met a target. The product was worthless and very very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X