GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter

Hello everyone,

My partner has rec'd three letters in the last couple of months. The most recent is headed 'final notice' and warns her that 'legal proceedings' will be recommended. The letters are addressed with her and her husband's name on the top.

The letter states pursuers as NPower and the principle sum a little under £500. The account was in both their names.

A little background: she and her husband separated in Jan 2010. They agreed to share the outstanding bills. She paid her's there and then and her husband, still living in the matrimonial rented home agreed to pay his share. It appears very likely that the husband continued to run up a bill then disappeared without paying it.

She has not responded to the letters.

I am trying to help her as she is quite concerned and in fairness does not want to pay her ex's debt.

I have read many forum pages of peoples often shocking experiences with BC&W including Fred's in another thread here.

I was wondering if anyone has been in simliar circumstances (hope not) or perhaps knows what she might expect to happen next and what her options might be?

Thank you very much, Jerry
    Last edited by jerry; 20 July 2012, 18:06.

Re: Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter

Hi and welcome to AAD, I am no expert but someone who is will be along to advise soon.

Comment

BCW won't do anything. I'd seriously not worry about this. After a while they WILL go away....

If they get heavy or you start to freak out give us a shout and I'll sort you a nice little letter to get rid of them
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps hi
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          BCW won't do anything. I'd seriously not worry about this. After a while they WILL go away....

If they get heavy or you start to freak out give us a shout and I'll sort you a nice little letter to get rid of them

Hi, Well that is reassuring, thanks! When I hear again I will post. Have a good weekend.

Comment

Hello again Never-In-Doubt, hello everyone!

Only silence from BCW as you predicted, thank you! We haven't contacted them.

If this should be the top of a fresh thread pls let me know and I'll certainly do that.

A letter arrived today from Wescot Credit Services Ltd headed Notice of Debt Collection £105. Instruction to collect on behalf of client Santander UK plc. It comprises a giro slip at the bottom and contact details for post and phone payments.

Her circumstances are exactly as outlined at the top of this page. If she felt for a moment it was my partner's debt we'd have paid it.

I'm wondering if you or anyone might know what we should do and if we do nothing (like with BCW) what we might expect to happen next?

Thank you very much

Jerry

Comment

Come on = "Wetcloths Thinking", what with? lol

By the way Welcome.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Flower Power and for your welsome The Tech Clerk.

That's reassuring news and interesting too. I think I saw Anne Widicome on a breakfast TV sofa recently advising with great assertiveness the first thing to do in this situation is to ring up, make contact and talk to the collector. Glad we came here first!

Jerry

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jerry.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  ps hi
                  Another newbie making one line posts just to get his post count up .

Originally posted by jerry View Post
                  I think I saw Anne Widicome on a breakfast TV sofa...
                  Did the sofa survive?

...recently advising with great assertiveness the first thing to do in this situation is to ring up, make contact and talk to the collector.
                  What do you expect from a political puppet whose strings are pulled by the finance “industry”? As with all other politicians in the country, the paymasters matter, the voters don't.

Even if somebody wanted to pay an alleged debt, it would be extremely dangerous to negotiate by voice as it leaves no record of the dialogue. Communication in writing is essential no matter what your objectives may be.

If the alleged debt has been passed to Wetclothes you will undoubtedly also receive letters from their pseudo-licitor alter-ego Nelson Gits. These letters are so professional that they don't even have a telephone number for the so-called law firm, just one for the DCA from whom they are supposedly “independent”. Honestly, you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel here.

Nelson Gits, eh? One eye, one arm, one leg. Pity they couldn't find one bloody brain cell to go with them.

SH

Comment

Hello everyone,

Well we've not heard from Nelsons but did get a call to our ansa machine from H L solicitors (Collections and Legal), Redditch today. This is the same County in which we live.

Now, we can't tell if this eminates from BCW (and a Npower debt abt £500) at the top of this thread or in fact from Wescot Credit Services Ltd (abt £105 Santandar) halfway down.

Either way, the voice message asks us to call H L. I guess this means it's more serious now? Do you think my partner should do what they want now and call?

Thank you all!

Jerry

BTW my partners 'debts' aren't her's alone. When she and her ex split she paid half before leaving and he said he'd pay the other - and guess? I have a good feeling I don't need to give this explaination to get your insightful comments and that a 'everyone in here's innocent' Shawshank type assumption rules.... J

Comment

Do you think my partner should do what they want now and call?
                      Not unless they are skilled and experienced at handling this type of situation, and have the ability to record calls.

If this rabble were serious, why are they not sending proper letters like a reputable firm of solicitors?

If you wanted to be proactive, you could always respond by letter. If you think there is a serious danger of court proceedings being issued, a letter sent first class recorded delivery should get there the next day.

SH

Comment

If you are not sure what debt these muppets are ringing about, ignore them. They will soon write to you if they get no where on the phone.

Failing that, if you happen to answer the phone off gaurd, just tell them to make all corespondence in writing and hang up.

Personally, i never answer calls or reply to any letters which do not clearly state what debt it relates to.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I concur, for now ignorance is best - please update us if and when they do write but if you happen to answer the phone to them just hang up.....

Literally if they say "it's HL Legal" just hang-up.

Comment

Had one the other day, ring my mum and ask for her by her first name, like it was a personal call, so always gotta be warey of these idiots trying any method lol

Comment

Big thank you to everyone who commented! Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Working...
                              X