GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - Unknown Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit - Unknown Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit - Unknown Debt

My partner has received a letter from 1st credit which did not really have any details on it; so we called to find out what it related to.

They are saying he has an unsecured loan from City finance for £1336.39 which has not had a payment since 28/02/2006. He has no idea what this could be and certainly doesn't remember making any loan payments back then. We are concerned that because we have contacted them that they will now be chasing and threatening all the time and we are also in the process of looking at getting a mortgage so don't want anything on the credit report that might cause us problems.

What is the best way to dispute the loan and where do we stand when they are saying the last payment was 2006?..... over 9 years ago.

Thanks

Re: 1st Credit - Unknown Debt

It's clearly statute barred as per my pm earlier.

Just write and tell them. We have templates..... http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi jakka_uk. I don't think you have anything to worry about with this as the debt is statute-barred (they can't take you to court for it.)

Do you know if your partner had a loan? I'm only asking because it would depend on which template letter you'd send to 1st Credit.

BTW Never, ever speak to debt collectors on the phone, always write.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I see Niddy's post has crossed with mine. You'd need to be sending the Statute Barred letter: in the templates section go to UE letters and guides --->3rd section, requests to comply. You'll find the SB letter there.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Everyone. He is certain he never had the loan stated and has spoken to his x-wife to see is she could remember it (all very amicable there) but she has no idea what it could be either. We have printed off a letter quoting the consumer credit sourcebook and FCA re them not being able to chase a debt which is in query but are we better going with a letter stating the debt is statute barred? Also where do we stand if this is now showing on his credit report. We printed one off about 6 months ago and there was nothing on it then but I have seen in other forums that people say these so called debts are all of a sudden showing.

Thanks

Comment

It's possible that it belongs to someone with the same name and they're 'phishing', sending letters to anyone with that name in the hope that they'll get the right one. As neither your partner nor his ex-wife know anything about this debt then I think I would be sending our You Know Nothing of the Debt template with perhaps a sentence at the end saying that the debt is statute barred, regardless of whose debt it is.

If a debt/default is added in error then you'll be able to get it removed so try not to worry about that.
            Last edited by Pixie; 10 March 2015, 14:20.

Comment

If he sends the statute barred letter is he admitting the debt is his though we are sure it isn't? Do we need to put something in the letter to state that although it is statute barred he does not admit to the debt being his in the first place?

Comment

I was changing my last post as you posted Jakka_uk.

Comment

That's great thank you. You have all been very helpful. I will print off a template as soon as I am registered/accepted to do so.

Comment

Remember to click on the link in the activation email (the second email)

Comment

Hi Pixie have done this. It keeps saying Registration failed: Verification code not found. Should I try re registering

Comment

Originally posted by Jakka_uk View Post
                        Hi Pixie have done this. It keeps saying Registration failed: Verification code not found. Should I try re registering
                        I can't see your name on the members list over there, Never-In-Doubt (Niddy) checks all registrations himself and it looks like he hasn't accepted you yet, please could you check again this evening.

Thank you for your patience
                        IF
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Will do Not a problem thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jakka_uk View Post
                            Will do Not a problem thank you
                            Just seen your name over there, so you can now login
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

When you've logged in over there come back to this thread and click on the link it post #10 - it will take you straight to the You Know Nothing of the Debt template letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X