Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlc

Hello there,

I had a debt with HSBC that was sold to dlc.
    I was paying dlc for a long time at £112 a month then suddenly back in 2013, around 4 months before the file dropped off my credit file due to 6 year marker they stopped updating my credit file. I lodged a dispute with credit expert and then the file dropped off my credit report.
    I presumed that dlc had sold it on and stopped paying them.

I have now received a letter today to the Occupier with reference to my name asking for me to contact them, should i contact them or are they fishing to find out where i live??

any advice would help please.

Re: dlc

Sounds like they are fishing. Was this letter from DLC or another creditor?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reply it was from dlc, just stating they need to contact the named person regarding a personal matter and we was provided with this address. When I stopped paying them In 2013 I think the debt stood at around £2900.
      What I'm a little worried about is are they trying to ccj me? Can they do this with a debt so old that dropped off my credit file after 6 year marker?

Comment

Well yes they can, it doesn't matter if its dropped off the credit file, its not statute barred because you last paid it in 2013, it would need to be 6 years from last payment to avoid a CCJ.

DLC do often file a claim, and usually proceed with a charging order to protect their money, they don't usually force a sale, just secure the debt.

I would ignore this letter, and keep a close eye on anything else that comes along. They are usually pretty quick with their threats so I wouldn't be surprised if you get another letter soon. When you do, let us know, and we will advise.

Have you ever made a CCA Request before?

Could you let me know some more infor regarding this debt.

When was the debt with HSBC first taken out? Was it a Credit Card?

Do you own your own home? Rent, or living with someone else who owns the property?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't believe I have ever made a cca request to them for this,

The debt is made up from a loan credit card and current account. They sent a statement to my old address on the 07/05/2014 showing a closing balance for the 19/10/2012 for £4261.65 (this is incorrect as I kept paying for at least another year before they stopped updating my credit file.. Making it around £2917.65)

I still have the original loan agreement from when I took it out could that be checked to see if it's unenforceable??

Sorry I think the original loan date was 04/11/1991
          Hillesden purchased it at £11326.21

The house is my wife's and we have no joint finances.

My credit file is actually pretty clean now and I was starting to get offered things again, the last thing I need is a ccj as the wife is desperate for us to buy together :-(
          Last edited by ey_137; 16 May 2014, 22:13.

Comment

Hi, you need to send a copy of your agreement to Niddy, read and follow this link http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ement-to-Niddy
            do not black anything out.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, would I need to start unenforcability diary before hand?

Comment

No, just send an unedited copy to Niddy and mark this thread. If you haven't had a reply within a few days send a gentle reminder!

Comment

Thanks again.
                  Emailed Niddy cca to check

Comment

Working...
                  X