GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs Bank of Ireland - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs Bank of Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy vs Bank of Ireland

I'm really not having much luck lately! I am in the middle of a personal battle with HBOS, HSBC, Opus and now BOI.

Ok, background here - I changed banks in April, as you all know (see my HSBC thread for details) - so I notify all my DD companies and they all manage to sort it by May, to allow streamlined transition.

Bank of Ireland, well that was a different kettle of fish! I'll upload the complaint letter which will explain it in greater detail, along with a screen print of their late payment entry against me.

I am sick of banks treating me like a twat - I will eat them up and spit the fuckers back out again! Arghhhhh

Ooooh yea, I also sent it right to the top (as I do) direct to Des Crowleys inbox

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I feel the time has come to formally complain as I feel the way I have been treated recently is nothing short of shambolic. In a nutshell, I changed my bank account in April and notified all my payees of my new bank details, you included. However when I rung to check you’d received my instruction, I was told that you need a completed DD mandate even though I had written in asking for the new DD to be taken from the new Coventry account (this is due to a large dispute with my old bank, HSBC).

I was told that I could not pay the next premium over the phone as I was not in arrears, even though I explained to the operative that a payment was due shortly and there would be no way possible to get a new mandate posted to me, receive it back again and give the necessary 14 days before the next payment was due – the operative told me to wait and ring after the payment due date to pay over the phone, I was told that this is normal practice.

Fine, or so I thought, so a few days later when payment was due I rung again and made a payment using my debit card and at the same time I also requested that a DD was set-up. The guy on the phone confirmed he would do this for me and proceeded to request my bank details etc. – he never read me the DD guarantee or anything, so I immediately became suspicious and decided to record the whole call as I felt something was just not right.

So, imagine my horror when a few days later I receive a DD Mandate in the post, I decided to ring and query this being I had done it over the phone at the time I paid using my card and was told nothing was set-up and that you cannot take DD Instructions verbally. I laughed and said nonsense as all companies can take verbal authority for Direct Debits, but she was adamant that I must fill in the mandate so I confirmed I would do so and would post it asap.

Now, fast forward to last week; when I receive a letter from your Credit Control Dept advising that my account is restricted due to non payment – ermm, hello – I had a live DD as far as I was concerned PLUS I tried to pay over the phone and again was told I could not as I was not yet in arrears (absolutely ridiculous rule).

Now, the messing around with payments doesn’t concern me as much as the other major contributor here – you’ve recorded a late payment against me with the credit agencies even though I tried several times to complete payment, plus at the time of the late payment you DID have a valid DD mandate on file, the fact it didn’t suit your payment run is not my concern in the slightest – however what does concern me is your lack of consumer service, the clear lack of a sustainable payment processing model and most importantly your eagerness to cripple the creditworthiness of an otherwise perfect customer with over 2 years of flawless account history.

I am currently in a large FOS / Possible legal battle with Equifax, HSBC & Opus for registering incorrect data against me regards to mistakes made by the bank and I really do not want to add BOI to my hit-list. I am not a happy bunny.

Therefore, you will clearly see from system notes the date and time I rung to make payment in April/May and I formally request you request a tape of the call from your IT dept and listen to it and you’ll clearly hear your operatives telling me that I cannot pay over the phone until I am in arrears (thus resulting in a £12 charge that could and should have been avoided); and also confirming that they’d set up a direct debit for me.

Thus, you leave me no option than to demand immediate removal of any derogatory data registered with the credit agencies – as it was NOT my fault you refused my direct debit over the phone nor was it my fault you insist that I am in arrears prior to being allowed to pay over the phone using debit card – in a nutshell, how on earth else could I pay the instalment due when you put up so many barriers to stop me paying? – I also demand a refund of the two late payment charges applied to the account and removal of any system notes that would suggest I have missed these payments, basically you need to retrospectively return the account back to the point I contacted you PRIOR to being in any arrears, when I tried to make payment which was refused.

As you can see, my bank paid the DD (£125 balance) with no problem on 7th July – this should have been taken as far back as 7th May – definitely by June, but no, to no avail…

If, after 7 days, you have not come back to me with a suitable offer including recompense for my inconvenience, I shall have no option but to refer this to the FOS for their consideration because I cannot allow a late payment entry, as detailed below, to reflect my real standing with you which is otherwise exemplary.

Yours faithfully,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BOI_1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1412728
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Niddy vs Bank of Ireland

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ouch! Bank of Ireland Niddy? Don't we own it now? ( ho bloody ho)

Tell 'em to remember the potato famine and as our prisons are overcrowded we could re-form the Black and Tans.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

oomph mate - I daren't
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is there any bank/financial institution that you arent gonna screw around and over?
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Blimey are any of these banks remotely competent? Looks like that's a no!
            Go Niddy!
            Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
            SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
              Is there any bank/financial institution that you arent gonna screw around and over?
              Only those that don't screw me first!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Ooooh yea, I also sent it right to the top (as I do) direct to Des Crowleys inbox
                Had a reply to my email yesterday - see attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1383006

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                  The minute banks start treating their customers with respect, then there will be no need for us to do what you have suggested Niddy is doing!

If only more people complained then perhaps, just perhaps, the banks would sit up and take note and offer "customer service".

Sure, they can make mistakes, but it is what they do about them that counts........

All the best with this one, Niddy
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    If only more people complained then perhaps, just perhaps, the banks would sit up and take note and offer "customer service"
                    The overall number of complaints to financial institutions (monitored by the FSA) in H2 of 2010 was 1,795,182.

For BoS alone the number of complaints referred to the FOS in the last 6 months is 6743.

How many people complaining is going to be needed?

If the above figures are not enough for the financial industry to sit up and take note then no figures are going to be!

The simple fact is that customers are no longer seen as such, and the term 'customer services' means nothing. Most customer services centres are now being rebranded internally as 'contact centres' where they will use every 'contact' as an opportunity to screw us out of even more money.

I agree that whenever we are treated poorly by the banks we should complaint, but the truth is they couldn't give a monkeys.

They are that arrogant they will use every legal loophole available to justify extortionate charges, dodgy selling and trading practices (toxic mortgage as an AAA product anyone?), however if customers start doing the same, they will take things all the way to the supreme courts.

The only thing that makes them sit up and take note is when they start losing money.

As far as I'm concerned they deserve everything consumers can throw at them.

Banks have treated customers as 'the enemy' for many years now.

Its just taken some time for consumers to realise that they were in a 'war' to start with and have started to fight back and the banks don't like it.

SnV
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update 11th August 2011.

Had response; they've apologised twice and paid £60 comp plus £24 to remove late fees plus confirmation the CRF late entries will be gone.

Result - for a simple stamp and ten minute letter.

I'll post their letter shortly.

Comment

Working...
                      X