GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy vs HBOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy vs HBOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy vs HBOS

Afternoon All,

Just thought i'd update my saga with the banks by starting another thread, in similar context to my others;HSBC
    Right, as some of you will know I was with HSBC when all of a sudden they wanted to close my accounts, fine - I have other accounts; end result - still ongoing, awaiting response to my letter to the chief exec! This is all detailed in the thread called Niddy vs HSBC

BARCLAYS
    As I like more than one account at any one time, I applied to Barclays - what a carry on; end result - no account but £100 compensation accepted! See the details of this in the thread called Niddy v Barclays.

HBOS
    Ok, so a few weeks ago in between the Barclays and HSBC carry on I was chatting to Angelic (click to see relevant posts) about accounts and thought sod it, i'd apply to HBOS. Now, the way their systems work is that whenever you apply you'll get allocated an account number and sort code - this is irrelevant; they can still decline you - they do this as it registers your application. The account appears on internet banking but simply tells you they're processing it or whatever.

So, after a few days of seeing the same message I called HBOS to be told it had been accepted, I then sent the £100 required deposit in order to finalise it and release the card etc. To my surprise the £100 was rejected and after two weeks appeared back in my original account. I then rung HBOS to be told the account was closed and declined. How so, it was open and confirmed?

So, off went a complaint straight to the top, ie the chief exec (I like dealing with the idiots at the top as they are easier to manipulate). End result is an offer of £50 or complain to the FOS - me thinks, being no real hassle was caused to me, that i'll accept the £50 and walk away! So, end result here seems to be another free £50 - this time from HBOS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hbos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1412588

Successes to Date -

Niddy - +£150 (+ a biggie in waiting with HSBC)
    Banks - -£150

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Niddy vs HBOS

oooh bad niddy!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Love it!

Comment

I like the part where it says "I hope I have explained"....

You need a response like, "well not really, you have just regurgitated what the other idiots have told me, but not explained why this major fuck up happened in the first place."
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

love it...........

Comment

Oooh major developments here

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Oooh major developments here
              Oooh do tell Nid
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ok Ok

I applied above on 31st March.

3 months later = 1st July. So guess what - I reapplied and this time it's 100% open cos it's now giving me choice to edit o/d etc

Bye bye HSBC - welcome HBOS!!

* screen print to follow showing full ultimate reward account!

Comment

can't wait
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not hello HBOS, as in welcome to the Halicraps?

Comment

* screen print to follow showing full ultimate reward account!
                      As promised, already funded with the £101 to release card etc - last time it never showed the deposit, this time it does so thinking it's sorted properly now - if so, bloody well done HBOS.

The top account with "action required" is the original one from March (declined) - the middle one shows the one applied for a couple of days ago, all opened and with my £101 credit

Name:	hbos.png
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1382928

Comment

As promised, already funded with the £101 to release card etc - last time it never showed the deposit, this time it does so thinking it's sorted properly now - if so, bloody well done HBOS.

The top account with "action required" is the original one from March (declined) - the middle one shows the one applied for a couple of days ago, all opened and with my £101 credit
                        I thought i'd test the HBOS systems (ie the way they issue overdrafts and lending based on TRIAD) - still works

Notice new overdraft - account is one day old!

Name:	OD1.png
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1382930

Comment

Received shiny new card today. Weird having so many accounts but hey, not half as weird as letting a bank GIVE me £60 per year for nuffin

Thanks HBOS - I promise I'll go gentle on you (ahem)

* am I a convincing liar?

Comment

not particularly
                            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I thought i'd test the HBOS systems (ie the way they issue overdrafts and lending based on TRIAD) - still works

Notice new overdraft - account is one day old!
                              [ATTACH]1195[/ATTACH]
                              Have been looking at your posts with different banks, what does lending based on TRIAD mean?

I was ok with Halifax until they fully merged with Lloyd's Banking

Comment

Working...
                              X