X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equifax

How fcuking hard can it be for Equifax to sort the online account out:

For love no money, it doesn't accept any user names, passwords - already spoken to an American person on the phone - USELESS!!

But for love no money i can login into my EDIT PERSONAL File though, and RESET USER NAME & PASSWORD.

BUT when you go to the site to customer login IT DOESN'T ACCEPT IT.........FCUKING USELESS

Will be winging a letter to them NOW! that if ANY MONIES are taken from my account, they'll be paying an administration charge of £250 with daily interest for wasting my Fcekin time

bloody credit reference agencies, telling US that we are a Number!

I AM NOT A NUMBER! I AM A HUMAN BEING!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Equifax

They also say, that they keep ALL my details on FILE when i register, even if i cancel - It causes more hassle than its worth!!!!!!!!!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

equifax is like part of your name as a log-in

Mine is (for example) niddy1980

Failing that, ring em mate!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        equifax is like part of your name as a log-in

Mine is (for example) niddy1980

Failing that, ring em mate!

It doesn't accept any names when i logon or passwords

spoke to them twice - useless they were, they went through what creditcards/store cards have you had in the past 6 years even even if they are closed, any loans, so he could try to re-set the system up, in the end he told me to send them 2 proofs of ID on the website help file (which is fine, as i can log into that with the name and password for some reason)

cheesed off with it all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          They also say, that they keep ALL my details on FILE when i register, even if i cancel - It causes more hassle than its worth!!!!!!!!!
          On what grounds do they claim this right?

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
            I don't know, i never asked them, i was pissed off on the phone, and still fuming now.........they'll be getting a letter of charges from me i can tell you that for a fact, if its not sorted!

Comment

Either HMRC (6yrs) or DPA (3 years)....

If you pay for something then the charging company should retain records for 6 years in line with hmrc guidance.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Can you slow down and bullet point or spell this out for me please mate.

What EXACTLY is the issue? Do you pay £6.95 per month to view online reports but you can't log in or are you trying to access an old report/account??

I'm confused....

Comment

Either HMRC (6yrs) or DPA (3 years)....

If you pay for something then the charging company should retain records for 6 years in line with hmrc guidance.
                  If you don't pay you still have to keep them. OFT have told me I must keep everything for 6 years (sounds like it should be three - I'll look into that one!). Heck, I have enough problems keeping physical stuff for a day or two!

Comment

If you don't pay you still have to keep them. OFT have told me I must keep everything for 6 years (sounds like it should be three - I'll look into that one!). Heck, I have enough problems keeping physical stuff for a day or two!
                    You only need to keep stuff mate if you retain personal data in line with DPA Regs, however once there is no valid agreement between you then you can safely dispose of details after 12 months.

The norm is 3 years, however if you sold a product or service you should be retaining details for 6 years which is in line with HMRC!

OFT are slightly wrong mate, you're not expected to retain data for longer than necessary and due to the nature of your work, I would suggest after 12 months of no contact that you'll be fine removing all data (securely of course)!

Comment

Can you slow down and bullet point or spell this out for me please mate.

What EXACTLY is the issue? Do you pay £6.95 per month to view online reports but you can't log in or are you trying to access an old report/account??

I'm confused....
                      thanks
                      No rush, or anything (not a DCA crisis)
                      i'll bullet train tonight

'why is it when you go back to work, that you are more tired than when you were off - even though its the same time'

Comment

OFT are slightly wrong mate, you're not expected to retain data for longer than necessary
                        Now why doesn't that surprise me? All the fuss I've had saying we don't handle any money etc.... How are we selling a service then?

DPA Underlying Principles - not to keep data for longer than necessary.

Muppets!

Comment

Just a couple of things here. We, as a small business in line with all businesses in the UK are required by HMRC to keep all records under the Companies Act 1986 (and amendments) for a full 7 years prior to the current accounting year. Companies House require 6 years of records to be kept.

However on the hearsay front when my son worked in the "City" a few years back on the trading floor of a large commodities bank. The FSA told all banks that they could destroy records they held which were over 6 years old to cut costs. If there was any "comeback" then they (the banks) would receive full backing from the FSA, this was in clear contravention as I see it to the Companies Act but tells you an awful lot about the regulators. When I looked into all this in 2007 and 2008 I drew the conclusion that the banks were on a further sticky wicket with running credit agreements as the legislation is quite clear in my mind in that records have to be kept for 7 years AFTER the conclusion of all business to do with that agreement. This is reinforced, from commentaries I have read in the Contract Law area and some supporting case law claims in those commentaries. Also government contracts such as defence supply etc require a facility for the keeping records for 10years which also ties in with for example the EU pressure vessel safety directives which require anyone involved to keep records (highly detailed) for ten years.

Its a mess the whole thing.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Absolutely right Garlok - the banks abuse this terribly, and those of us that need them to go back further as a result suffer. Isn't there something in law about "abuse of process?" Not something I know anything about, but wonder if it might apply here?

Comment

Hi Casp,

I think you are right but Paul might be the best to answer this in full because I always have treated "abuse of process" more in line with the CPR. It would be interesting to get a proper opinion on this.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Working...
                              X