GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Scam Text Warnings - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scam Text Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam Text Warnings

SCAM TEXT MESSAGE WARNING
    "We have been trying to contact you regarding your PPI Claim, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply CONFIRM and we will call you back"

Listed number: 07781475031
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Mobile scam

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    SCAM TEXT MESSAGE WARNING
    "We have been trying to contact you regarding your PPI Claim, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply CONFIRM and we will call you back"

Listed number: 07781475031
    Start of Latest Numbers to ADD to the Ever long list of Pilchards:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1391338

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1391340
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Scam Text Warnings

I got that text last week, i laughed.

We are currently going through a PPI Claim but they dont have my mobile so knew it was a scam.

I do get those injury claim texts nearly every 2 weeks though, the amount goes up everytime, only injury ive ever had was catching my finger in a door lol

Id also be warey of texting back STOP, as it could be a scam to see if the number is a valid one.
      Last edited by SXGuy; 14 October 2012, 13:59.

Comment

I wanna know what this "New Legislation" is like..... there aint any so bugger-me-jesus knows what they're on aboot
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yeah i ignore them as well _ let alone reply with STOP........Nice if we can ADD ALL these numbers to this list

Comment

Forward all messages to 7726 - it spells SPAM on your keypad - Virgin is 87726.

I used to get lots of these and now I probably get 1 a week, I also forwarded a text from Crapquest to it as well - no more texts

Comment

Texts from:

Calls from:

Also a text from

07990956307 Payday Penguin (offering a cash loan ...goodness knows what the interest rate would be!)
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Latest:

+44 07788 616560

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1391374

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	1391372

This is there Website:

PPI Claims - Mis-Sold Payment Protection Insurance | Reclaim PPI | PPI No More Claims

and
                Address Details:

PPI-Today
                586, Park Towers,
                Block 26, P.E.C.H.S.,
                Shahrah-e-Faisal,
                Karachi

As Always NEVER EVER RESPOND TO TEXTS

As you can see it starts with +44 (UK International Dial Code), and they ain't based in the UK, Instead Karachi

Comment

Re: Mobile scam

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  Start of Latest Numbers to ADD to the Ever long list of Pilchards:

[ATTACH]6223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6224[/ATTACH]
                  i had the same message as your second picture yesterday morning from 077624802266 they knew my name and the city i live in
                  ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

another one to add to the list:

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1391536

I actually replied by mistake (whilst sending a reply to a friends text), instead of saying STOP or PPI, i sent: (don't forget to bring a fish supper, 2x single fish and sausage supper when coming around)

Comment

Latest ones to text me:

07867361580 "URGENT you are owed £3350 for the PPI you took out, time is running out to claim, please visit PPI Claims - Mis-Sold Payment Protection Insurance | Reclaim PPI | PPI No More Claims to claim, thank you" Strange that I'm owed exactly the same amount of PPI as 5corpio...especially as I never took any out!

They received my usual reply

07787446160 "Due to new legislation, those struggling with debt can now apply to have it written off. For more information text the word INFO"

I must admit I was tempted to text INFO to find out what this miraculous new legislation is but instead they got my customary reply

07867330963 "We have been trying to contact you regarding your accident, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply CLAIM and we will post you a pack out"

Guess what my reply was?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Latest ones to text me:

07867361580 "URGENT you are owed £3350 for the PPI you took out, time is running out to claim, please visit PPI Claims - Mis-Sold Payment Protection Insurance | Reclaim PPI | PPI No More Claims to claim, thank you" Strange that I'm owed exactly the same amount of PPI as 5corpio...especially as I never took any out!

07787446160 "Due to new legislation, those struggling with debt can now apply to have it written off. For more information text the word INFO"

I must admit I was tempted to text INFO to find out what this miraculous new legislation is but instead they got my customary reply

07867330963 "We have been trying to contact you regarding your accident, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply CLAIM and we will post you a pack out"

Guess what my reply was?

I still say forward the message on to 7726, these messages have now virtually stopped for me, probably one a week at most, oh and Virgin is 87726. It spells SPAM on the keypad preceded with a V for virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Latest ones to text me:

Guess what my reply was?
                          I have a standard text reply to these morons.....it begins with F and ends in Off.....

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                            I have a standard text reply to these morons.....it begins with F and ends in Off.....
                            Originally posted by vossy View Post
                            I still say forward the message on to 7726, these messages have now virtually stopped for me, probably one a week at most, oh and Virgin is 87726. It spells SPAM on the keypad preceded with a V for virgin.
                            I do that as well since you told us about it...after I've made my usual reply...which is remarkably similar to exactly the same as alland's

Comment

Pixie

I got that one today!! you must NOT of been in the same accident as me.
                              Last edited by nightwatch; 1 November 2012, 12:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X