GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water bills 2012 to 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bills 2012 to 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water bills 2012 to 2013

Received my water bill in the door this morning, crikey it's gone up lots.

Although I expect others will be paying more than me so I shouldnt really grumble really.
    What I would like to know is, does the actual bill go on your own individual household itself?

This is mine:

Water Charge £210.47
    Sewerage Charge £291.19

Total £501.66

Paid in monthly instalments......
    23 April £50.13
    Thereafter every month until 23 Jan 2012
    £50.17.

We used to be paying £47.68 a month.

The house next door to me was having lots of sewerage problems throughout the year, all drainage is also in their garden, not sure if that would affect our bills as well?
    Last edited by di30; 16 March 2012, 12:38.

Re: Water bills 2012 to 2013

Well we pay £150 per qtr and we use like 3 showers a day plus maybe 10-15 washes a week and the dishwasher twice a day (yea yea I know)!

So as a metered property that uses more water in a day than Ethiopia sees in a decade, i'd say yours seems high but then again aren't most around £50 per month? I thought that was the norm (or maybe not )
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL oh dear

Do you know what? I have been so so so so so stupd!

I checked Welsh Water and only NOW realise that I could have paid water by a capped amount! Less too!!! Doh!

My son receives DLA, I get Tax Credits (child not working tax) but child benefit am waiting for them to reinstate again and backdate because of current circumstances, staying in education as such, but I could have saved lots of money, how stupid am I?

I am going to complete the form and send them an email to let them know that I was not aware of these capped benefits, not that will make any difference now of getting anything back, but worth a shot and with a bit of luck it will be done this time round.

Niddy and everyone else, I don't know who your suppliers are but worth checking if you do now know this about savings because of children under a certain age and do on.

Mine here......

http://www.dwrcymru.com/en/Household...er-Assist.aspx

Comment

We don't get any benefits - maybe above the threshold? But well spotted......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          We don't get any benefits - maybe above the threshold? But well spotted......

Right not a problem, defo worth everyone checking though, will have to get a list of other providers, I assume they should all offer these benefits.

Comment

Hi

At my old place I never had a metre and it was £35 a month over 10 months - new house we have a metre - so watch this space!!

Comment

here its incl with the council tax bill

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

Weird foreigners

Comment

I can post this on a separate thread if required as well, for the ease of anyone wanting to find their own water provider, for now a list.

http://www.water-guide.org.uk/companies.html

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                    That's different Jen lol.

Comment

I have emailed Welsh Water with details, having some probs with my puter downloading again stupid thing!!!

Comment

Yup in scotland you pay your water bill through the council its great

Comment

i got my water bill, i pay twice a year, 2012/2013 £124 per 6mth (£248) or something like (£20 a month works out) - use a min of 10 showers in a week, but i live in a Flat, would be slightly cheaper with a water meter, but not bothered..........
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ours after the little un was born actually went down! we've a 2 bed bungalow showers every day washing machine NEVER off & we were £38 then metered at 25 now down to £17 so god knows how we do it

Comment

I'm on a meter, my last quartly bill was for £27.42

I get a bath once a week
                              needed or not

Wish I had a shower
                              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X