GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water bills 2012 to 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bills 2012 to 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water bills 2012 to 2013

not even going to tell you what my last quartly bill was............
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We've been paying £52pm over 10 months. Just enquired about a meter now there's only two of us and had letter to say they'll do a survey etc. If it doesn't work out cheaper we can swap back within 2 years free of charge. Hoping to save a bit. Fingers crossed

Comment

we were dreading the move to where we are now......old place 1 bed house just the 2 of us I paid £35 a month....but as I said before switch to larger property & manage water use we are a lot better off

remember as well if anyone in the household suffers with certain medical conditions that require more water you can apply to your local provider & they'll cap use meaning if you go over they'll foot the bill

Comment

We take showers more so than baths, ok twice a day each, so that is 8 showers a day in total for us all, just have the one loo, do not use a dishwasher (only hubby) lol, but I do know its cheaper to have a shower than a bath.
          I run the washing machine at least 5 days a week, sometimes up to 3 washes at a time at most.

Comment

last year the water rates on our 2 bed semi-demolished were £376.39

this year £400.65, so we are paying £2,02 more a month

no complaints from me. YET !!!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a phone call from Welsh Water.
              They are sending me the form in the post, because of some problems downloading it (maybe my printer), and the lady asked questions and said it certainly looks like we are eligble for the lowest fixed tariff.

As soon as the forms arrive, complete and send them back before the end of this month and she said she will get it backdated to last April 2011.

Now that will be a huge saving.

Comment

Result ! well done Di

Comment

Am very happy about that.

Thank you x

Comment

Seeing as there's just me here, do you think I'd be better with a water meter?
                    I pay £31 a month at the moment.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Seeing as there's just me here, do you think I'd be better with a water meter?
                      I pay £31 a month at the moment.
                      Yes.......

Comment

Thanks I2D.

I've been putting off enquiring about a water meter in case I end up paying more - I do like a long soak in the bath in the evening as well as the shower in the morning - but as it seems you can change back within a certain time if you're not happy I'll enquire.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

depends if you and if you water the garden a lot

Comment

If anyone’s worried about making the move to a water meter, do it.
                            When you get it fitted, you’re usually allowed do decide within up-to something like 3 months and then again a year layer, if you don’t like the charges you can then have it removed.

We were paying £46 a month in a semi and I persuaded my wife that it would be a good idea to get one fitted, our payments dropped to £17 then averaged to £21. We had 2 toilets, 1 bath and a wet room.

We have now moved into a bungalow and the charge was the same, £46. We got a meter fitted and the charge has again dropped to £17. We only have 1 toilet this time as its a bungalow and 1 bath/shower.

I remember something about if you have a water-butt you don’t have to pay drainage charge or something like that or something on the lines of £8 off your bill if you have one.
                            I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Good to hear Pookie. We're in the process of getting one.They said it would be within 40 days so should be all sorted before the new bills come out. They set our new payment at £30 to start with which will save us £20 pm and would be a bonus if it goes lower. The thing that had been putting us off, even though i know it's different is that when we were really struggling we went on prepayment meters for gas/electric and have regretted that ever since. Needed to reduce our outgoings til i get back to work though so we decided to start with this. Aso rang Sky etc, told them we were leaving and got 50%reduction. Trying to get NRAM to let us go on interest only but not getting far with that one

Comment

If I was not to benefit for the fixed tarif, then I would strongly be thinking about a water meter, going by the posts on here, sounds like a great saving!

Good luck all. x

Comment

Working...
                                X