GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water bills 2012 to 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bills 2012 to 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water bills 2012 to 2013

I managed to print the form off, as the one they supposed to have sent out had not arrived on the weekend, and time is limited if I want this backdated, they wanted the info and form returned back to them before the end of this month to do this.
    Also enclose the relevant evidence they require, hopefully they will deal with it immediately.

I did add in a little note that I received a phone call from them and mentioned about the backdating, just in case they've not recorded anything.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Also enclose the relevant evidence they require, hopefully they will deal with it immediately.
      Fingers crossed.
      And don't forget to make a copy for your own records.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        Fingers crossed.
        And don't forget to make a copy for your own records.
        Will do and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          last year the water rates on our 2 bed semi-demolished were £376.39

this year £400.65, so we are paying £2,02 more a month

no complaints from me. YET !!!
          that’s not bad, £30 odd a month.
          You could save more, cut your bill nearly by half and if you don't like it, you can have the meter removed a couple of months in or a year if you are unhappy with the bill.

Do you know how they came about the rate to charge for the water rates?
          It came about when Maggie introduced the Poll Tax, the water companies took on a similar rate of charges and it's stuck ever since.
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Thanks I2D.

I've been putting off enquiring about a water meter in case I end up paying more - I do like a long soak in the bath in the evening as well as the shower in the morning - but as it seems you can change back within a certain time if you're not happy I'll enquire.
            I nearly almost have 1 every night and were only paying £17.27 a month on a meter.

Comment

In our area (not sure if this applies everywhere?) you can make further savings by using water butts on your downpipes this reduces your surface water charge.

I received a form to fill in which I had to include a diagram of the house roof area, plus where the butts are positioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                In our area (not sure if this applies everywhere?) you can make further savings by using water butts on your downpipes this reduces your surface water charge.

I received a form to fill in which I had to include a diagram of the house roof area, plus where the butts are positioned.

That sounds good Trigger, it maybe something I would look into as an alternative, if I don't end up getting the fixed amount etc, if that applies to Welsh Water, worth checking on our very own provider's websites, thanks for that.

If not then it would have to be a meter.

Comment

looks like it applies to all..... OfwatSurface water drainage rebates

Comment

looks like it applies to all..... OfwatSurface water drainage rebates

Interesting that, will have to check it out, and for the ones not eligible for the fixed tariff, that looks to be a good option, thanks.

Comment

Where can I find that info on my provider's site?

http://www.dwrcymru.co.uk/en.aspx

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                        I remember something about if you have a water-butt you don’t have to pay drainage charge or something like that or something on the lines of £8 off your bill if you have one.

That's along the lines of what I said earlier, MUST be true then

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Where can I find that info on my provider's site?

http://www.dwrcymru.co.uk/en.aspx

Cheers.
                          Frequently Asked Questions | Business | Dr Cymru Welsh Water

This one;
                          The rainwater that falls on my premises does not return to the mains sewerage system. Am I entitled to a discount?

Comment

I am hopeless at this sort of thing lol.

I do not have sewer drainage in my garden, but they do on the end house to me, as I am mid link and one from the end and the other drainage is that outside of the property.

What would I be looking for exactly, on the application form there is a blank diagram for customers applying to sketch on to?

Here.....

http://www.dwrcymru.co.uk/_library/l...ter_rebate.pdf

I am aware that I will not be eligible for this if approved of the fixed tariff.

Comment

However, there are some properties where surface water does not drain into the public sewer, for example, properties whose surface water may drain to a soakaway, stream or river. If you think this applies to your property you may be able to claim a reduction in your sewerage charges.

I cant get my head round this bit. I'd be inclined to get someone in to check it out.

Comment

I wouldn't know where to start lol.

Next door has manholes in her garden, so i assume our row of houses would be connected up to that.

Surface water though, we do just have the main drainage downpipe, where overflowed from bad weather it goes down a tiny drain.

I still don't know where it goes from there though lol and how on earth can we check?

Outside of the property by the public footpath is a drain, but that is outside the property as stated, not ours personally.
                                Last edited by di30; 28 March 2012, 20:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X