GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Its broken down again!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its broken down again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its broken down again!!

Well, okay another thread but still related to the other!!

Yes my son's car broken down again and .....guess what?? the same problem!!

I also found out that a mate who lives behind me, bought a car from them, the same make too (Peugoet) same colour, same year and she been having probs after probs where they decided to give her another 6 months free warranty!

Right! well as far as we know the clutch was new going on, but I only just found out that my son never received the receipt from them to confirm this.
    However, it will be recorded, because Finance got in touch with them where they did contact them to get the job sorted, and we still have records of that too.

As my son was on the way to his girlfriend's about 28 miles away approx, he was 10 mins from her house, but left it parked in a public carpark for tonight and calling breakdown tomorrow, he is now with Greenflag and covered for the full one!

He will get it to the garage where he purchased it again, shove the spare key and a note (in case they are closed for New Years day).

Enough is enough now! x

Re: Its broken down again!!

Happy anniversary and happy new year. Hopefully 2014 will bring resolution to your son's car problems.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Happy anniversary and happy new year. Hopefully 2014 will bring resolution to your son's car problems.
      Thank you Cym xx
      Happy New Year to you as well xx

Comment

Think the car is going to go back to the dealer, they can have it back! Its not fit for purpose, it is known that its not just my son's car but others who have had cars with this dealer are always having issues, well the great percentage of them!

The finance company are opening the original log they made when we complained a few months ago and should be calling back tomorrow but this is also being put into writing again.

Does anyone know how it works when you pay by finance if your not happy with the car and if you want to return it? I know my son does not want another car with the same dealer and would now rather go to a direct one, for eg, Ford etc.
        I does regret not doing this in the first place.

Thanks.

Comment

Good grief! Sorry to hear this Di! All the repairs at the manufacturers dealership should carry a 12 month warranty - its one of the reasons (or perhaps excuses!) they charge so much for cash jobs. If i recall, this job was done under some kind of warranty/recall so (aside from all the hassle) I am wanting to think you will be OK with this.

Keep us posted!

Best
          SA Gold
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
            Good grief! Sorry to hear this Di! All the repairs at the manufacturers dealership should carry a 12 month warranty - its one of the reasons (or perhaps excuses!) they charge so much for cash jobs. If i recall, this job was done under some kind of warranty/recall so (aside from all the hassle) I am wanting to think you will be OK with this.

Keep us posted!

Best
            SA Gold
            Thank you SA

When I spoken to Peugeot direct for some advice (even though the car was not sold by them), I just wanted some advice, I was told that it does sound like a possible mass flywheel issue which is why the clutch is only running for so long and the same issue is arising.

Like my hubby's car, even though there was nothing wrong with the clutch, when they put on a new flywheel (mass) they had to do the clutch the same time, we have a Ford Focus 2ltr Diesel turbo.

Jamie my son is awaiting a call back from the Finance company who left the case open, as they were informed the last time it happened that the problem was being sorted, but they were willing to keep it all open just in case.

If my son was a clutch driver then there would be no excuse but he isnt, and apparently a friend who lives behind me, purchased the same car at the same place and having problem after problem, she is however on it now with her finance company, the same finance company as my son used, so we are keeping in touch with each other.

The garage the car is in now, told my son to get finance to give them a ring and they will be backing Jamie on this, with these constant recurring problems.
            Its just the same old thing all the time and with that we still not received the receipt from the last job they done, but at least there are records kept by the finance company that they were informed by the dealer (rogue) who sold the car stating they were dealing with it.

I shall keep you posted, thank you again.

Comment

Dual mass flywheels are one of the most unreliable components fitted on many modern cars, the failure rate on vehicles fitted with them is really high, whoever invented them wants one shoving where the sun don't shine... I hope your Son gets the car sorted out to your satisfaction Di

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                Dual mass flywheels are one of the most unreliable components fitted on many modern cars, the failure rate on vehicles fitted with them is really high, whoever invented them wants one shoving where the sun don't shine... I hope your Son gets the car sorted out to your satisfaction Di
                Thank you alland yep agreed totally. I assumed it was the case of keeping the diesel engine noise down, if this is the case it is a very stupid idea of the invention of these! We know to expect a noisier engine with a diesel!!

LOL thanks....

Comment

I understand over the years Peugeot' s or so many of the makes have had recalls for various things, I am wondering what they were all for?

Does anyone know of any good easy websites for me to check on and how to check if my son's car have been dealt with (if any recalls in the past did apply to his, before he purchased it in June 2013)?

However, here are the details of my sons car:
                  Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi 110BHP GT

Thanks x

Comment

I'm certain I've read somewhere that your contract is with the finance company, as they effectively own the car (until you make the final payment). It's up to them to organise the repairs etc , indeed you may find it is a condition of your finance contract that you report all defects etc etc ? Not sure if this helps, but it does mean you shouldn't be between the garage and the finance company..you could stop payments if they don't get it fixed/replaced...(breach of contract)...

Happy New Year by the way... all the best..

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      I understand over the years Peugeot' s or so many of the makes have had recalls for various things, I am wondering what they were all for?
                      All manufacturers have recalls Di, some more than others. Its either when they realise they have made a mistake, or when they are made aware there are problems and write to the owners asking them to bring them in to be sorted F.O.C

Does anyone know of any good easy websites for me to check on and how to check if my son's car have been dealt with (if any recalls in the past did apply to his, before he purchased it in June 2013)?
                      This is only something the dealer will have a history on. Some manufactuers have forums where there are really helpful guides, tips and problematic things but some of these faults/recalls are chassis number specific. i.e it might effect 500 models of the car your son has in the same year it was made.

My advice would be try to find someone helpful in the Peugeot dealer who should be able to give you an idea of what (if anything) the car should have had checked/replaced as part of the "we know we ballsed/have a problem with this".

Cars. Who would have 'um!
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thank you all so much.
                        It appears to be a snapped cable link (gear related), so yet another issue.

My poor son, the car been in the garage more so than he's driven it since he's had it and its costing him so much out of pocket expenses.

However, the manager of the finance company been in touch and will be liasing with both the garage who sold the car and the main garage who been fixing it, this will be on Monday, and then my son should get a call.

Oh my friend who had her car from the same company, with various probs (lol the same car too even in colour) lol, as well as fixing free of charge they decided to give her another extended free warranty (that's the same garage dealer who sold the car).

Useful advice from you all, much appreciated thanks again.

Comment

I tried registering on the Peugeot forums site, and wondered why it kept failing, it appears that the site is temporary unavailable....

Comment

So its been the clutch issues from week one he had the car, I can recall on it being something else, the dipstick my son changed because it was snapped, one of the back lights, then the fans would not switch off.......
                            A right list!!!

Oh when my son went to purchase the car, my hubby checked the tyres, one of those was illegal as it was defected, so we did manage to get him to get a new tyre on it before my son taken it from them in June.

I really dont think it underwent a point checking system either, because no paperwork on this was ever issued.

Comment

You can check recall info for all makes here http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/

You need to realise there is a difference between recalls and product improvement campaigns.

Recalls are safety related items that must be rectified for motorist protection - this is done in conjunction with DVLA/VOSA and owners are written to, pretty much telling them to get the rectification carried out.
                              Recalls are very important and the process is very official, manufacturers have to have sufficient parts and network provision to apply the repairs, I also understand that they have to achieve a fix % within various time constraints.

Product improvement comes in 2 flavours - reported and un-reported.

Un-reported is usually when a component fails and causes more expensive repairs, so the manufacturer writes to owners 'encouraging' them to get the car in for the minor fix before it get expensive for them (the manufacturer).
                              Or alternatively dealerships apply the fix whilst the car is taken into the dealer for an unrelated item - that way any bad press is avoided. Sometime customers are informed they got better parts fitted F.O.C. thus making them happier anyway.

Reported is where it is a known issue but the manufacturer can save costs if they wait for the component to fail and the owner then reports it (they hope the warranty expires before the part goes wrong so the motorist gets the cost of the repair )

In a nutshell:
                              If it is safety related it will be done officially, the registered keeper of the vehicle will be informed by DVLA, Manufacturer and maybe the dealership.
                              If it is not safety related the manufacturer will make a commercial decision wether to tell you about it.
                              Last edited by Bricktop; 4 January 2014, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X