GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Its broken down again!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its broken down again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Its broken down again!!

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    You can check recall info for all makes here http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/

You need to realise there is a difference between recalls and product improvement campaigns.

Recalls are safety related items that must be rectified for motorist protection - this is done in conjunction with DVLA and owners are written to, pretty much telling them to get the rectification carried out.
    Recalls are very important and the process is very official, manufacturers have to have sufficient parts and network provision to apply the repairs, I also understand that they have to achieve a fix % within various time constraints.

Product improvement comes in 2 flavours - reported and un-reported.

Un-reported is usually when a component fails and causes more expensive repairs, so the manufacturer writes to owners 'encouraging' them to get the car in for the minor fix before it get expensive for them (the manufacturer).

Reported is where it is a known issue but the manufacturer can save costs if they wait for the component to fail (they hope the warranty expires before the part goes wrong so the motorist gets the cost of the repair )
    Thank you Bricktop.

We just thought it may be worth just checking just in case the person who had the car before my son purchased it in June some months back now. Then I would assume if there was any recalls and fixed, maybe the paperwork would have been issued to my son to confirm, but yet it may not be a thing that one would do anyway.

Also thanks for the link.
    My son's warrantly now run out, will check anyway and see whats what, meanings he's not got the car at the moment, it will be stuck with the garage until we know what's going to happen, he is again paying extra costs on using another vehicle in order to get to work etc, as his job also entails on-calls.

Useful info there, cheers.

Comment

Just phone any main dealer or the manufacturer and ask if any recalls are outstanding on the car, they will be upfront and let you know if anything recall wise is needed and it will be done free of charge

Comment

Just phone any main dealer or the manufacturer and ask if any recalls are outstanding on the car, they will be upfront and let you know if anything recall wise is needed and it will be done free of charge
        Will do thank you so much :-)

Comment

Oh I can't believe I didnt mention this to you earlier, but its found that the car was in an accident before my son purchased it, he was never told, and we just spoken to the garage where we have it in to now and they gonna take some picks, hard to explain but i will try to get the photo's sent to me from my son, this is going to be raised as well.
          Its something that you could not see, but the breakdown truck guy from Greenflag had to get it on a truck, because the tow bar angle on the car was not straight but at a 45 degree angle where it should be straight, so the bumber cover was taken off (this is rear end) you can see the damage)! So obviously the car must have had a new bumper and spray job too in the past!

Comment

Excuse my spelling, I meant pics not picks!!

We also rang Peugoet direct and the team dealing with matters like recalls are not there until Monday, so we have to ring back Monday and they will go through "any" previous recalls of this particular car etc....

Comment

Believe it or not his car actually passed the MOT the day before it broken down, (okay I know the part was not part of the MOT) but still annoying and then he taxed the car, but only for 6 months.
              So frustrating paying out when your not able to use the damn thing lol

Comment

A good few used cars have had a bang at some point, I wouldn't worry too much over that unless it has caused structural damage

Comment

A good few used cars have had a bang at some point, I wouldn't worry too much over that unless it has caused structural damage
                  Thanks BT

There is strucual damage. Before when my son broken down he's been towed, so the tow on the front is fine, but breakdown was trying to get the car on the truck from the back end, the damage from the accident have knocked the part for tow out of place, so he stuggled, then about got the car on it came away (something along those lines (thank goodness for straps), and as checking by taking off its cover you can see clearly it's not just been a general bump, and we were told it must have been quite a good one for that to have happened.
                  However, the garage we have the car in have taken photos to show a number of damage, its obviously been welded back together as well, without the cover you would not have known, then obviously its had a new back bumper and spray job, the damage looks very out of place.

I actually seen the pics today, hoping to get them sent to me, if so i shall get them up on here.
                  Cheers though.

Comment

Some pics of garage photos of my son's car...(just some of them) you can see its been botch welded together as well, the tow line isnt straight (not good for towing others) no fit for purpose or as described in the advert as mechanically sound (glad i kept then advert).
                    Attached Files

Comment

And another 2 pics.......
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another one i missed......
                        Attached Files

Comment

Son waiting to hear from Finance today, maybe they have done by now, but i will not know anything until he's home from work.

Comment

Not sure what you could make out of the pics posted in a few posts above lol, but anyway, the finance company never contacted my son like they said they were going to, so another day without his car.

Comment

Don't think the crossmember shown in the photos is a chassis structual stress point so probably ok from a safely point, but the welding is atrocious...if any of my lads welded like that....well they would be looking for a new career !

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                                Don't think the crossmember shown in the photos is a chassis structual stress point so probably ok from a safely point, but the welding is atrocious...if any of my lads welded like that....well they would be looking for a new career !
                                It is bad isnt it alland? We had a shock of our lives, the tow bar entrance is not level to get the tow bar in. This is the first time it was noticed because on previous tow's its been from the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X