GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Its broken down again!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its broken down again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Its broken down again!!

My son had to chase up Finance again today!! another day without a car!

My son's finance company.....
    http://www.closemotorfinance.co.uk/t...rly/index.html

http://www.closemotorfinance.co.uk/u...ure.pdf_LE.pdf
    Bear in mind this was first complained over a month ago but as it down as being dealt with, they closed it but kept the case open in case of any further mishaps.

http://www.closemotorfinance.co.uk/home/index.html

Comment

Some good news Finance have agreed that my son should not be paying for it (this was after they done the investigations) and the bill will be sent to the local dealer (of who sold the car).
      Happy Days........for now lol.

Comment

Some good news Di, hope your Son is back on the road soon

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
          Some good news Di, hope your Son is back on the road soon
          Thank you and for your help and support and everyone else here too.
          Lets hope we hear no more of any breakdowns lol cheers all.

Comment

Guess what? he had car back today, he just rang me to say its broken down again, its getting ridculous now!! am tamping!

Comment

..........I've had a tits full!!

Comment

It's terrible, there must be something that can be done, plus compensation!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is why my used cars cost a few hundred quid! I would hate to spend 2/3 thousand and find all sorts wrong with it a bit later.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks folks.

I so feel for Jamie (my son) what a worry and yep it makes you think by going into the expense of buying dear cars xx

Comment

Oscar with his previous car he part ex'd this car was approx £8grand :-o shocking considering all the problems x

Comment

Breakdown dropping off at the garage (again) gear related, and my hunch feeling is that the mechanic didnt put something back right after replacing gear link.

I really dont think we will ever hear the end of this breakdown matter, something is not right with the car and we are now at the understanding that the local used car garage picked up the car from Auction, got it welded up to chuck out the way on the forecourt, apparently its not the first time either, with just finding out more and more about him.

He used to run another garage, it was closed down and he working as an underhand at the garage where my son got the car from for the last year or so.

Comment

I have emailed the finance group and politely give them it all, and the copy of the email with all the breakdown times etc and all the times its been in the garage more so than my son being able to drive it, I told them "its unfit for purpose" and also putting my son's life at risk. We can't trust it!
                          Also raised his Rights under (SOGA).

Comment

What has happened with your son's car?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Oh I can't believe I didnt mention this to you earlier, but its found that the car was in an accident before my son purchased it, he was never told, and we just spoken to the garage where we have it in to now and they gonna take some pics, hard to explain but i will try to get the photos sent to me from my son, this is going to be raised as well.
                              Its something that you could not see, but the breakdown truck guy from Greenflag had to get it on a truck, because the tow bar angle on the car was not straight but at a 45 degree angle where it should be straight, so the bumper cover was taken off (this is rear end) you can see the damage)! So obviously the car must have had a new bumper and spray job too in the past!
                              How many motor cars was it before it or they had been pranged?
                              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 27 March 2014, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                                Don't think the crossmember shown in the photos is a chassis structual stress point so probably ok from a safely point, but the welding is atrocious...if any of my lads welded like that....well they would be looking for a new career !
                                Quite - even I can weld better than that.

I believe the usual description of such alleged welding - which may be partly held on by the flux - likens it to a dribble of chicken shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X