GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Checkmybenefits.co.uk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Is this the latest scam, cant say I am happy with this and if not illegal is morally wrong.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk !

Re: Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Results returned from whois.nic.uk:

Domain name: checkmybenefits.co.uk
    Registrant: Daniel Marshall
    Registrant type: Unknown
    Registrant's address:
    46 Boxfield Green
    Stevenage
    SR3 3XW
    United Kingdom

Registered through:
    Network Solutions,
    LLC
    URL: Domain Names, Web Hosting and Online Marketing Services | Network Solutions
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They seem to be a company on a par with CMC's and I certainly would not trust them with such personal information that one would give with such a claim.

Comment

What is wrong with the site? just appears to be a site where you can check the benifits your entitled to?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They do not just check your benefits they say they do your claim for you have you seen the fees and hourly charges in the T&C's ?

They operate on a par with CMC's who are licensed by the MoJ so why are they not, after all they could be dealing with some of the most vulnerable and mental health claimants.

Comment

- No company address/reg number on the website.
            - No Data protection/Privacy policy on the site
            - No DPA registration listed.

Not sure what other legal requirement there would be for something like this?

Dodgy as hell that they won't even put their address, and that it's only available "on request" via the contact form?

Comment

Hmm fancy housing estate for the who is listing as well....

not a bargepole large enough to touch

Comment

They seem to have taken the site down now? apparently his domain ran out and it was being renewed so a twitter friend said
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 7 May 2012, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  They seem to have taken the site down now? apparently his domain ran out and it was being renewed so a twitter friend said
                  no mate the domain is new

Registered on: 12-Apr-2012
                  Expiry date: 12-Apr-2014
                  Last updated: 12-Apr-2012
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

d'oh i didnt check the T's and C's lol

Comment

The site is invalid -security error. The URL is redirecting to facebook and bouncing back.
                      You can only view in Google cache in text mode:

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

His entry has been removed from Linked In and Twitter too, so something's amiss..
                      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 8 May 2012, 07:09.

Comment

What on earth is all that under 'Case Study 1'?

No doubt Cloggy will be able to tell us
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          What on earth is all that under 'Case Study 1'?

No doubt Cloggy will be able to tell us

Standard web page template.....usually filled with various latin foir you to wipe & add your own text

Comment

LOL no doubt!

There's another site mentioned in the T&C's, which is still online:

Benefit Help | MybenefitsChecker

Domain name:
                            mybenefitschecker.co.uk

Registrant:
                            phmadmin

Trading as:
                            Powerhouse Media Ltd

Registrant type:
                            UK Limited Company, (Company number: 6445416)

Registrant's address:
                            Crown Bulidings
                            Luton Street
                            Keighley
                            West Yorkshire
                            BD21 2LE
                            United Kingdom

Registrar:
                            Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
                            URL: Domain name registration | Domain names | Web Hosting | 123-reg

Relevant dates:
                            Registered on: 28-Feb-2011
                            Expiry date: 28-Feb-2013
                            Last updated: 10-Oct-2011

Registration status:
                            Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
                            ns0.nhgdns.com
                            ns1.nhgdns.com
                            ns2.nhgdns.com

WHOIS lookup made at 08:18:50 08-May-2012
                            Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 8 May 2012, 07:29. Reason: add nominet details

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                              Standard web page template.....usually filled with various latin foir you to wipe & add your own text
                              Thanks Phil. I don't have a clue when it comes to web pages.

It's not even proper Latin
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X