GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Checkmybenefits.co.uk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkmybenefits.co.uk

I totally agree...BUT when the place was up colour & layout started to look waaaay to much like here

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
      BUT when the place was up colour & layout started to look waaaay to much like here
      Say what?

I'll cache search the css file and check this.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Well the link from my blog takes me to this:
        So I have no objection to it being moved to private.
        thats what i got
        I totally agree...BUT when the place was up colour & layout started to look waaaay to much like here
        i didn't notice anything, was away from screen for anything to change (no comment)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Say what?

I'll cache search the css file and check this.....
          Here it is.... (you can't hide from Niddy)

Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1386808
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
            This site is still up and running.

(FACT).
            Is this linked?
            The impression I got was that the two sites were not related to each other? Rather they have just got mentioned on the same threads IYSWIM?

Could be wrong there as I haven't dug very deeply on the 2nd.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
              The impression I got was that the two sites were not related to each other? Rather they have just got mentioned on the same threads IYSWIM?
              I see exactly what you mean - thus I asked if they were linked. However Lets see if Daniel comes and says his piece

Comment

The other site is mentioned in the T&C's of checkmybenefits

Comment

Very fair Niddy, if someone came to me complaining about my plumber because I did his website I wouldn't be thrilled

Comment

There are other sites like this btw on the web.

Benefit Help | MybenefitsChecker

Seems LB is onto it as well

www.checkmybenefits.co.uk www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk - Cons?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      There are other sites like this btw on the web.

Benefit Help | MybenefitsChecker

Seems LB is onto it as well

www.checkmybenefits.co.uk www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk - Cons?
                      totally agree PF *2 names check 'mybenefit' & 'mybenefit' check'er*

Niddy says on his post> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Checkmybenefits.co.uk

"As we're not the only site mentioning this"

being that above names not to be assoicated as the same company
                      Last edited by 5corpio; 9 May 2012, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                        The other site is mentioned in the T&C's of checkmybenefits
                        Not that I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                          Not that I recall.
                          Not saying that it wasn't, mind you.

But I did look through those T&Cs and don't recall that.

Comment

T&Cs as far as I know.

It is important you read our Terms and Conditions. We will send you a copy of them if you request contact from us, however the onus is on you to read them and digest them. You are assumed to have read and understood them if you sign to agree to them. We will always adhere to our part of the contract and we expect the same from yourselves, in order to maintain a good working relationship between us and you. We aim to keep the Ts & Cs as short and simple as possible. If there is anything you don't understand please ask us before you sign anything.

a) We are checkmybenefits.co.uk of [address here].
                            b) The Applicant/s instructs checkmybenefits.co.uk, to act on his/her behalf in all matters arising out of his/her application for benefit. We, checkmybenefits.co.uk, agree to act for the Applicant/s on the following terms and conditions:-

2. Our Fees
                            a) The fee is based on a contingency fee basis, i.e. no win no fee, whereby the applicant will pay nothing if we are unsuccessful in their claim. However, if they are successful, they will pay:
                            b) 40 (FOURTY) per cent of the total arrears of benefit payable to the Applicant/s or a minimum charge of £75, whichever is the higher.
                            c) Entitlement to payment for checkmybenefits.co.uk under this agreement arises when an award becomes payable, whether that be by way of order, settlement or otherwise arising subsequent to the involvement of checkmybenefits.co.uk
                            d) If successful, checkmybenefits.co.uk will send you an invoice with the amount payable. You agree to pay this fee within 7 days. If you do not, then you agree to us adding a late payment charge, at our discretion, every 7 days, of no more than £30 each time, with a maximum of 4 late payment charges.

Where mybenefitschecker.co.uk has contracted for a joint claim, the liability for payment falls on both parties involved in the claim, i.e. all applicants are liable for the payment.

3. Disbursements
                            From time to time it may be necessary for certain disbursements to be paid to various organisations, for example to get a medical report.
                            a) The applicant/s authorise(s) checkmybenefits.co.uk to access these records and pay this disbursement(s) on their behalf. Checkmybenefits.co.uk will not charge the applicant/s for these disbursements should the claim be unsuccessful, as long as section 4 has been fulfilled.
                            b) Should the claim be successful, then checkmybenefits.co.uk reserves the right to charge for any disbursements that checkmybenefits.co.uk has paid for, and the applicant/s authorise checkmybenefits.co.uk to add any disbursements to the contingency fee invoice.
                            c) Checkmybenefits.co.uk will however always endeavour get the applicant/s agreement to disbursement charges before they are incurred.
                            d) Should the claim be unsuccessful, then checkmybenefits.co.uk will bear the cost of all disbursements, at no cost to the applicant/s.

4. The applicant/s - What checkmybenefits.co.uk expects from you
                            a) To provide us promptly with all relevant documentation and information that we request from you in order for us to process your application as efficiently as possible.
                            b) To be co-operative with us, in particular, sending us any details whichi may be relevant to your application.
                            c) To give us exclusive authority to act on your behalf in terms of processing your application, as well as corresponding and negotiating on your behalf in relation to all aspects of your application.
                            d) To read and make sure you understand and agree with all of our terms and conditions before signing them, thus making yourself legally bound by them.
                            e) To act confidentially on the systems we use to process your application as well as how we act on your behalf.
                            f) Not to contact or discuss your claim with the DWP, Tribunals Service or any other body connected to your application without contacting us first.
                            g) Inform us immediately of any medical examinations or decisions on your claim. There are certain deadlines for certain forms and it is important that these are not missed. If a deadline is missed through your own negligence in not informing us of a decision on your claim then we reserve the right to invoice you for the work that we have done at a rate of £75 per hour or our minimum fee of £75, whichever is higher. As you have given exclusive authority to us to act on your behalf, we reserve the right to ask all relevant bodies of the decision on your application if you do not inform us yourself.
                            h) Once you have signed the contract you will remain in it until we consider that the work on your application is completed, which will come about through a successful or unsuccesful decision notice. The contract will run until there is a final decision on your application, which may not be until after an appeals process.

5. General Ts & Cs
                            a) Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the contract may be viewed by checkmybenefits.co.uk as a breach of contract. In this instance, we reserve the right to invoice you for disbursements and fees subject to part 2d. Fees will incorporate the amount of work already done on your claim and will be at a flat rate of £75 per hour.
                            b) Where checkmybenefits.co.uk recommends a claim for benefit, completes a claim form for benefit, recommends an appeal, arranges a medical examination or the hearing of an appeal that you then fail or refuse to submit to the appropriate authority, or refuse or fail to attend without good reason or due notice, checkmybenefits.co.uk reserves the right to invoice you for the work already done on this application, at no more than £75 per hour.
                            c) If the Applicant denies that benefit has been awarded, confirmation of a decision by the DWP, verbal or otherwise, shall, for the purposes of this agreement, be treated as proof of an award of benefit. Under these circumstances checkmybenefits.co.uk shall be entitled to calculate the arrears of benefit to determine the fee payable under this agreement.
                            d) This contract has been entered into on a no-win no-fee basis (contingency fee agreement) and checkmybenefits.co.uk has no prior knowledge of how or where the claim is likely to end up. As a result of this, we reserve the right to cancel this contract at any time. You are entitled to a cooling off period where you cancel the agreement within 14 days of signing - please see section 6 below. This agreement shall last for the duration of the claim and any subsequent appeal, including an appeal to any Tribunal.
                            e) It is your own responsibility to ensure that payment reaches your account from the relevant body upon a successful claim, this is not the responsibility of checkmybenefits.co.uk.
                            f) Any service you receive from checkmybenefits.co.uk will be confidential and impartial. We will never enter in to any agreement with a third party without your consent being obtained.
                            g) We operate a complaints procedure and if you have any problems with the service you should contact our office. To comply with Data Protection Regulations we will only retain documents relating to your claim until your claim is completed and your invoice has been paid.

5. Cancellation
                            a) 1.You are also entitled to a 'cooling off' period, which ends 14 days after you sign this agreement. Cancellation must be by letter, fax, or email. Should the 'form-filling' process commence before the end of this 'cooling-off' period, this will be deemed you are happy with the agreement and terms and conditions, and have waived the right to this 'cooling-off' period.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk is a trading name of DMLF Services and it's address is available upon request via the contact form or the Contact Us page.
                            Last edited by Riz; 9 May 2012, 19:11.

Comment

Interesting.

Does mention the other site, but almost in a way that suggests the wrong one was used when typing those up?

Comment

In fact, it looks as if the bod behind checkmybenefits.co.uk may have cheekily "lifted" the T&Cs off the mybenefitschecker.co.uk site to set up their own copycat service?

At least that is one way of regarding it.

either

(a) The 2 sites are connected somehow. No other personal/company names connect them as far as I can see though?

or

(b) Or one has basically copied the other's concept right down to pinching the text of the T&Cs, but missing out changing the site name in one place?
                                Last edited by Riz; 9 May 2012, 19:26. Reason: I'm getting the bloomin names mixed up now. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X