GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Checkmybenefits.co.uk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi, Niddy invited me to the forum to say a couple of things and I am extremely grateful to him for doing so. My response about what happened has been put up here allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Checkmybenefits.co.uk and again I am extremely grateful to Niddy for this. Please take the time to read that. Furthering that I can explain why the mybenefitschecker site has found some link here. Basically as my other post explains, I designed the website. The ts and c's were given to me and I know that they were based on the mybenefitschecker ones. When they were given to me they had been heavily edited although evidently the individual that I know clearly forgot to change that bit. I disassociate myself from both websites although I can categorically tell you that there's no link between the two. I totally understand everyone's disgust, offence, and frustration. But I know domain names are public registered so if I was trying to scam people I wouldn't have registered it in my name. Also please note that when I saw the emails coming through I took the site down straight away. I am a young guy and this was a huge mistake. I just hope you can see that it was an innocent one, and as soon as I realised what was occurring i took it straight offline. Thanks for reading and thanks again to Niddy.

Being someone who developes websites for people as my 2nd job, i tottaly see where you are coming from and i believe what you say.

I have in the past, registered websites for clients in my name, when i first started out, shortly after a while of doing quite regular work it became clear to me that in future all domain names get registered using the clients name as to avoid any personal connection or liability towards that site.

i always maintain im responsible for the art work only.

I have had plenty of clients who rip t's and c's from others and modify it, i personally dont agree with this but it happens.

I believe you had no ill intentions because its quite easy to pay to have your whois details ommited from any search results.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ella's cute, good picture!

And SX Guy thanks for the comment - if I do any web design again I will certainly not be making this error again
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 May 2012, 23:25.

Comment

Ella's cute, good picture!

And SX Guy thanks for the comment - if I do any web design again I will certainly not be making this error again
        We all learn from our mistakes, that is was has made the developed world what it is today.

Comment

Daniel, I appreciate that you've stated your case calmly and with dignity and not slunk off into a corner as many would have done.

Another doglover is always welcome on here. Meet Rosie

Click image for larger version

Name:	rosie 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1386812

EDIT: I don't have a clue about websites/web design
          Last edited by Pixie; 10 May 2012, 00:01.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for the comment Pixie it's appreciated.

That's a fantastic picture Rosie looks great!

You can meet Dawson:

Click image for larger version

Name:	399904_10150429318641290_546066289_8858274_1223860390_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1386814

Hopefully that works.

He is looking particularly happy there as he managed to sneak that brussel sprout away at Christmas, although he soon turned not so happy when he tried to eat it (clearly my folks cooking wasn't that good)

Comment

Hi Pompeyfaith

I will stick about and hope I can contribute positively to these forums because not only do I think it's the least I can do, but I also genuinely agree with you in regards to this and hope I can in some way contribute in a positive and helpful way!
              I for one hope you can...and dawson is soooooooo cute!!
              Last edited by philnicandamy; 10 May 2012, 06:28.

Comment

Hi Dawson
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Dawson, Ella and Rosie are gorgeous!! Anyone who loves dogs is OK by me!

Daniel - you've shown a lot of courage coming on here, great respect to you for that.

Obviously you've been an unwitting victim in this.

You probably know this already, but other forums have already picked up on it so might be an idea (if you still have access) to either cancel the domain name or go into domain management on the host site and change the domain registrant name and address to the guy who's idea it was, for your own protection. (You can do this even if it's you who registered it for him). However make sure the contact email for the domain is one you have access to so you can still administer it to cancel etc.

kind regards,
                  Shep xx
                  Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 10 May 2012, 07:37.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Not totally with it this morning, so apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick. I absolutely admire your honesty and integrity for coming on here, and assume it was yu who also sent the e mail to the site Legal Beagles explaining the site was not going back up.

Am I right in thinking you were just the site developer? If so, while you should have no blame apportioned to you after your actions, there are still others out there who would have taken advantage of vulnerable people and carried out this despicable business. There's also another site still live, I believe, out there doing the same thing for 50% of monies reclaimed.

I just wanted to make the point that while what you have done is very noble, and I look forward to reading your posts over coming months, there are still those out there who are far from innocent in this and should be brought to book if possible.

Comment

awwww pixie Rosie's a cutie!!

Comment

Deniel for putting things straight......
                        Shep didn't realise you liked dog's.....

Comment

I keep it very quiet..

Comment

there are still those out there who are far from innocent in this and should be brought to book if possible.
                            Yep mybenefitschecker.co.uk, although unconnected, is still live

Comment

Shep...Likes dogs?? since when??

Comment

Morning guys thanks for the comments. As I said, I will be sticking around to try and contribute.

I sent the email to legal beagles yesterday earlier on in the day and although I sent the email I didn't actually write it. I contacted the individual stating how upset I was about my details being shown on the site when yes I was just the web developer. i was guilty of being naive about his business plan.

I then saw the thread on here as well and was upset again about it so I just sent a quick message via the contact form asking if it could be taken off because I just wanted my details away from it all. When Niddy responded with his justified disgust I felt it was time to then get my side across because initially I just wanted my details away, but then after that I just had to get my side across because I couldn't hack people thinking this of me and it was making me particularly upset. Niddy then gave me the platform to say what had happened which I did. I have had more correspondence with the legal beagles admin this morning on a personal level where I have told them that I was just the web designer and I have also told them they can have a look at this thread because this is where my side is explained

Comment

Working...
                                X