GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Checkmybenefits.co.uk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Option B. the Latin holding text confirmed that.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sounds about right Rizzle as the one in my first post has also cut there fees and charges obviously because they are in competition with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Option B. the Latin holding text confirmed that.

And the fact it's a WIX site...you can have a page up within a few minutes with zero web design knowledge..its all cut & paste
        Last edited by philnicandamy; 9 May 2012, 19:44.

Comment

Hi, Niddy invited me to the forum to say a couple of things and I am extremely grateful to him for doing so. My response about what happened has been put up here allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Checkmybenefits.co.uk and again I am extremely grateful to Niddy for this. Please take the time to read that. Furthering that I can explain why the mybenefitschecker site has found some link here. Basically as my other post explains, I designed the website. The ts and c's were given to me and I know that they were based on the mybenefitschecker ones. When they were given to me they had been heavily edited although evidently the individual that I know clearly forgot to change that bit. I disassociate myself from both websites although I can categorically tell you that there's no link between the two. I totally understand everyone's disgust, offence, and frustration. But I know domain names are public registered so if I was trying to scam people I wouldn't have registered it in my name. Also please note that when I saw the emails coming through I took the site down straight away. I am a young guy and this was a huge mistake. I just hope you can see that it was an innocent one, and as soon as I realised what was occurring i took it straight offline. Thanks for reading and thanks again to Niddy.

Comment

Daniel, thanks for your post.

I'll sit back and watch the thread but really, I think you've satisfied my anger and also done the right thing so fair play to you for that.

See what others think but for me, well done for coming here and saying your piece - hopefully others will pick up on it too thus clearing your name (if deemed appropriate of course).

Hang around, see what others think!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Niddy I might have posted in the wrong one :/
              Btw - the guy asked me to do the design on his site. I never said I was amazing at design, never said I was amazing at HTML or anything. He was happy for me to do it on wix so I did it on there. I don't understand the problem with that unless I'm being naive again! There is no link between those sites but as I say I've posted all this.. Somewhere. Sorry, I'll find where I put it

Comment

Oh no hang on I see it now it's above! I am, needless to say, having a bad day

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  Btw - the guy asked me to do the design on his site. I never said I was amazing at design, never said I was amazing at HTML or anything. He was happy for me to do it on wix so I did it on there. I don't understand the problem with that unless I'm being naive again! There is no link between those sites but as I say I've posted all this.. Somewhere. Sorry, I'll find where I put it
                  Don't worry or stress about this, it's just a lot of us are webbies in here so are quite fussy/picky when it comes to web sites

Nothing personal

Comment

Thank you - appreciate it

Comment

Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and explain, that in it's self means a lot to me and it does take some strength from you to do so, as a few of us here have been in a situation like this before and believe me when I say they do not take the opportunity.

I was the moderator that made the thread after getting a tip off from Twitter, however please try and understand my reasons for doing so as they were honorable.

I am a stroke survivor of some 22years and in that time I have taken much shite from the Credit Sector who fail to understand the link between disability and debt which believe it or not is huge.

My only goal in life is to see that the disabled, elderly and vulnerable get the right help and advice and do not go through what I have.

I was naturally appalled at this and the other site targeting the very ones who could least afford such an ill thought out service, any back payment a claimant gets is not lose money because bills do not stand still and thus all back payments would be needed to clear those bills not paying for such a service.

I realize that you now understand this and for that I do thank you and I have no ill feelings, I am just glad that we can all come together and sort this out as it was you that messaged niddy and that was the right move.

I am sure you will agree that benefit claimants whether they be unemployed, elderly or disabled need our help and not pushed further into the abyss after all no doubt we will all cross that bridge at some point in our lives.

Now that you are here I hope that you can stick around and join us in our quest

Regards
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 May 2012, 22:22.

Comment

Hi Pompeyfaith

Thanks for your response I appreciate your comments. As I say, when I realised the severity of it, I was unhappy hence why I took it down. I will stick about and hope I can contribute positively to these forums because not only do I think it's the least I can do, but I also genuinely agree with you in regards to this and hope I can in some way contribute in a positive and helpful way!

Comment

Daniel,

That is great alls well and ends well, this site has a lot to offer to many so yes please stick around and learn and if you can help out to those that need it as I am sure you have something to offer.

Regards

Comment

Daniel - well done.

Very mature attitude and very impressed at the way you've retained your dignity by being up front and not acting like a child.

Anyone that searches for that site will now see this and be able to see you're not at fault at all. Feel free to email others that slag you off a link here. I think many will agree niddy isn't easily fooled )

If you want me to change your username then just pm me and I'll do it. You're free to edit profile etc. welcome to our humble abode. We hate banks -

We have ace smileys - :niddy

And we love taking the piss so feel free to blend in and have a laugh along with the serious side of things.

Comment

Thanks Niddy I appreciate it, without your help I couldn't have had the opportunity to be honest so I am very grateful. My pm is fine thank you anyway, I'll "jazz" up my profile at some point, and I have a favourite smiley already -

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                Thanks Niddy I appreciate it, without your help I couldn't have had the opportunity to be honest so I am very grateful. My pm is fine thank you anyway, I'll "jazz" up my profile at some point, and I have a favourite smiley already -
                                Oh a dog walker you will fit in fine here, meet Ella
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X