GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Checkmybenefits.co.uk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkmybenefits.co.uk

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Thanks Phil. I don't have a clue when it comes to web pages.

It's not even proper Latin
    Hmm thats the thing now...anybody can set up a basic page for a few quid with very little web design knowledge

Comment

Email received from the 'owner' of the domain

I seem to be on a thread on your website.

I was beginning a website which was put up well too soon called checkmybenefits.co.uk .. it shouldn't have been put online because it was not ready. We haven't taken on any business yet because we aren't ready. A member of our team "plugged" it on a few websites and shouldn't have done. As soon as we noticed people starting to go on the website we took it down.

Looking at this forum, my details have been published on a thread and I am not happy about it. Please delete all traces of this stream because this is personal information which should not be published. Please delete this thread now. The site has been taken down.
      My response...

Daniel,

Thanks for your email. As you're no doubt aware we are a consumer forum that deals with people in debt, benefits and general consumer issues.

One of my moderators posted a thread earlier regards this website, that you claim is now removed, pointing out some of the flaws within your proposed website and moreso the fact you're trying to make profit from benefit claimants. Unfortunately for you, the moderator in question is very (and I do mean very) anti claimant abuse and fights various organisations that make mistakes, ensuring they put such mistakes right.

As for you, your email and your website I can only remind you that of course, all domain registration information is publicly available via a simple whois search which is all the users of our forum did. Our company information is also freely available this way. I am therefore not going to remove the thread nor am I going to pay too much attention to your email because personally, I think you need to go on an ethics course and realise people on benefits are on benefits for a reason. If they had the means to give up any percent, let alone 40%, of any monies do you think they'd be coming to places such as yours?

I will make it my personal mission (no expense spared) to ensure you do not make it off the ground, let alone get the chance to scam the very same people that will end up in tears on our extremely protective consumer forum. What you are doing is morally, ethically and typically wrong - there are no two doubts about that.

Therefore, I am not going to request or personally remove the thread nor will I lose sleep that you are not happy, I am sure you'll make a lot of people unhappy in your years to come so trust me when I say, see how it feels firsthand - you're more than welcome (for free as well)!

I will not remove the thread now, or never. If you attempt legal action not only will it be vehemently defended but we will also counter-sue for the vexatious and unnecessary waste of legal resources. If you do not want your personal details publicly available then do not register a website domain in your own name.

Niddy
      Forum & Site Administrator
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        They seem to have taken the site down now? apparently his domain ran out and it was being renewed so a twitter friend said
        this was a posting on twitter today

**Watch Out Benefit xxxxx About** checkmybenefits.co.uk #mhuk #wrb #disability #
        Last edited by 5corpio; 9 May 2012, 17:58.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes that was A twitter friend of mine she kindly linked to my blog post here:

Checkmybenefits Diary of an SAH Stroke Survivor
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 May 2012, 18:01.

Comment

Excellent response Niddy. Everything we've put on here is in the public domain.

I'm still curious about this extract from the T&C's:

Where mybenefitschecker.co.uk has contracted for a joint claim, the liability for payment falls on both parties involved in the claim, i.e. all applicants are liable for the payment.
            This site is still up and running.

(FACT).

Comment

I am in the process of writing to the MoJ and the info commissioner as this needs to be nailed before it gets out of hand like the PPI Claims infestation.

Comment

Trading Standards too?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Yes that was A twitter friend of mine she kindly linked to my blog post here:

Checkmybenefits Diary of an SAH Stroke Survivor
                  and that was just a search as well.......also notice that Linkedin is removed
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right guys, I have had a reply and I have to respect what he has said - have a read yourself then reconsider.

I'm all for fuck-ups being punished but this looks like a bizarre chain of events which do not include the actual web-hosting individual (on face value). Basically, it's like us (we do web hosting as some of you know) selling a domain to Shep (who also does web design etc) who then starts a DCA site - what can we do?

Obviously, due to our nature we reserve the right (in our terms) to immediately delete all files from our server if we find any of our customers are affiliated in any way to a dca scum.

Ergo, would it be fair for us to be slandered on forums for our 'involvement' when really all we did was provide hosting?

Think along those lines, and for that reason I am happy to move this thread into a private section to preserve the guys name. Please feedback, let me know what you think.

Originally posted by Daniel
                    Thanks for the response. I actually echo what you say- I got involved mainly for my web design knowledge more than anything with another individual. I am a young guy and it was a huge mistake going anywhere near it and one that I deeply regret. When I saw negative responses coming through I took the website offline straight away. It may bring you some comfort to know that no business has actually been conducted and I can assure you that this business will not get off the ground now or ever because I do agree with you. I disassociate myself from this completely. The reason I am upset about my name being there is because I feel I'm taking the brunt for another individual, although I appreciate my involvement.

Again, no business has been conducted and none ever will be. I hope you can see my mistake in getting involved was genuine and that I'm a young guy who has made a mistake but has got straight out upon realising it. I am sorry for any offence the site has understandably caused.

Thanks
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                      This site is still up and running.

(FACT).
                      Is this linked?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Is this linked?
                        Here

http://www.checkmybenefits.co.uk/

but now all I seem to get is the free web design page WIX

very odd...from someone with what did he say "web knowledge" so looks like he's done something AGAIN

although when it was briefly online again yest the colour scheme of the page is now identical to here
                        Last edited by philnicandamy; 9 May 2012, 18:18.

Comment

file into private section

Comment

Ok, I will ask the originator to come and join and put his point across.

As we're not the only site mentioning this, I think it's only fair we allow Daniel a chance to come and say what he really thinks - yea?

I'll register him now and email him the details and see whether he wants to come and put his side across. Username = Daniel.

Please, remember we're a decent place - not a witch-hunt forum. Manners, respect and mindfulness at all times.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                              Here

http://www.checkmybenefits.co.uk/

but now all I seem to get is the free web design page WIX

very odd...
                              As Phil says:
                              Its not Live anymore (been down last 30 mins)

Comment

Well the link from my blog takes me to this:

So I have no objection to it being moved to private.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X