GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax credits renewal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax credits renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits renewal

Send form back with details of income 2011 to 2012 a few weeks back, I know they received it, as I have track and trace confirmation details, so does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from them.
    I would say it's going on 3 weeks since they received it.

Thank you.

Re: Tax credits renewal

It might be worth giving them a ring Di.... Although you may be waiting in the blasted queue for ages....... at least you'd get a response eventually.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Isnt the deadline 31 July?? Do they look at claims before then (if recieved)?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Isnt the deadline 31 July?? Do they look at claims before then (if recieved)?
        Yes as the tax year is April to April, mine is done and dusted for the next year.

Di as P1 says I would get on the Dog and Bone but due to the deadline fast approaching have a cuppa at your side and be prepared for a wait.
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 July 2012, 15:56.

Comment

we are still waiting too , but we received an extra payment which is handy for our weekend away , but they do usually take around 3 weeks to come back.

ps, we did our renewal over the phone, easy and quick .
          Last edited by Spent2much; 27 July 2012, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            we are still waiting too , but we received an extra payment which is handy for our weekend away , but they do usually take around 3 weeks to come back.

ps, we did our renewal over the phone, easy and quick .
            That extra payment came about due to them adjusting and finalising the award for tax year April 2011 to April 2012 and the earnings for that tax year will be used for 2012 to 2013 and again will not be finalised until earnings for this year are known in April 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              That extra payment came about due to them adjusting and finalising the award for tax year April 2011 to April 2012 and the earnings for that tax year will be used for 2012 to 2013 and again will not be finalised until earnings for this year are known in April 2013.
              we have been claiming for a few years and this always happens, the money is always in the bank on a Monday, it really helps us as the business has been slow, its improving though and now with the UE route its given us fourty odd pound a month towards the mortgage .
              plus we are self employed so we give them the figures which are aleady worked out by the tax returns .

Comment

Thank you folks.

Finally got through after about 20 mins, and they are currently dealing with it.

Comment

Received a further payment in the bank today of £109 Child Tax Credit.

The usual payment of CTC is £131 a week every Tuesday, do not get Working Tax.

Not received the award notice yet, but wonder where this additional £109 payment came in anxious and I'm sure the notice will be with me anytime, but just got me wondering if its a payment owed, or a new payment to replace the original??

Hmmmmm

Comment

This will be moneys owed due to finalising of CTC award for year April 2011 to April 2012. You are now being paid for years April 2012 to April 2013 but it is calculated on last years earnings April 2011 to April 2012 and thus could go up or down but you will not know until they finalise this years award from April to July 2013.
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2 August 2012, 21:24.

Comment

Thank you PF.

That does makes sense with the payment (to complete the 2011-2012 award), and my feeling is the new weekly payments will be reduced as well, as the income (hubby)s was a little higher, and we've not had Working Tax Credits for some time now, just CTC.

Cheers.

Comment

Got mine back Wednesday all sorted

Comment

Got mine back Wednesday all sorted
                          Good one, and I take it you have received your new award notice for the year as well?

Mine not arrived in the post yet.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Good one, and I take it you have received your new award notice for the year as well?

Mine not arrived in the post yet.
                            Yes the new award has come also it came on the same day, we got 3 payments in one week , nice surprise

I reckon yours should come soon maybe different for self employed

Comment

Yes the new award has come also it came on the same day, we got 3 payments in one week , nice surprise

I reckon yours should come soon maybe different for self employed

Yes maybe, with ours, hubby is the earner, and I claim Carers Allowance which is also included as income, hubby did have a rise earlier in the year, which we did tell them about, but they did not change the award, so once the new forms came in I enclosed all details of the uptodate income etc, so am wondering now if there will be an overpayment that we owe.
                              If that is the case, I expect they will do this by reducing the award.......I think.

As my son also receives high rate care Disability living allowance (DLA) they pay a severe disability rate within CTC, will keep a check on that when the new award arrives.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X