GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax credits renewal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax credits renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tax credits renewal

Received the new award letter for the year in yesterday's post (Monday 12 August), they were dated 03 August 2012.
    So taken time to get here.

Despite me sending in all details they required of income etc on the new form they classed this as "provision" with an overpayment of just over £800. It states that the new payments for now will be £104 a week (ok fair enough) and they have not yet collected the overpayment until further info is sent to them???

But what do they require? I gave them all details they wanted to know on the application review form we all receive every year?

Apart from sending the new income details for the year 2011 - 2012 which includes hubby's and my carer's allowance, there is nothing else to confirm, but some may remember earlier this year I wrote to them with details that my youngest was in full time education, so they reinstated it and started awarding it again from March of this year, although it was not classed as a new claim but continues from 2011 to 2012. (Before they awarded it again this year, it ended at the start of Jan 2012) and awarded again March 2012, classed as a continued claim.

Anyway, when I contacted them earlier this year about informing them of son in Full Time Ed, they wanted details of what was earned to date, so sent them the details they required, then they sent a letter (which I have kept) to say thank you for updating etc etc, the amount due to you is £XXX.XX............which is to complete to 05 April 2012. Weekly payments of £131.32.

Anyway, as said above, the letters only came arrived yesterday from tax credits, and they state that no overpayments will be deducted as yet.
    I checked online banking today and it is not that of £104 as stated on the provision letter but £90.
    So..............they have deducted already, not giving me a chance to even read the letter that only arrived yesterday really.

Comment

Tried ringing again several times and the same as usual, put on hold then line goes dead!! Maddening!
      I just want to know why the award received in the post says £104 a week and they paid £90

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Tried ringing again several times and the same as usual, put on hold then line goes dead!! Maddening!
        I just want to know why the award received in the post says £104 a week and they paid £90
        I am sorry Di......so frustrating eh!! Sending a big hug to ya
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          I am sorry Di......so frustrating eh!! Sending a big hug to ya

Aww thank you x

Comment

Can anyone please tell me if you know of course lol, if they supposed to send you a letter to confirm they will be deducting the overpayment?

As I have not at all received one about this at all, only that of the one I mentioned above that they will NOT be deducting yet, and that the payments will be until further notice of £104, and yet they paid £90

They are a nightmare to ring!! Not have time to wait on the phone all day, so maybe a further letter to question this.

With not receiving the provisional award letter until Monday just gone, and it taken 11 days to reach me as it was dated 3rd August, maybe there is another on the way, but why is it taking so damn long?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Can anyone please tell me if you know of course lol, if they supposed to send you a letter to confirm they will be deducting the overpayment?

As I have not at all received one about this at all, only that of the one I mentioned above that they will NOT be deducting yet, and that the payments will be until further notice of £104, and yet they paid £90

They are a nightmare to ring!! Not have time to wait on the phone all day, so maybe a further letter to question this.

With not receiving the provisional award letter until Monday just gone, and it taken 11 days to reach me as it was dated 3rd August, maybe there is another on the way, but why is it taking so damn long?
              Only think i can think of is that they are sending you another award notice that includes the overpayment deductions but its caught up in the mail.

Honestly i believe that phone is only way of dealing with them as you get all info there and then no waiting upto 2 months for a reply.

I got our latest award notice last week of july even though i notified them of me no longer working on the 1st week of june.
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                Only think i can think of is that they are sending you another award notice that includes the overpayment deductions but its caught up in the mail.

Honestly i believe that phone is only way of dealing with them as you get all info there and then no waiting upto 2 months for a reply.

I got our latest award notice last week of july even though i notified them of me no longer working on the 1st week of june.

Thank you, will give it another few goes, once my house phone is charged up again lol. After 30 mins i am cut off each time, been doing my head in.
                Cheers.

Comment

This is totally crazy

Today checking online, another payment of £99.22 is paid in, yet on my normal day Tuesday just gone they paid £90, the provisional award letter it says £104 until further notice as no deductions as yet!

And still nothing in the post to explain this, and still can't get through to them.

So this is where we are, before the new award we were getting £131.31 a week.

Then before we received the award notice at the beginning of this week, they paid in £109, then the award notice arrived (provisional) at £104 a week.

They stated they were not deducting overpayment yet.
                  But then they did not pay £104 in Tuesday this week, they paid £90, and today a further £99.

Headshot!

Comment

My poor house-phone, back on charge yet again!!

Comment

With it being a Saturday, still kept holding on, it's pathetic isn't it?

Comment

Absolutely no joy in getting in touch with them at all, a letter's been sent via recorded delivery.

I am none or the wiser what the amount is we should be receiving with them paying in all different non-confirmed amounts, totally clueless on this one!

Comment

Apologies to hijack, but what, theoretically, do I need to claim WTC - my understanding is last years (or April to be exact) and details of the job / new job - is that all that is required?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                            Apologies to hijack, but what, theoretically, do I need to claim WTC - my understanding is last years (or April to be exact) and details of the job / new job - is that all that is required?

Not a problem Oscar.
                            I cannot get WTC, but CTC only so not too sure how they work it out now, since a few changes, but below link/info may be of some help.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tcmanual/tcm0114120.htm

Comment

I emailed an adviser from the voluntary website in regards of the overpayments. I had done this a few days ago, and this afternoon, she emailed me back after explaining the situation and she got back with an attached dispute form for me to complete and send to the overpayment dispute team.

I was informed that I should hear from them by about 2 weeks, but if not then to contact my local MP and ask that he or she chases it up, as they will have more direct contact details, and the power to get some answers more or less straight away.

My point here is that, on every change I made contact by both phone in the past and also writing, as I wanted them to also receive updates in black and white, and I note as well on the provisional award form some mistakes on dates over the year too. This is their mistake and not mine.
                              Thankfully I have kept copies of all letters and recorded receipts they have also just recently received on a letter sent recently.

Comment

With it being Tuesday - the normal day for Child Tax Credits to be paid into the account, the payment paid in this time is £97.69.
                                Still not further award letters though since the one I received last week (provisional).

Comment

Working...
                                X