GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax credits renewal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax credits renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tax credits renewal

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Yes maybe, with ours, hubby is the earner, and I claim Carers Allowance which is also included as income, hubby did have a rise earlier in the year, which we did tell them about, but they did not change the award, so once the new forms came in I enclosed all details of the uptodate income etc, so am wondering now if there will be an overpayment that we owe.
    If that is the case, I expect they will do this by reducing the award.......I think.

As my son also receives high rate care Disability living allowance (DLA) they pay a severe disability rate within CTC, will keep a check on that when the new award arrives.

Cheers.
    Yes indeed that is how they recover overpayments and is how they recovered from us, however if the amount they take is too much each month you can write to them asking them to recalculate the repayment by setting out your reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Yes indeed that is how they recover overpayments and is how they recovered from us, however if the amount they take is too much each month you can write to them asking them to recalculate the repayment by setting out your reasons why.
      Thank you PF, your a star.

Comment

Here:

Repaying overpaid tax credits : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Comment

Thanks for that PF.

Still not received any award notice letter, I expect it will be here hopefully by Monday.

Comment

It's just the not knowing bit, will check bank account Tuesday (if no award letter arrived by then) to see if they pay anything at all lol!

I have not rang them to enquire it, coz I know I will be left on hold forever.

Comment

Checked online banking this morning and yet another payment of CTC was paid in, the amount of £104.

They paid a further £109 as possibly the closing payment of 2011 to 2012 last week, as well as the usual Tuesday payment of £131.(which was the weekly payments until renewal).

However, I did come to the conclusion that maybe the new payment (if its the new weekly payment) is paid a day earlier instead of tomorrow because of the Scottish Bank Holiday............not sure

Comment

............now where's that postman? Hope he posts the new award in the door today lol.

Comment

Postie been and gone, and nothing today.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    Postie been and gone, and nothing today.
                    i normally see that as a good thing.

Like today he brought me a water bill. for £380

Yet more fun eh?
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                      i normally see that as a good thing.

Like today he brought me a water bill. for £380

Yet more fun eh?
                      Bill hey? Doh!! lol

The problem we have is that we tend to have lots of mislaid post, due to similar addresses in our surrounding area, this happens lots of times, and if that happens when we receive their's, I do re-direct back to them or even take it there myself, but not all will so the same unfortunately.
                      And even by constantly keeping on at the Royal Mail it changes nothing.

Comment

Perhaps a call to HMRC to find out if anything has been sent out, although mine did not come until 2 weeks after final payments were paid into bank.

Perhaps give it until the end of week, and bear in mind they are no doubt a little behind what with the Olympics etc.

Comment

Thanks PF, will do just that, give them until the end of this week, cheers.

Comment

Checked account today and as there was nothing paid in, then I assume yesterday's payment was a day earlier, so if that is the case, the new amount of CTC (do not get working tax) is £104 and the odds a week, from £131 a week.

I expected a drop anyway, and hopefully that means the overpayments are reduced by giving that new amount.
                            Fingers crossed.

Comment

Still no award notice letter, as said though will give them until the end of the week, as we all know they are not the easiest to get through to lol.

Comment

Still no award letter, did try ringing several times, but was left holding on for ages each time, the battery on my phone bleeped, now on charge, so will try again tomorrow morning now if nothing in the post by then with it being Saturday.
                                Last edited by di30; 10 August 2012, 22:49. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Working...
                                X