Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonga

I have two unpaid loans with this shower

One taken out in 2008 , defaulted and a repayment plan started and then stopped in 2012

The other taken out in 2012 under the same name , same address etc. The both appear on my credit file

After the recent announcement do I need to do anything? I suspect that the first loan may well stand but the 2nd should be written off, what do people think

Re: Wonga

I've not yet seen the small print in the voluntary 'agreement' between Wonga and the FCA on debt write-offs but I hope it's retrospective so that those poor sods (no offence Pat ) who paid off questionably unlawful ongoing PDLs from Wonga will get refunds.

I can but dream

Comment

Me personally, I wouldn't do anything, wait and see what they do. Which I doubt will be much.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would also wait and see - this turn of events has massive implications for the PDL industry........
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I have not heard anything from Wonga but to be honest I am not sure if the email address I had is still active. On the plus side I have not had anyone chasing me for a couple of years now

Comment

I have just received an email from Wonga telling me that the balance has now been written off. Printed, filed and a copy in the cloud. I am not sure which account it is but it seems (from the email address used) that it is the old account i.e the first one that was part of my DMP . I can only assume that the newer one will be written off as well although as there is no account number on the email I will take it as both

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
              I have just received an email from Wonga telling me that the balance has now been written off.
              Brilliant news

How much is the write-off?

Comment

Between 332 and £700 depending if it is one , two or both accounts. That and £1600 off from MMF ...only another 45000 to go . Having said that most are either UE or have given up chasing me after I told them to go away or make me BR

Comment

Had a letter today from Wonga which is clear as mud. I spoke to them on the phone to clear things up.
                  I have a letter saying that my account is closed and I owe them nothing so that should clear up anything however they have made two offers, one of £93.15 which they want to offset against the write off and another for £55.44 which they apparently want to pay me. All they need is the acceptance form signed.

The confusing thing is these letters have been sent to my mates address in the flat above and I know that I did not use that , anyway both accounts did appear on my credit file for this address and both have now gone. Is it safe to accept?

Comment

Does the letter say why and how they calculated those sums (offers) such as interest rebate or compensation for your stress and inconvenience?

If they've closed the account and said you don't owe them anything I fail to see why you have to agree to an offset of their 'offer' against it.

Comment

Hi Plan B
                      They do not want me to agree for the offset it is for the £55 they want to send me. From what I can tell it covers the payments I made when I was in a DMP so all in all I will come out of it a few quid better off and all done. I feel that it is not worth the hassle to discuss it any more, take the money and buy 4 bottles of Vodka

Comment

Working...
                      X