GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!!

Hi everyone

I recently took out a home insurance policy with dial direct after the kwik fit fiasco, got a good premium but when they sent out the paperwork I forgot to return the signed credit agreement now they want to charge me 15 quid for not signing it and told them over the phone that because of there attitude/threatning letters that they could feck off and whistle for it (on principle of course), now they've sent me a cancellation charge for a policy I never signed for , am I going soft or is this another gang of idiots trying it on again, because as I see it no signature no agreement therefore I owe them nothing.

cheers everyone

Dave

Re: DIAL DIRECT JOKERS!!

Did this happen within 14 days?

Comment

I am not too sure, why would this make a difference?, I they sent out the letter for not signing and returning the agreement after there time limit or they wouldn't of asked for the money. cheers pompeyfaith

Comment

Financial products and services

Financial products including banking, credit, insurance, personal pensions and investments, sold by distance means are subject to a 14 day cooling off period (this is 30 days in the case of life insurance and personal pensions). This includes renewals for insurance where the agreement has been sent by post. This 14 day cooling off period also covers situations where you bought a financial product from an intermediary or a broker, even if it was discussed and signed face to face. You must be sure to follow correct procedure for cancellation (see below). The insurer or broker must refund any monies paid by you within 30 days, although they have the right to deduct a reasonable admin charge, and a sum proportionate to the number of days cover you have had. If you have any related credit agreements, these will also be cancelled.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/cooling-of...cancellations/
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 30 October 2011, 22:37.

Comment

You actually have a 30 day cooling off period not 14 as 14 is for goods mainly.

Edit just seen above - thanks Pompey. So car insurance is only 14 is it? But life is 30? Weird....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In answer to your question Dave; technically you're uninsured. All policies have a "lapse" clause which kicks in after you're late with payments but some give 30 days grace period. We need dates to really help as different outcomes / actions depends on the ACTUAL policy start date and end date and official premium due date.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes the time scale can be confusing to many, anyway if you have time left send them a cancellation letter under distance selling regs.

Niddy do we have a distance selling regs template?

Comment

ps have you ever paid anything into this; yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Yes the time scale can be confusing to many, anyway if you have time left send them a cancellation letter under distance selling regs.

Niddy do we have a distance selling regs template?
                  Nope not something we really deal with here mate! I'd not send that yet cos I suspect the policy is older than 14 days

Comment

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...type=RESOURCES

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...type=RESOURCES

Some more help for you.

Comment

Hi everyone, I took out the policy on the 22nd August 2011, paid a little upfront payment then got a direct debit returned, thats the first I knew, I just thought it wrong to get billed 15 quid for something that slips your mind, so I then thought wrongly or rightly I dont know that because I didnt actually sign and return the agreement that they had no hold on me, as they were charginging me 25 quid for the returned dd, 15 quid for the non returned agreement plus the 22 quid premium,,plus the bank charges me also, so I thought fuck it I have had enough of charges full stop .....from all hands, so I thought I would go somewhere else as I thought all policys elapse after 30 days??but I thought I would ask you guys first the policy ends on 21/08/12

Comment

not paid anything yet

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic...e/forcustomers

Comment

Ooops

That's not how to do it but I suspected as much. I'd just write in and say you never agreed to the policy and did send in the cancellation form instead of the cca ergo as far as you're concerned you utilised your cooling off period and the matter dead. Obviously a postal issue, but not much I can about that. Then just say as a matter of goodwill it'd be in everyone's best interest if they cancelled these alleged charges and the policy.

Just to clarify what date did you take the latest policy on? If it was within 14 days then great - but I suspect not knowing you Dave

Comment

Enough of the bloody links already man

This ain't a regulatory issue mate as he is like months overdue

He's screwed basically - but it all depends in how he plays it and how they react! Nicely nicely to start with....

Comment

Working...
                              X