GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax C/C - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax C/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax C/C

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has come across this before...
    I had my usual statement from Halifax today....and it says from 2nd July 2012...if they OWE...me money in way of charges or interest on the account, they may use it to help pay back the money i owe them....
    Left me gobsmacked.......
    Any thoughts???
    Steve

Re: Halifax C/C

Just sounds like a RoSO - basically they can use the money to pay other debts you owe halifax.

Is standard practice in finance - hence why PPI refunds go onto the loan, CC charges go to the balance.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Just sounds like a RoSO - basically they can use the money to pay other debts you owe halifax.

Is standard practice in finance - hence why PPI refunds go onto the loan, CC charges go to the balance.
      Cheers Oscar....thanks for clearing that one up for me, much appreciated...
      Steve

Comment

I got one for Bank of Scotland C/card.......I had already collected Late payment charges for it before i had even heard of UE
        Last edited by 5corpio; 23 May 2012, 21:42. Reason: .
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All i can say with the credit card is that i never had ppi with it...
          All i have is late charges and the usual interest added...
          Steve

Comment

Very interesting report from Mark Heslin Partner in Beauchamps Solicitors. Update on the Law Relating to Set-Off. Look it up on the net. I would post a copy for you but haven't figured out how to.
            Seems like many Banks believed that they had a common law right of set off on loans and credit cards. They don't! They are now having to incorporate RoSO into their terms and conditions.
            Hence your recent letter.

Comment

---> http://www.claruspress.ie/iblq_sampl...0issue%203.pdf
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

FOS case studies --> issue 84 -recent banking complaints involving 'set off'
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X