GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One

Hi Peeps,

sorry i have taken so long to come back, i have been reading the forum and trying to it my head round it all. And also deal with PTSD, anxiety/panic attacks.

I got my Card around 2008 as a backup for a holiday in Portugal (Boom festival, highly recommend it)

Some time later after the Festival i received an email asking me to contact them as there may be fraudulent activity on my card, on visiting the website i found that they had also increased my credit limit from £200 to £800. Uh ?

Were they asking for trouble, if not they have got it now.

My debt is about £800. Due to my problems i have been ignoring the phone calls, 3-4 a day. although after visiting this site i no longer worry about it.

I don't care what they do now, i don't have any intention of buying a house or getting more credit. As my dad used to say 'if you cant afford it, you cant have it'.

I want them to swivel

So what now then peeps ? UE

PS
    This site has brought me peace of mind, i am now much more relaxed and able to face the Bar-stewards without fear.

Thank you all for your time

deedy

Re: Capital One

sadly it wont be UE, but £800? mate, dont even stress about it, stop paying now, if you havent already.

Wait for it to be statued barred in 6 years, (from the date of your last payment)

Worst case senario, they sell the debt on to a DCA who will prob buy it for pennies, and if you are really worried, offer a full and final settlement of £200.

But def nip these calls in the bud now!, send them the harrassment letter, or buy a call blocker, but def stop the calls.
    Last edited by SXGuy; 11 April 2012, 09:29.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did actually mean to put 'Not UE' oops

I say... cant pay wont pay.

Months of trying and debt not getting any smaller.

Thanks i will send later.

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEEDS View Post
        i received an email asking me to contact them as there may be fraudulent activity on my card, on visiting the website i found that they had also increased my credit limit from £200 to £800. Uh ?
        I want to be sure I have understood this correctly - the card company suspected fraudulent activity on the card, so they quadrupled the credit limit to prevent the suspected fraudster from maxing it out?

Were any of the transactions fraudulent or were their suspicions raised by the transactions having taken place in Portugal?

Comment

Mate if you have £800 I would pay them off and try and save your credit record ( or at least repair it).

There are very few people that can live with out credit at some stage and even it can effect jobs etc.

I know a lot of people would disagree , but before you tell them to f**K off remember there are down sides.

Comment

Cleverclogs: it was some online payments that they queried, so they could not of been to worried about fraud. still i had fun for a while with their money, sorry their fictional money

mgfboy: i lived many many years without credit, so NO WORRIES there then, and as for a job, that would be nice but not the end of the world if i don't get one.

Flowerpower: on the letter it says

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls and I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

should i answer the phone next time and request the calls stop or should i just remove that part from the letter.

Now enjoying life as a Freeman

Comment

Hello again,

Well the phone calls stopped on the day that i started this diary.
              So i have not sent the letter.
              Last week i received a letter asking me to contact them about my debt, or it would be passed on to the Debt Collectors.
              Unfortunately i lost the letter so i can't say more than that.

I take it i wait for the D.C. to contact me.

I'm much more relaxed about it all than i was before, but still a little 'shaky'.

But still enjoying life as a Freeman

Comment

You'll be fine, keep us updated with anything they send in and please try and keep a record of all letters - you will rely on this IF it ever went legal so try and not lose things

Best of luck
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Niddy i appreciate all the encouragement that i receive here.

I do usually keep stuff, but i must of thrown it out in a fit of anger. )

To be honest let them do their worst, it couldn't be worse than it has been in the past.

'Things can only get better'

Still enjoying life as a Freeman

Comment

Well i is back again.
                    Just to keep you up to date.
                    The phone calls started again... never mind, phone pests are the only ones who ring my land-line anyway. LOL
                    I had two more letters, 7 days to pay Blah Blah Blah.
                    Today i received a text on my mobile from the FPC leeches.
                    Slowly but surely we move forward : )

Comment

Just received a letter from fpc debt collection.

I MUST contact them on receipt of the letter to make a payment.
                      Dam i aint got any money, no point ringing then

Oh balance is now £941.07

As a precaution i have sold all my possessions to my house mate
                      To pay off other debts of course, have been out of work for a while now.
                      I now own nothing except the clothes on my back.

Comment

I am not sure if any one can help but,
                        a friend of mine moved in with me last year, since then we have had 3 letters addressed to her sent here.
                        I have sent them back, not at this address.

Anyone know the legal side of this, can we get her done for doing this.
                        Who should we contact about it, the police or someone else ?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Also i have a mail order catalogue debt, had a quick nose about on the site, i take its another debt not to worry about.

Comment

sorry my mate is getting divorced, decree nisi just arrived

Comment

I really should pay attention.
                            My mate is male he has just got his divorce, ex wife getting debts sent here.
                            Can we get her done for it.

Sorry been a long day

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEEDS View Post
                              I really should pay attention.
                              My mate is male he has just got his divorce, ex wife getting debts sent here.
                              Can we get her done for it.

Sorry been a long day
                              Hiya

Maybe its not the ex getting debts sent there, it'll be a financial link and they are writing to hubby as they have traced him and possibly not her.

Maybe they had joint loans etc?

Its not an offence, you need to return to sender - thats all. :niddy
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X