GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BASIC Business Bank account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BASIC Business Bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASIC Business Bank account?

Hi, had a basic bank account for 4 years - and the bank has been excellent

BUT they don't offer a business account for anyone with defaults, can anyone recommend a bank that offers this service

I don't was credit card/OD/Loan, just a simple bank account I can receive 1 cheque or 1 electronic payment each month into, and pay Inalnd Revenue as and when....

Thanks

Re: BASIC Business Bank account?

Try here----> http://www.natwest.com/business/prod...#tabs=section1
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like a minimum fee of £10 a month which is a lot when I expect to see 1 or perhaps 2 transactions come in each month, and probably just 1 back out (my salary), but that's life

Appreciate the link, as I need to set this up asap

Thanks

Comment

Im having real difficulty trying to get a BASIC business bank account. Im a limited Company.
        Tried Nat West but turned down.

Does anyone know of any other companies i Can try?

Barclays is a creditor as is Halifax............

Thanks
        Last edited by snowy; 11 May 2013, 11:17.

Comment

Sorry you're not having any luck Snowy.

I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't have a clue about business accounts
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

value your feedback on the service provided by Bank Accounts Compared and the companies we introduce to you, so please take the time to send us your feedback on our Thank You page after you have completed the application form.

A GUARANTEED Bank Account Guarantees opening your new bank account, subject to proper Identification and there are NO CONTRACTS meaning you can CANCEL AT ANYTIME without penalty. A Pre-paid MasterCard® Debit Card is also included meaning you can only ever spend what you have and never get charged for being overdrawn or missing a regular payment.

BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNTS
            Need a Guaranteed business bank account? Complete the form below or Call 0845 474 2917:

Guaranteed High Street Business Bank Accounts -
            Set-up fee - £225.00 + VAT
            Monthly Management Fee - Zero

PLEASE NOTE: With a GUARANTEED Bank Account you are under no obligations at any time to complete the application process and there are no contracts, so you can CANCEL AT ANY TIME with no penalty.

or google Business Bank Accounts defaults accepted

Cash + offer a business account?
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 May 2013, 12:44.

Comment

Bank of Cyprus offer business banking (they search Equifax) alternatively look to use something like PayPal and then transfer funds taken to your personal bank account, obviously means you cannot accept cheques etc as they'd not be in your name, but that works.

Do not try and sign up for any of those guaranteed bank account style things - they really are not worth it and if you see the terms, it's not actually guaranteed as a bank can refuse anyone for any reason.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                value your feedback on the service provided by Bank Accounts Compared and the companies we introduce to you, so please take the time to send us your feedback on our Thank You page after you have completed the application form.

A GUARANTEED Bank Account Guarantees opening your new bank account, subject to proper Identification and there are NO CONTRACTS meaning you can CANCEL AT ANYTIME without penalty. A Pre-paid MasterCard® Debit Card is also included meaning you can only ever spend what you have and never get charged for being overdrawn or missing a regular payment.

BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNTS
                Need a Guaranteed business bank account? Complete the form below or Call 0845 474 2917:

Guaranteed High Street Business Bank Accounts -
                Set-up fee - £225.00 + VAT
                Monthly Management Fee - Zero

PLEASE NOTE: With a GUARANTEED Bank Account you are under no obligations at any time to complete the application process and there are no contracts, so you can CANCEL AT ANY TIME with no penalty.
                I'd seriously avoid this like the plague....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Seems reading that business problem area it is a mine field, as Niddy suggest in post 7 worth looking into for safety! when I read the small print of the others send shivers as they are avoidable and should be.

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
                    Im having real difficulty trying to get a BASIC business bank account. Im a limited Company.
                    Tried Nat West but turned down.

Does anyone know of any other companies i Can try?

Barclays is a creditor as is Halifax............

Thanks
                    Exactly which services do you need, snowy? I've done a lot of research into this during the last two years.

Do you need to be able to accept cheques in the business name?
                    Do you need to be able to write cheques in the business name?
                    Do you need to be able to accept card payments?
                    Do you need to be able to set up standing orders so that you can put clients on a monthly retainer?

SH

Comment

Thanks for the response

Do you need to be able to accept cheques in the business name? NO
                      Do you need to be able to write cheques in the business name? NO
                      Do you need to be able to accept card payments? NO
                      Do you need to be able to set up standing orders so that you can put clients on a monthly retainer? Direct Debit to pay accountants and standing order to pay myself a wage

Any good?
                      Santander was my only hope - they have said NO today...so completely stumped now. I only require a business account to have my contracting wages paid in and save for HMRC

Comment

Thanks for the response

Do you need to be able to set up standing orders so that you can put clients on a monthly retainer? Direct Debit to pay accountants and standing order to pay myself a wage

Any good?
                        Santander was my only hope - they have said NO today...so completely stumped now. I only require a business account to have my contracting wages paid in and save for HMRC
                        Have a read here this my help------>http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2346

Comment

Thanks for the response

Any good?

If that is all you need, then your best bet is going to be a Cash Plus account. It has some limitations, but none of them are going to affect you.

You'll need to pay £30 a year to get it, but that is lot cheaper than most business banking. The transactions themselves are free, which is unusual for a business account.

You get a proper account number and sort code, as with a High Street bank, and there is no credit check to get it. If you fail to get this, there must be something more seriously wrong, such as fraud markers.

Here is the page which covers electronic payments -

Direct Debits & Standing Orders To Make & Receive Payments Online

The product did win an award at the Card and Payment Awards 2012, and I have independently verified this.

SH

Comment

Thanks for the useful info! Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                            X