GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays current account getting it opened - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays current account getting it opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays current account getting it opened

On November 7th I applied online to open a current account, fancied the contactless debit card. Fed up with santander, a few days later got a letter saying please sign as was accepted for account. Also please sign the signature specimen form, as soon as we receive the signed form and specimen form the account will be opened. A week goes by so rang, was waiting about 20 mins and lady comes on. She says to me I will contact account opening team in manchester. She comes back and says sorry they are behind in processing but will now do the application and this will generate a sort/account number.
    Today gets a letter:
    Dear Ms ************
    Thank you for your recent application for your recent application for a barclays bank account.
    To progress your application we require further information from you. you can call into any branch and ask to see a personal banker. Please take this letter and original documents to confirm current address and identity.

What as annoyed me the first letter said the account will be opened on the receipt of the signed form and specimen form signed. What has changed? Do you think they have lost the specimen form I signed, aren't they slow, thought santander were not so good. Also they have check me on Experian and asked me quite a few questions related to Equifax.

new so please go gentle

Re: Barclays current account getting it opened

Hi & welcome

Read this - exactly the same happened to me - I got compo lol

---> Niddy v Barclays
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

just read your experience, did you get a letter like me accepting you for the account? I read that you downloaded the application and sent it in with wage slips, so did they do the credit check after getting your form and copies of wage slips?I didn't do this, I just pressed the ''submit'' button.
      Sorry if I've read it wrong (lost my specs)

I did wonder had they lost something as simple as the specimen slips? What a carry on you had

Comment

Originally posted by stromboli View Post
        just read your experience, did you get a letter like me accepting you for the account? I read that you downloaded the application and sent it in with wage slips, so did they do the credit check after getting your form and copies of wage slips?I didn't do this, I just pressed the ''submit'' button.
        Sorry if I've read it wrong (lost my specs)

I did wonder had they lost something as simple as the specimen slips? What a carry on you had
        Barclays do not have the facility to immediately open a current account online, as confirmed in my complaint mate (by their chief exec customer services). Therefore irrespective, you'll need to go into branch, they make everyone do this apparently. Thats what my whole complaint was about, ie why make me waste time and effort going to a branch to "open it" when all along i'd never even been credit scored at that point, its a joke.

Basically when I went to branch they put in a whole new application - its a joke.

Yea I had the specimen slip etc, printed off online.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I will call in but not going to accept a new application be done, don't want any more credit checks. I know the much maligned Santander, opened the account online and absolutely no need to go in branch. Having issues with Grattan catalogue, they sent me an offer with a sub catalogue Kaleidoscope, did an order and they have done a further 2 credit checks! So don't want more checks. (off topic there) Have you got a number for their application opening team? Feel a complaint coming on.

Comment

UPDATE!
            I rang a free number 0500 and they gave me a number for ''new to bank team'' went through it all and she told me it was how my address was put on the system. So she said I would have to go in with the id.
            Loooking at the letters they have sent me their format is slightly different to other letters I get. So went in, saw a Personal banker, he said it must be a glitch, I said I was give you the cis reference? This was a reference on my letters. Took passport, energy bill and then he said sign and he gave me the sort code and account number.
            Ordered a cheque book and paying in book. Quite long winded process

Comment

Interesting. I opened a basic Barclays account, went into the branch with ID. They took copies which they gave to me and told me to send it in as if it was processed in branch they wouldn't open it due to my credit record.

Sent it in as they said and no problems!

Comment

Just wondering the present account I have at the moment has the old cheque guarantee symbol. With this Barclay's he said it comes with a cheque book, but he didn't say it was the contactless card? If they send me a card which ain't usable on a plane, could it be upgraded?

Comment

Originally posted by stromboli View Post
                  Just wondering the present account I have at the moment has the old cheque guarantee symbol. With this Barclay's he said it comes with a cheque book, but he didn't say it was the contactless card? If they send me a card which ain't usable on a plane, could it be upgraded?
                  If you qualify for a full debit card then you'll know cos it's called connect isn't it? However the best way of telling is to try and use it at a tesco pay at pump or similar - or ask them (Barclays) or search the BIN (first 6 digits) of the card....

Loads of ways of finding out, so when you get the card give us a shout if you need it clarifying....

Comment

p.s well done on the account, now look forward to the shit Barclays will put you through!

Comment

Just back from a mini break, lots of post and quite a bit from Barclay's. The card is not a contactless card, no sign on the card?
                      Earlier put a question to Barclay's chat online service, they said phone telephone banking and ask for one!
                      Got cheque book, online details. My old account with Santander came with a cheque guarantee card (100) although now useless, have used that on a plane, don't drive so can't say on petrol.
                      Maybe not qualified for one? Strangely enough have 2 0% credit cards Are Barclay's known for tough scoring?

Comment

Working...
                      X