GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late Payment for returned DD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Payment for returned DD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Payment for returned DD

Hi All

I just want to check if this is happening to anyone else, and if so with which banks. first direct recently started reporting returned direct debits to the credit reference agencies, marked as a late payment (1).
    This has only happened a few times, but only with first direct. I've switched all DDs to another account, but wanted to know if this was happening to all fd customers, or just a select few who've dared to question them.

With Experian it's marked as 1 Late Payment, but with Equifax it says 1 Late Payment and the status of the account is 'In Arrears'. This happens even when the payment is taken succesfully a few days later, and the company in receipt of the payment marks this as 'satisfactory' (green 0).

I have raised it with the bank and the Information Commissioner, who agrees that 'In Arrears' is an inaccurate reflection of the account status, therefore potentially in breach of Data Protection Act.

I dont have a problem taking this further, but wanted to know how wide ranging this heavy-handed behaviour was.

Jon

Re: Late Payment for returned DD

Hi & welcome

First I've heard of this, as you say it's false - so long as the account is in credit when they update their monthly feed then the account status should show reflective to that point. HSBC update on 3rd Monday of month (around 19th) - so if I'm overdrawn (within limit mind) i always transfer over so it updates as £0 balance....

Best to complain formally to the ICO and demand removal cos this will affect you, big time.

:niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hi & welcome

First I've heard of this, as you say it's false - so long as the account is in credit when they update their monthly feed then the account status should show reflective to that point. HSBC update on 3rd Monday of month (around 19th) - so if I'm overdrawn (within limit mind) i always transfer over so it updates as £0 balance....

Best to complain formally to the ICO and demand removal cos this will affect you, big time.

:niddy
      thanks niddy

I will continue to chase it. It's taken me years to get data corrected on my file and i had to go to court to have one false default removed (in fact, you helped me!)...and now this!
      It's an uphill struggle with these people!

Comment

letter to the Information Commissioner's Office...done

letter to first direct...done

letter to Equifax...done

Comment

Originally posted by jonboy75 View Post
          letter to the Information Commissioner's Office...done

letter to first direct...done

letter to Equifax...done
          Best of luck matey
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

New thread is here: ---> Calling all first direct customers!

Comment

Working...
            X