GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays and BP and VISA time limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays and BP and VISA time limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays and BP and VISA time limit

Ill keep it brief!!

Bought fuel from BP station on oct 27th 2012 - £52. Amount was taken from my debit card (Barclays current account on dec 2nd 2012 but then AGAIN on feb 14th 2013.

Barclays won't help me despite authorising the second debit when no funds available. BUT when I raised the dispute they didn't inform me that visa have a 120 day rule to dispute a transaction that visa have until now when they say they cant help further because of it and will now be re debitting the £52 from my account (refunded it on February 28th).

I can't afford £52 x 2 and a bank charge.

BP station need bank confirmation of false authorisation and Barclays say they tied to 120 day rule from visa.

I'm lost what to do.

Re: Barclays and BP and VISA time limit

do you think it's fraud or stupidity?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      do you think it's fraud or stupidity?
      Stupidity of the BP clerk. I spoke to them and they've known issues with their computers. But need bank confirmation to refund?!

Comment

The garage will have CCTV records so go and speak to the manager and tell him to confirm in writing that you only had fuel once or you'll SAR them for CCTV footage (that's a pain to deal with as they have to edit everything except your visit lol).

Practically all you need is confirmation from garage that one charge should be applied. The second must have been CNP as well as they couldn't operate Chip n Pin on the duplicate.

Pain I know but it's the garage you need to deal with initially. Get confirmation from the garage that you only had one visit/charge due. Then you can take that to Barclays.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you need to do a SAR then you request video footage of all your visits at pump in your car (using reg/anpr) for the periods in question. That will prove it unless you use that garage all the time - but they'll have records and the odds of getting dead on £52 again is slim.

As I say its the garage at fault here totally. Not your bank. The garage need to confirm to YOU that there should be one charge. If they ask for proof just take your statements showing the original £52 then the duplicate, then the refund on 28th feb then the new payment. That'll confirm that the garage are at fault.

I'd also demand compo from the garage plus a refund on all charges to the bank.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            The garage will have CCTV records so go and speak to the manager and tell him to confirm in writing that you only had fuel once or you'll SAR them for CCTV footage (that's a pain to deal with as they have to edit everything except your visit lol).

Practically all you need is confirmation from garage that one charge should be applied. The second must have been CNP as well as they couldn't operate Chip n Pin on the duplicate.

Pain I know but it's the garage you need to deal with initially. Get confirmation from the garage that you only had one visit/charge due. Then you can take that to Barclays.
            I'm on it!!

It's cost me bank charges and phone calls and Barclays dispute team are awful just awful.

Comment

If you need to do a SAR then you request video footage of all your visits at pump in your car (using reg/anpr) for the periods in question. That will prove it unless you use that garage all the time - but they'll have records and the odds of getting dead on £52 again is slim.

As I say its the garage at fault here totally. Not your bank. The garage need to confirm to YOU that there should be one charge. If they ask for proof just take your statements showing the original £52 then the duplicate, then the refund on 28th feb then the new payment. That'll confirm that the garage are at fault.

I'd also demand compo from the garage plus a refund on all charges to the bank.
              The garage is 75 miles away and I've never used it before or since .....

Garage manager calling me back tomorrow.

Comment

If the garage fuck you about complain in writing to the bank. Then you can FOS it and get your cash back cos the bank also need to check BOTH sides with disputes to debit card transactions and they usually ask the retailer for proof of purchase. Have they done that? To do so would mean two sale receipts on different dates both at £52 using chip and pin.

That's where they come unstuck.

Comment

If the garage fuck you about complain in writing to the bank. Then you can FOS it and get your cash back cos the bank also need to check BOTH sides with disputes to debit card transactions and they usually ask the retailer for proof of purchase. Have they done that? To do so would mean two sake receipts on different dates both at £52 using chip and pin.

That's where they come unstuck.
                  That's why I tried the bank first as they'd surely see I only authorised one purchase not two. Let alone at the same time for same amount. They spent 3 weeks investigating refund my £52 but today send me a letter saying actually nothing they can do as visa have a 120 day rule so speak to CAB and they'll be re debitting the £52 in 14 days.

Comment

Eh? They said what?

Can you email me that letter please? Also confirm the dates. You originally bought fuel in October 2012? That was taken from your account when?

The February debit and refund is sorted so in theory as at today things add up right? But you now know they'll take it from you and pay it back to garage at a later date, is that right? So you'll be £52 out of pocket?

Comment

Eh? They said what?

Can you email me that letter please? Also confirm the dates. You originally bought fuel in October 2012? That was taken from your account when?

The February debit and refund is sorted so in theory as at today things add up right? But you now know they'll take it from you and pay it back to garage at a later date, is that right? So you'll be £52 out of pocket?
                      I can scan and email in the morning sure.

Bought fuel October and it was debited in December. The extra debit was in feb and they refunded it at the end of feb. I called them to discuss todays letter and was told that ill receive another letter confirming that the £52 will be re debited. The guy on the phone from Barclays just kept saying they could t help as it is passed the 120 day limit imposed by visa (I assume since the time of the original purchase).

So if they take back the refund I will be back out of pocket by £52 + charges.
                      Last edited by malamute; 12 March 2013, 22:07.

Comment

Actually just checked my statement (thank god for online banking). On march 5th it shows a credit from BP FOR THE £52. by the guy at Barclays has stated that Barclays will be re requesting the £52 back that THEY refunded.

Should I wait for that letter?!

Comment

Actually just checked my statement (thank god for online banking). On march 5th it shows a credit from BP FOR THE £52. by the guy at Barclays has stated that Barclays will be re requesting the £52 back that THEY refunded.

Comment

The bank are going on the 120 day recharge timeframe but they've got it wrong as the original sale was October and the £52 was correctly paid (in Dec). The February recharge and refund resolved itself but this new recharge is the issue. The bank have no right to recharge you unless the garage have stated that you owed £52.

That said your own records confirm its settled. Send me their letter and ill sort you a response to send their CEO tomorrow. That should sort it for you

If garage call just warn them that if they have instructed their bank to recharge it in March again you'll be seeking legal advice for theft so you suggest he gets onto his bank and stops the recharge claim. They'll have a contact at streamline or whoever they use that deals with disputes.

The bank we can deal separately. They're idiots. This is a separate matter to any 120 day rule. It's theft.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post

Please check this for me:

Date you bought fuel -
                              Date that payment left your account -

Going back to February. You say they took an extra £52 - when? -
                              Then they paid you this £52 back again, right? When? -

Now you say there was a credit on 5th March 2013 by BP.

So that £52 needs repaid, which is what the bank are doing.

Now you've confused matters with this 5th march credit.... It suggests the bank is right cos you're £52 better off.

Comment

Working...
                              X