GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script If I was Prime Minister I would..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Can anyone see a downfall in my policy?

I'd get rid of car tax and put the cost on fuel. That way you wouldn't be able to drive with no tax, gas guzzlers would pay more tax, economical green cars would pay less. Can't see a downside.

Re: If I was Prime Minister I would.....

An excellent idea, BBoo.

Much better than the one which was "going the rounds" last week. Charging people to use motorways! I only drive about 2k miles per year and your idea would be great for me and people like me. However, about 90% of the mileage I do is on motorways, with no real viable alternative routes, so I would be at a definite disadvantage if motorway charging was introduced.

Still, with this government they always do a "U" turn on any policies, so am not losing any sleep - yet.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is the exact same conversation I was having with my family yesterday, Bboo. So bloody easy, so why can't those in power see it?
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I'd half the default and SB time, therefore a great many of the peeps in debt (like a lot of us) would be debt free sooner. At the moment it is simply a punitive measure, they used (not that long ago) throw debtors in jail and this is the modern day equivalent. (they trash your life instead) I would also regulate CC rates, 2% above base rate, tops, end of.

Stupid and spurious defaults would be over quicker and those people would be able to continue their economic life, ie get a mortgage, phone contract etc.

It would remove the banks reasons for not lending and it would kickstart the economy.

At the same time I would regulate the banks/financial institutions to a greasy spot so that we could never be in the position we were in a couple of years ago and libor/PPI/general incompetence just wouldn't have room to happen.

Comment

and yes Bboo, we were having that conversation as well.............too bloody obvious

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post

I'd get rid of car tax and put the cost on fuel. That way you wouldn't be able to drive with no tax, gas guzzlers would pay more tax, economical green cars would pay less. Can't see a downside.
            My car's an old 2 litre but I'm in a catch-22 situation because I can't afford to get a smaller, more economical green car!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post

Only fault with that idea is the disabled who get free car tax?

Comment

Cancel car tax and make all motor ways toll roads, use them you pay, dont use them you don't pay...
                Or an even better idea use the billions collected from road fund licenses to repair and improve the road network instead of subsidising immigrant and wasters benefits ....

Comment

a discount card for petrol..............an untamperable card obviously

Comment

For me my first job would be to sack Ian Duncan Smith and then reform parliamentary standards

Comment

I would stop all benefits other than monies paid into the system. So work for 2 years means 2 months benefit etc etc....

Don't shoot me. It's just my opinion and something I'd do. There's plenty jobs - take your pick.

Sickness benefits excluded of course. I am a believer of work for those that CAN - help for those that CAN'T
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Only fault with that idea is the disabled who get free car tax?
                        x% discount for disabled?

Comment

Oh while we're on the subject I'd also ban all parking charges at hospitals and pay nurses more plus I'd make life, life. So you kill someone and you'll die behind bars. Our penal system is a fucking holiday camp.

A menu? You're having a laugh. Eat slop or have it tomorrow. Bottom line you lost all human rights when you killed someone.

I'd want all prisoners put out to sea and work on exports to help fund GDP and exports. A sustainable boat stops excessive costs and alleviates escapes.

Serious, don't make me pm
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I would stop all benefits other than monies paid into the system. So work for 2 years means 2 months benefit etc etc....

Don't shoot me. It's just my opinion and something I'd do. There's plenty jobs - take your pick.

Sickness benefits excluded of course. I am a believer of work for those that CAN - help for those that CAN'T
                            Care to show me because local jobs pages say more than any Government Statistic for instance pre 2007 there used to be 17 pages plus of jobs both skilled and unskilled now there are just 2 pages in my local paper The News.

Yes IDS wants work to pay but it does not always work for instance my wife got a pay rise last month but because that rise took her pay over the weekly carers allowance limit of £100 a week she had to cut here hours by 1 a week.

Yes she could of done more hours, however there was not enough hours on offer to cover the £58 carers allowance she gets.

If the Govt really want people to work more hours they should start by scraping this limit

Comment

I would close all known tax loopholes and the likes of (insert name) didnt like it, they can emigrate.

I would also ensure that to get the "Winter Fuel Allowance" that you were permanent resident of the UK.

I am likely to get shot for this, but I would scrap Child Allowance completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X