GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script If I was Prime Minister I would..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Arent the present government are intent on bringing them back just wont be called a turnpike. Be some soft and cuddly name instead

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Not sure the world is safe now they want to repeal the 1812 Wangford Poor Act
      They are pulling the carpet from under our feet and giving us no prospect of ever challenging in a court.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Indeed it is frightening Phoenix and Cameron's plans are now becoming more clear.
        Interesting point about Cameron.

He acted very quickly in getting rid of Nadine Dorries for going into the jungle - not that I agree for one minute with an MP doing that while taking taxpayers' money - but is not very forthcoming about acting on the allegations of child abuse relating to a prominent politician from the Thatcher era.

Priorities, eh?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Arent the present government are intent on bringing them back just wont be called a turnpike. Be some soft and cuddly name instead
          Like a motorway - charging users.

Probably called something like an "enhanced facility" - and guess who will be doing the enhancing?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Phoenix I said exactly the same to my son this afternoon and their are not enough females in parliament as it is, what she did was not right of course but some MP's have remained for far greater wrongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Like a motorway - charging users.

Probably called something like an "enhanced facility" - and guess who will be doing the enhancing?
              Now you are on the same wave length as me

Comment

Or the bankers routes cause you will have to be filthy rich to use them and all us plebs (yes thats what they think of us when they dont think we are listening) will have to walk and doff our caps when they drive past.

Comment

Phoenix I said exactly the same to my son this afternoon and their are not enough females in parliament as it is, what she did was not right of course but some MP's have remained for far greater wrongs.
                  And within hours of its being announced, Cameron had sacked her - or whatever the parliamentary expression is. That man just likes jumping on bandwagons - and then jumping off again when he realises that he has chosen the wrong bandwagon ...

Comment

Still going through it all and cross referencing to the relevant acts and thus have not got to the finance bills yet.

Comment

Still going through it all and cross referencing to the relevant acts and thus have not got to the finance bills yet.
                      Think we can say that neither the Indian Railways Acts or the Dublin City one will be much loss tho.

Comment

I find it interesting the way the senior civil service is going too. My brother, aside from being a total dickhead, is an Executive Director for the DWP. He's spent the past year and a bit sacking people.

This week his boss (one under the Permanent Under Secretary) has been sacked and so has his colleague leaving ...... him. What does my brother do? Hatchet jobs! He has for years, starting with the Legal Services Commission, then onto Immigration - Enforcement and Removals, then Exec Director for the East Midlands 'streamlining' all government departments there (sacking people) and then back to the DWP.

Am I cynical questionning why it is him who has been kept given what he does?

Comment

maybe a realist? lol

Comment

Working...
                          X