GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script If I was Prime Minister I would..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I was Prime Minister I would.....

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Unaffordable rents in the main extend from the wealthy who can afford to buy up houses and thus rent them out at obscene cost to the working classes it is called greediness.

I resent that assumption. Most of us Landlords are neither wealthy nor greedy We have stonking mortgages and run it as a business like any other business no different from farmers or Tesco. But I could name a few tenants who have ripped me off by not paying rent and 'doing a runner', trashed the property, and one who even stole the boiler

There are also plenty of tenants who pocket their HB (LHA is paid direct to the tenant not to private landlords unless more than 8 weeks in arrears) and don't pass it on. And some who have made false HB claims (benefit fraud) and the poor Landlord has to pay the money back to the Local Authority and suffer the loss.

Added to that is the fact that any profit Landlords do manage to make provides them with an income so that they don't need to claim benefits or rely on the state for handouts. That's not being greedy that's being self-sufficient
    Last edited by PlanB; 5 November 2012, 15:46.

Comment

Brought my ex-council house back in 1986 and am still living here, Thatcher knew many of the homes sold were sub standard and would have cost a fortune to bring them up with central heating replacement windows inside toilets insulation etc so was cheaper to sell them off and let the ex tenants do the work.

Comment

Im sorry to say, but being someone who does rental accounts for quite a lot of clients, i can tell you, hardly any of them earn anything close to being considered rich or wealthy.

Infact most, have losses each year.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They must of changed the time limit to sell because when I brought ours it was 5 years.

I know someone who built there own 4 bed detached home for £39k that was just material costs the land was on top of that, however not sure what the costings would have been back in 1986.

Comment

I think you're right about the time, I'm pretty sure here in Scotland there was a sliding scale, the longer a tenant, the bigger the discount.

As for housing stock, how many wee lassies and their wee babies are sitting in housing stock that working people could be using? It is a sure fire way of getting a house, have a baby. I would take that option away,no marriage no family allowance, and then only for the first five years of the first babies life.

I bet that would bring down the birthrate and the use of social housing to bolster it.

No one, absolutely no one should be having children they can't afford, why on Earth would you?

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
              OMG, I've started doing U Turns already, I've only be pm for 12 hours!
              A very necessary strategy if you are going to emulate our present PM, BBoo. Proves you are a very fast leaner.

The problem with that statement though is you are taring all fathers with the same brush when in fact the majority of fathers are decent respectable citizens just like mothers.
              Very well said, Pompey!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

Very well said, Pompey!
                May I refer you to post # 60

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...9&postcount=60

Comment

This is frightening over 800 acts being redacted.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...42/2013042.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                    Thanks Plan, B.

Wasn't getting at you, honestly.

Just that my son is a father, and he absolutely idolises my little granddaughter. And he and her mother are very much together.

Comment

Forget being PM of UK plc when there's a job vacancy as President of the United States of America tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Thanks Plan, B.

Wasn't getting at you, honestly.

Just that my son is a father, and he absolutely idolises my little granddaughter. And he and her mother are very much together.
                        Aww I'm so jealous. My daughter lives with her bloke so I hope to be in your shoes too soon
                        Last edited by PlanB; 7 November 2012, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          Aww I'm so jealous. My daughter lives with her bloke so I hope to be in your shoes too soon Maybe I should confiscate her Pill over the Christmas holidays
                          I do wish you luck - being a grandma is the best thing that ever happened to me! I can't describe my feelings for my granddaughter: they are so special.

And never say never. My son and his partner had been together for nearly five years and, as he had just reached 40 and said partner already had a son, aged 14 from her marriage, I honestly thought that the nearest I would get was being grandma to their labrador dog - who I do love, incidentally. And I didn't think he was really bothered about being a father - but he is totally besotted with his little girl.

Comment

This is frightening over 800 acts being redacted.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...42/2013042.pdf
                            Not sure the world is safe now they want to repeal the 1812 Wangford Poor Act

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                              Not sure the world is safe now they want to repeal the 1812 Wangford Poor Act
                              Not to mention all those turnpikes ....

Comment

Indeed it is frightening Phoenix and Cameron's plans are now becoming more clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X