GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Equifax in new tenant verification partnership - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equifax in new tenant verification partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equifax in new tenant verification partnership

Equifax in new tenant verification partnership

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 14th January 2014 18:38.

Landlords and letting agents network landlordreferencing.co.uk has chosen credit reference agency Equifax to enhance its tenant vetting services as...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Equifax in new tenant verification partnership

They have a forum of their own so I shall be interested to see what gets posted on there about this.

http://www.landlordreferencing.co.uk...mmunity-forum/

Comment

Ok, so you're skint, have defaulted on a loan or credit card but need somewhere to live. NO CHANCE if this lot get their way. What on earth are we coming to?

Comment

To be fair they don't generally deny a property just cos of debt. If you pay utilities etc then they're better. Plus isn't there a new thing for landlords coming in credit files soon, like mortgages but it'll report rental payments?

planB will know
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          you're skint, have defaulted on a loan or credit card but need somewhere to live. NO CHANCE if this lot get their way.
          You have every chance of getting passed a Landlord's reference despite any defaults on your credit file.

1. This is not a new story. All letting agents have access to Equifax and Experian and they always have had access. This story is only about a new customer for Equifax. Please do not be spooked by this.

2. Landlords look at the wider picture. Financial history is only part of the equation. The Tenant's current financial status is what matters. Can the Tenant pay the rent now is the only question which needs answering. Yes or No. Who cares if they couldn't pay it last year or any time since 2008 when the Credit Crunch started to bite.

3. The previous Landlord's reference is far more relevant. Did the Tenant trash the place? Did the Tenant have rent arrears despite being stinking rich? Believe me that happens more often than not.

4. If you fail a Tenant reference you have every chance of turning the situation around by explaining the back-story of the situation.

5. I'm a Landlord. Trust me however hard that may seem

Comment

Working...
          X