GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up

Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 28th June 2012 17:41.

*............mortgage costs, say experts *Homeowners hoping they can sue Barclays for distorting their mortgage rates through its Libor...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up

FP,

This is huge, and a far bigger issue than they are letting on, they did say on the news today that some buy to let mortgages are based on libor rates.

Tomorrow will also see the announcement that SME's can sue there banks for financial product misselling. I think this is were SME's were recommended to buy bank bonds and then the interest rate plummeted to an all time low.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 28 June 2012, 21:42.

Comment

Re: Homeowners could sue Barclays for Libor fiddle even without clear proof it pushed up

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      FP,

This is huge, and a far bigger issue than they are letting on, they did say on the news today that some buy to let mortgages are based on libor rates.

Tomorrow will also see the announcement that SME's can sue there banks for financial product misselling.
      I have two Libor tracker Buy-to-Let mortgages. At the peak of the Credit Crunch (2009) my payments increased by over £1k per month. I nearly went bankrupt at the time (hence my problems now) so I'd be happy to get involved in a class action claim against Barclays

Most sub-prime residential mortgages were Libor trackers too , and those poor sods got repossessed when Libor rocketed
      Last edited by PlanB; 28 June 2012, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I have two Libor tracker Buy-to-Let mortgages. At the peak of the Credit Crunch (2009) my payments increased by over £1k per month. I nearly went bankrupt at the time (hence my problems now) so I'd be happy to get involved in a class action claim against Barclays

Most sub-prime residential mortgages were Libor trackers too , and those poor sods got repossessed when Libor rocketed
        I think you need to start a lot of research on this now, I get a lot of interesting links from twitter on this so don't mind saving them and sending to you.

Comment

Yes I know quiet a few that were shafted by Kensington mortgages and they were sub-prime

Comment

I've got a long list of people repossessed by GMAC, Kensington, SPML etc and those lenders were fined millions by the FSA for malpractice. I intend to get justice for them. It looks like I may have to add a new collection of victims of this Libor scandal. It's not only Barclays involved, the FSA are also investigating HSBC, RBS and others

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Yes I know quiet a few that were shafted by Kensington mortgages and they were sub-prime
              I'll PM you about this tomorrow if that's ok with you. I'm a bit emotionally exhausted tonight from watching Nadal lose in five sets to an unknown Czech

Comment

I've got a long list of people repossessed by GMAC, Kensington, SPML etc and those lenders were fined millions by the FSA for malpractice. I intend to get justice for them. It looks like I may have to add a new collection of victims of this Libor scandal. It's not only Barclays involved, the FSA are also investigating HSBC, RBS and others
                Perhaps you should start a tread on this Plan B as it will be an interesting one to follow.

Comment

I'll PM you about this tomorrow if that's ok with you. I'm a bit emotionally exhausted tonight from watching Nadal lose in five sets to an unknown Czech
                  Yes that is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    I was watching Balotelly score!
                    So maybe you can teach me the offside rule where others have failed

Comment

So maybe you can teach me the offside rule where others have failed
                      I could!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A good many of the sub-prime lenders were actually divisions of the big banks who now stand accused of rigging the Libor rate to their advantage - so there is a connection however indirect My one was J. P Morgan at the time and now disgraced

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          I'm afraid I'm as baffled by it as the rest... including the linesmen!
                          Victoria Beckham says she doesn't understand it even though David has tried to explain

Comment

A good many of the sub-prime lenders were actually divisions of the big banks who now stand accused of rigging the Libor rate to their advantage - so there is a connection however indirect My one was J. P Morgan at the time and now disgraced
                            Is that the same J.P Morgan that pays a certain ex prime minister - Tony Blair 3 million a year as a special advisor

I must go to spec savers as I thought this was a Labor fiddle
                            Last edited by Handyman; 28 June 2012, 22:27.
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Yes they will argue and argue, but unless someone puts there hard above the parapet and fight nothing will change and the consumer will carry on being ripped of by the city.

Many peoples lives have been wrecked here and as far as I am concerned that is worth fighting.

Those wrongdoers should be locked up as this is not a civil matter but a criminal one and if the law does not fit into that them it is Govt duty to change.

the sooner retail banking is split from investment the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X