GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I agree (I don't always agree with Allan ) The campaign would have been far more honest and open, though probably not honest and open enough, if politicians had been banned from campaigning.

I've read today that Lord Guthrie, the former defence chief, has changed sides from Remain to Leave because of the prospect of a European Army.
    Guthrie - ignore Guthrie - changes with the wind a right Stand Back chap, he is one of the ones who allowed the forces to be stripped back next to next to nothing, euro Army who thought of that we have NATO think about it. too many self esteemed idiots they are the minority in this world
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My OH is a member of Unison, and has now received a second letter from them, urging her to vote Remain, (whilst not telling her how to vote). Just too much.
      Last edited by Still Waving; 18 June 2016, 13:32.

Comment

The whole thing is totally murky, fuelled by vested interests of businesses, politicians, and anyone else with a profit to defend or an axe to grind.

I had to smile to myself this morning, though. I saw a notice in a local establishment announcing that if anyone needed help with understanding the issues of the referendum help was within. And the name of this august establishment - Wetherspoons!!! Think that says it all - do they expect the answer to be found at the bottom of a glass - or several glasses?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bloke in London has been advertising jobs for Polish builders only !!! He has been made to take it down .
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            The whole thing is totally murky, fuelled by vested interests of businesses, politicians, and anyone else with a profit to defend or an axe to grind.
            I couldn't agree more Phee.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

What's best for the man in the street is at the bottom of the considerations (or not on the list at all).

Comment

Cue more US intervention -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erendum-jo-cox

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

i very much doubt there will be any US intervention, despite the rubbish Clinton or Obama spouts.

Obama is a vile spineless individual despised by 90% of the US population. You know he's yet to publicly admit that there are radical Muslims inflicting terror worldwide....

And Clinton well...she's just plain corrupt with millions of hidden dollars she's got from her dodgy deals.

Most of the people II speak with here in the US say ...God help us if she becomes the next President, then shake their head and think hang on God help the us if Trump becomes President ! ....the problem is one of them is going to be the next President !

Personally my money would say Trump would make the best one despite his outspoken views he's in nobodies pocket as most politicians are.

Anyway back to our own issues and the referendum, whatever happens next week we the people in the street won't see any changes for the better for a good while, in fact probably for years even if it is a leave vote that most of us are hoping for.

Comment

Osbourne's on Peston he needs a sock in it, Peston wants winding up ... arrrrrrrrgh

Comment

And now there's a petition to cancel the EU Referendum!! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7088966.html

Comment

Peston very poor, didn't challenge Osborne on any of his assertions, just let him ramble on with what he wanted to say. Andrew Neil, in my opinion, is the only one who really challenges these politicians. ( And probably Paxo too.)

I agree with Alland that we won't see any change for some time, but I believe Brexit would put us on the right road, rather than being on one taking us to where we really don't want to be.

Comment

It seems that most, if not al,l who are posting on this thread want us to leave the EU. I'd rather that we as country be in charge rather than some faceless unelected Eurocrats.

Comment

Comment

That is so upsetting and tugs at the heart strings because true x

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                And now there's a petition to cancel the EU Referendum!! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7088966.html
                                I saw that Pixie. Give me strength!

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                                Peston very poor, didn't challenge Osborne on any of his assertions, just let him ramble on with what he wanted to say. Andrew Neil, in my opinion, is the only one who really challenges these politicians. ( And probably Paxo too.)
                                I agree about Peston - he has turned out to be a big disappointment. Also agree about Andrew Neil - I am very impressed with him, wonder if it is journalistic background? Paxo seems to have gone very quiet since he no longer fronts Newsnight, pity, really - as I always liked him.

Michael Crick (another journalist!) has really upset Boris and got himself banned from attending any of his meetings.

If it wasn't such a serious and far-reaching topic, all this would be funny and very entertaining. And I still can't decide how to vote ....

Comment

Working...
                                X