GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

don't know how they've got the nerve Cameron such lies can't be doing with I t , even the Tories are revolting (ahem) x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I find this particularly dismaying.
      Germany is advocating a European army and the UK may not be happy

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/02/germa...pean-army.html

Extract -

In this and other areas, its tone reflects Germany's growing clout and confidence in pursuing a foreign policy backed by elements of hard power. Initiatives range from strengthening cyberwarfare abilities to contentious proposals to relax the postwar restrictions on army operations within Germany.

"German security policy has relevance — also far beyond our country," the paper states. "Germany is willing to join early, decisively and substantially as a driving force in international debates . . . to take responsibility and assume leadership".

Comment

I find that truly awfull , it seems to me Merkle runs the show , I think out of the 28 Germany are the only ones in the black.I have said our military are the finest and most professional in the world I would hate to see them swallowed up.x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

West mids police have revealed between 2011/15 they spent 7.6m on translaters.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            even the Tories are revolting (ahem) x
            I think they are ALL revolting, Nanna.

And we have another FOUR WEEKS of this backbiting and dragging up irrelevant names from the past. Although, I haven't heard many names lately - surely they have not run out????

Comment

Fed up with it now Phee x

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                West mids police have revealed between 2011/15 they spent 7.6m on translaters.
                that could of been with hubby, he does seem to burble when he leaves a pub.

Comment

Just realised I got the maths wrong! It is actually THREE weeks to voting day - before any smart a****s point it out! Still feels like too long ...

Love the bit about your hubby, NW!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1410974

Okay a little more seriously ..
                    The latest conspiracy theory is that we will remain whatever the vote.
                    It is fairly widely agreed that a "out" vote will lead to temporary period of economic confusion (might be weeks, months or longer depending on which side you listen to). There could also be tense negotiations on all sorts of subjects. Plus the EU could try to make UK sit on the naughty step for a bit.

IF Dave remains in charge then he could make things look pretty bad for UK and with the media help convince UK they made the wrong decision.
                    When appropriate some bright legal expert will remind everyone of a little publicised law (already enacted) that allows the government to declare any election or referendum nul and void if it was based on misleading information, fraud or that kind of thing. It would be a very clever lawyer who could convince a court that all the information given by either party was correct. So the result could be annulled.

Comment

Exactly Alland , we read that there would indeed be a naughty step also they try to block any potential trade deals we may do with EU members. Wouldn't it be refreshing if it were HONEST, I'm still voting out out out .But it's all speculation and scare tactics.x

Comment

Here's a question, If we come out it will take 2 years to finally be free.Surley we can negotiate trade in that time ,mind you we have lots of trade going on with non EU members.Makes me think that it's not to do with us ultimately it will be decided by EU.

Comment

having spoken in the far east on many occasions with people, they state that originally UK joined EU and they were left to find new areas of trade, new outlets they formed over time cover the far east (trading partners), therefore with transport cost etc why trade UK>>>???? exchange rates and other issues raised??? so be practical

Comment

If we come out it takes 2 years from when the government invokes article 50, during which time all sorts of things can be renegotiated, including terms of EU membership.There is a new treaty being dream up in Europe in the next few years.

Comment

At the speed at which the wheels of government turn I would think 2 years would pass in the blink of an eye, if it is a out vote it will take a whole lot longer than 2 years to be free of Brussels...in fact I would go as far as to say even if we do chose to go it alone, we'll never be completely free of Brussels !

Comment

Are you saying I am not practical ? I can assure you I most definitely am. What I hate is lies , it has to be lies coz no one backs anything up with facts , never mind the figures you can do anything with numbers . If anyone else says "we are only a small country " I'll scream , we fought 2 wars and did well looking after ourself for millennia we can do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X