GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

never noticed

my big cuddly lab has a pinkish collar and he's a great big boy..........................

Comment

Interesting that the FTSE100, which plunged on opening this morning recovered to end 3.15% down. Markets around the world are down, many by much more than the FTSE at the moment. Notably the German DAX ended down 6.82% and the French CAC40 ended 8.04% down.

Sterling is of course down, I think much of it due to the "£100bn parasite bankers, rapacious currency traders and hedge funds" as the Daily Mail put it, who were on an "all night feeding frenzy". JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs got a mention.

Commodities - Gold, Silver and Platinum are all up.
      Last edited by Still Waving; 24 June 2016, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
        Except that Morgan Stanley have denied that they are moving and said it is a lie.
        Frankfurt has been trying to get banks and financial people to move there for a few years now, so if/when rumours come out about anyone moveing there, it was started well before the referendum was held
        Well, at the moment all you see and hear is doom and gloom. If the majority won, why isn't everyone celebrating? Could it be that many voted without knowing what they were actually voting for or what to expect?

It was Cameron who came up with the idea of a referendum, if he thought being in the EU was best, why hold a referendum in the first place? He's not asked the people what we think of a lot of his policies and "reforms" so why ask about this? He seems to be caught completely by surprise, maybe he was expecting the majority to vote remain so he could just say "the people have said they are happy in Europe..." and that would be his argument for any decision he made.

Maybe it would be more appropriate to have a larger majority for issues like this one, something like 60/40 or even 70/30 rather than 50/50.As it stands, there are still close to 18 million people who voted to remain, it wasn't exactly a unanimous "leave" vote.

Comment

We are a day, yes ONE day into this new dawn! We haven't even formally left the EU yet! Of course the price of the pound was going to drop today, how uncertain has all this been for the last few days?

Let's stop being so negative. The people have spoken. We are not 'doomed', 'f***ed' or any other negative word. There are a number of countries in Europe surviving well outside the EU, plus how many other countries currently have an anti-EU government?! This is the start of the end of the EU.

This referendum would never have been needed if the government had not given in to every whim forced on us by the EU. The ordinary people of the UK have voted to show the government that there is life outside their closseted London.

Ive been a conservative voter for over 30 years, but this current lot have left nothing but a sour taste in my mouth.
          Following this referendum, hopefully over the next couple of years we might just get a government that begins to understand it need to listen to the electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooster View Post
            Morgan Stanley announce they are moving 2000 jobs from London so thats 2000 people a) unemployed so claiming benefit, b) not paying tax on income, c) not spending in the local economy

If this rumour was even true your opinion that 2000 jobs will be lost is seriously flawed. First off Morgan Stanley staff based in London come from many of their other overseas offices.and would move with the company, much of the UK workforce will find it very easy to move to another financial institution, the Private banking industry is thriving in the UK and all over the world.

I hope everyone is satisfied
            Yes that we voted leave !

On top of that we face a return to the Troubles in Northern Ireland and the break up of Great Britain as Scotland goes it alone

And where are your facts drawn from regarding this fantasy ?

The vast majority of younger people voted in , it was older people who voted out and they will be dead before the true pain hits

What the older voters have done is secure the future for our children / Grandchildren

By the way, as the £ drops , oil hence petrol hence all goods will increase in price, imported goods will increase in price.
            To those that like to go on booze cruises and stock up on cheap fags and drink that will be gone

Maybe in the short term but we can live with that

There is one reason and one reason only that fart farce (Trump) thinks it is a good idea and that is because it benefits the U.S. because it weakens Europe , he doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything other than the USA

You obviously have very little knowledge of Trump or US politics ....
            See above answers in bold in response to your Scaremongering Bollox ....

Comment

Thank you Allan x

God knows what government would listen and do what outside London wants , is there such a thing ? Sick now of hearing gloom let's roll up our sleeves and get us on the road to being Great Britain again. The way it's being covered is like someone died ,phrases like ,come to terms , what the hell ?

PS. Maybe government should be moved to outside London ,Birmingham ,Manchester .?
              Last edited by nanna58; 25 June 2016, 06:45.
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I and AAD both wanted out and our dream occurred.

Whilst I fully appreciate some of you will be furious at the vote, it's happened now - a bit like when the fools voted us in in 1973 - but it's done and we move on as a more successful country who controls itself and its own borders; thankfully just in time before 500,000 Turks overran the country.

All I've seen (and suffered) is the EU way, mainly thanks to my parents and their parents so we've now given that privilege to our kids & grandkids to experience. Having nothing, no free travel through Europe and not going to university was the norm pre 70's. The pampered kids nowadays think university is a given right. It isn't. They think it'll affect studying and travel. Didums - get a bloody job then like we had to. We could never afford to spunk it for a year travelling.

Thank you British public - for saving us.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Well I and AAD both wanted out and our dream occurred.

Whilst I fully appreciate some of you will be furious at the vote, it's happened now - a bit like when the fools voted us in in 1973 - but it's done and we move on as a more successful country who controls itself and its own borders; thankfully just in time before 500,000 Turks overran the country.

All I've seen (and suffered) is the EU way, mainly thanks to my parents and their parents so we've now given that privilege to our kids & grandkids to experience. Having nothing, no free travel through Europe and not going to university was the norm pre 70's. The pampered kids nowadays think university is a given right. It isn't. They think it'll affect studying and travel. Didums - get a bloody job then like we had to. We could never afford to spunk it for a year travelling.

Thank you British public - for saving us.
                  Hi Niddy
                  Couldn't agree with you more. Had to work and fight for everything. Stand up for what I knew was right.
                  Yes these Isles and its wonderful people have stood up again for decency and honesty.
                  Roger

Comment

Excuse me Fools who voted us in ? prior to the original entry (lot changed as years went on) we were at the mercy of a Dictatorial Government Policy in as much that wages were (Outside of London) Agricultural wages (low of the Low) (without tied cottages) as we worked if lucky outside the farming area of business, and working for pittance i.e. £9-12 per week if you were lucky, no hand outs such as Tax credits only child allowances as extra income. Farmers were going out of Business fast no real subsidies to help them, (Exmoor farmers were hit hard & Many other areas) with bankruptcies! In the real world then it was tough for families, so you can see why another system was needed to be tried, initially things picked up albeit not a lot but then as usual Politicians from all over got greedy and argued amongst themselves here & in EEC areas (single market) = all went down hill from that i.e. Prices/Greedy CEO's / Companies = & More jobs for the Boys!

All at the expense of Joe Public. Now the Thrash back by Joe Public, wonder if the Politician on all sides will have learnt a lesson (my bets in words only Not deeds)?
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 25 June 2016, 12:40.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Excellent read Nid, totally agree.A young mother had been on this morning furious in case baby can't get to uni, so what ! I am furious about keep on hearing ,"it's the old people" overloading NHS now blamed for voting out. I voted out and am proud to have done so, if I am needed to roll up my sleeves and help get us great again so be it.Ive always worked and had to work hard ,never had it easy .

Comment

My "fools" remark is tongue in cheek - point being the same people who voted in back in 73 & 75 are the ones now voting out (Young back then, pensioners now).

They hoped things would change for the better. It hasn't. They know best. Kids nowadays are generally nothing but work shy and rude (minus the exception). The EU has handed an easy life on a platter and that's wrong. Anyone over 40 will recall parents back then having several jobs.

Up to get us ready for school. Job 1. Home at 3 to sort us out then when other parent came in they went off to job 2 and occasionally went straight to job 3 (nightclub). Hard times indeed.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thousands of remainers have signed a petition for another referendum to hand in to number 10 !!!! The wealthy and luvvies no doubt. BTW we were 2 of the fools back then , but signed up for common market trade totally different to the shambles of the EU now.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            Thousands of remainers have signed a petition for another referendum to hand in to number 10 !!!! The wealthy and luvvies no doubt. BTW we were 2 of the fools back then , but signed up for common market trade totally different to the shambles of the EU now.
                            Yep!! The EEC (single market)

Comment

Noticed this century old poem by G.K.Chesterton.

We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet

Yet there is no man speaketh as we speak in the street

Smile at us, pay us, pass us.But do not forget.

For we are the people of England and we haven't spoken yet.

Thursday we did.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                It's now over a million! Would they have argued if they'd been the ones that won? Would they hell as like!

I too was one of the 'fools' who voted to stay in the Common Market...for the trade agreement. I didn't vote to be governed by Brussels. We've lived through it and seen that it hasn't worked and that we've had more and more idiotic regulations foisted on us so yes, now we've voted to leave. Just because the Leave vote won doesn't mean that we will go back to how things were in the past. Hopefully we will have learned some lessons, take what good has come from the EU (and there has been some) and progress forward as a proud nation rather than a European "state."

Cameron got it totally wrong. If he'd stuck to his original Eurosceptic views and headed the Leave campaign he would now be hailed as a hero who stood up to the EU and told them where they could stick it. Instead he looked at his own future as a Eurocrat or a "consultant" on the board of a corporation.

Anyway, enough of the "post mortems", let's roll up our sleeves and make our country great again.

The EU never liked us anyway as evidenced by the remark that Juncker made - " It won't be an amicable divorce - it wasn't exactly a tight love affair anyway."
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X