GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

I think there are some good speakers on the Leave side, and they can engage in debate and put their points across without the ranting.

I think they show more dignity than some of the superannuated politicians - yesterday's men - who have been wheeled out to attack them.

Comment

I agree about Gove, Nanna. I have completely changed my mind about him.

And, although I have little time for Farage, I think he made a credible point about the fact that Cameron, Georgie Porgie, et. al. are "career politicians" who entered politics straight from Oxford and have never had "proper jobs". Think I read somewhere that Farage was a banker (!) - well, perhaps not very aspirational but at least it was not in politics!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        I agree about Gove, Nanna. I have completely changed my mind about him.

And, although I have little time for Farage, I think he made a credible point about the fact that Cameron, Georgie Porgie, et. al. are "career politicians" who entered politics straight from Oxford and have never had "proper jobs". Think I read somewhere that Farage was a banker (!) - well, perhaps not very aspirational but at least it was not in politics!
        I think he was a commodities broker.
        Last edited by Still Waving; 15 June 2016, 20:03.

Comment

Well either way he's a business man best for the country I think , please don't shout at me, but Trump is a successful business man rather than a career politician xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Just started watching David Dimbleby interviewing Michael Gove - quite impressed with Gove so far (and it is a far better alternative to unlimited boring football!)
            There's another alternative Phee - don't bother having the tv on!

I really didn't like Gove when he was in charge of Education but he's certainly making sense (and with dignity) of the argument to leave.

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            Well either way he's a business man best for the country I think , please don't shout at me, but Trump is a successful business man rather than a career politician xx
            It's interesting that most of the successful entrepreneurs (like Bamford and Dyson) are for leaving while the big corporations (who get EU funding and employ EU immigrants) are for remaining.
            Allan and I have said that about Trump and that we need a successful businessman as PM rather than a career politician who doesn't understand the real world that the rest of us live in.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Woop woop !!!

Comment

Some interesting snippets contained in this article -

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/forget-dish...ave-eu-1565446

Comment

That's a very interesting read SW. None of the lies, scaremongering and personal insults etc that havemarred this campaign. The last paragraph is especially interesting and quite poignant. What on earth are the future generation going to think about us if we vote to remain?

Comment

My thoughts exactly Pixie x

Comment

Thoughts can be dangerous - like both sides and their if/but/only s, use ones head to the reality of a proper world, and not gobbly gook from hands in pocket politicians, Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Personally I would have liked to see politicians from both sides of the fence banned from public campaigns to try and influence people one way or the other.
                        I would have preferred debates by impartial economists / businessmen to give their opinions and let us draw our own conclusions without being pressurised by "what ifs"

At the end of the day we the Electorate only have our own reasons for voting one way or the other ..maybe we don't like the immigration policies forced upon us by the EU ..maybe we don't like the money we pay to the EU each week...maybe we just don't like being told
                        how to run our country by unelected Eurocrats...?

What I do believe is we the average "Joe Public" know less or at best the same as the so called political experts ...In gods name I hope we get it right next week for the future of our kids /grandkids ....

Comment

I agree, the inflammatory behaviour of the politicians is really irritating me and has been counter productive. If there is an out vote it will have been caused by the mismanagement of the process by number 10.

My greatest fear is over all the laws etc that are being held back until after the election. If we vote to remain there are a few things that are going to be imposed on us which could make us quickly regret the decision!

Comment

There is a letter from a lady in Finland in the paper today, begging us to vote out so that they can also ,apparently they want out and have been told that the EU are going to sanction them ( i cant remember why) she says the country is completely different because of all the immigration they have to take on.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post

My greatest fear is over all the laws etc that are being held back until after the election. If we vote to remain there are a few things that are going to be imposed on us which could make us quickly regret the decision!
                              Yes, hold back anything that is likely to push the vote to OUT. But in the ordinary run of things "You don't like it? Well have it anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                                Personally I would have liked to see politicians from both sides of the fence banned from public campaigns to try and influence people one way or the other.
                                I would have preferred debates by impartial economists / businessmen to give their opinions and let us draw our own conclusions without being pressurised by "what ifs"
                                I agree (I don't always agree with Allan ) The campaign would have been far more honest and open, though probably not honest and open enough, if politicians had been banned from campaigning.

I've read today that Lord Guthrie, the former defence chief, has changed sides from Remain to Leave because of the prospect of a European Army.

Comment

Working...
                                X