GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Did anyone see John Major on Andrew Marr? He was eloquent, passionate and persuasive.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Any one read that EU will tax everyone of us , proposals after the referendum.Did see some of f major it's probably because I don't like him and find him boring I wondered off .x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
        We were very impressed with Gove. x
        Originally posted by alland View Post
        Gove for PM .....at last a politician who doesn't appear to be in the job for his own agenda...
        I didn't watch the Gove debate myself, but my son's in-laws did, and they were very impressed. to the extent that he persuaded them to vote "out". The last time I spoke to them they were very certainly "in"!

I did watch a bit of the Cameron broadcast but had to turn the telly off, because he really got on my nerves!

And, just to be facetious (again!) I was impressed with Nick Clegg's statement about Boris being "like Donald Trump with a thesaurus". Loved it! (Bet Trump thinks that the thesaurus is an extinct animal!)

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Did anyone see John Major on Andrew Marr? He was eloquent, passionate and persuasive.
          i could think of a few words to describe John Major but non of them that you mention Cym .....

He never had anything useful to say when he was PM ..I'm surprised he even knows there is a referendum on ...

Comment

Osbourne says the border between northern and southern would close if we leave , the Irish pm says no it wouldnt it would make no difference. Mmmmm

Comment

We all know we pay lots of VAT the EU takes a percentage which is why we pay a lot in.The better our economy does the more they take.Hubbies just researched it.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                We all know we pay lots of VAT the EU takes a percentage which is why we pay a lot in.The better our economy does the more they take.Hubbies just researched it.
                nanna don't get me started on VAT ...

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  nanna don't get me started on VAT ...
                  Oh no nanna! Now you've made him grumpy(er)

I haven't watched any of the debates but I have read quite a lot. Nothing I've read has persuaded me to change my point of view.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Pixie I'll come and get you , hang on !

Comment

Farage is talking like a plonker tonight. Think the Brexit lot need to do something to shut him up.

Comment

Cameron not very good, either. I can't imagine his having the negotiating skills with the other heads of state in the EU - bet Merkel, Hollande, et. al. will run rings round him.

Thought this debate might help me make up my mind - hasn't helped at all! Wish they would go "head to head" - wonder why not?

And now someone is going on about Magna Carta - give me strength!

I did read somewhere that this referendum is a Tory party squabble, which has just escalated!

Comment

Everything Cameron negotiated for hasn't been passed yet and won't be till after the 23rd.I do actually think farage talks sense at least that's what folk in the West mids think, we have got white no areas Birmingham way, and that's not right in our own country.
                          If you want a straight talker ask a black country person , you might not understand them but you will get the truth like it or lump it.
                          Jean Claude Junker says if we leave UK we will be punished , how dare he .It's our money they want nothing more.

Comment

Shows how people's perceptions can differ. I thought Farage did quite well in the face of constant heckling from his questioners, all of whom seemed determined to not let him speak. Hmmmm ....

On the other hand Cameron's questioners for the most part only responded after letting him have his say.

It's a pity the BBC news seems not to cover the problems within Europe, such as the deep divisions in other countries regarding the EU, the vigilante groups targeting immigrants in a number of countries, the anti-rape courses for immigrants in Norway (they think Farage is scaremongering), and so on. These seem only to be covered by other media. Many people just do not realise the extent of the problems facing the EU.

Comment

Here's an interesting thought .... If it was a vote to enter the EU in its present state, what would people vote ?

Comment

Taking a dispassionate look at this.
                                1/ Europe as it is with its EAST WEST economic divide hasn't been solved.
                                2/ Refugees creating SOUTH NORTH crisis that is adding to 1/ above.

3/ UK is in the middle of so called Austerity measures (5 years). Cameron was given a mandate for this economic Austerity. What has He done? Well divided His own Party so that He needs the Opposition to support Him in this campaign.

What He has done is to throw this economic plan to the wind! He should immediately cancel the referendum!
                                Europe needs UK money with Germany and France to solve its problems 1/ above! Take UK money away and that increases the burden on EAST WEST economic divide.
                                Cameron knows that whatever happens because of 1/ and 2/ UK contribution to Europe must increase and that Europe Politically and Economically is a sick man!
                                I will explain the contribution depends upon the Pound Euro conversion rate. If Euro to Pound then the Contribution (value goes up in Euro terms!).
                                However if the Euro goes up relative to the Pound ! Then UK contribution would need to increase to compensate for the fall in value of the Pound!
                                These sterling £ figures being thrown don't give the whole picture without seeing the rates for Euro to and or from £

The Exit position isn't straight forward it will be a extrication (and this will Cost with more money given to Europe there will whatever happens be re-negotiations) . The UK eventually can blossom without Europe but this won't be overnight!

In other words the Conservative 5 years Austerity plan has gone out of the window whatever happens with the Vote. Cameron cannot Unite the Conservatives and there will (whatever happens) be a political and economic change. The Austerity of staying in or leaving will now be equally Bad. It will not be business as Normal!
                                Last edited by Roger; 8 June 2016, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X