GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    To be fair if we vote out you can bet your life there would be another vote. It happend to Ireland. Keep voting till you get the answer you want.
    Shame we don't get "second chances" at life, isn't it????

And I did catch the end of the Paxman programme and he certainly seemed in favour of leaving. I have to confess that I am gradually leaning towards voting "out" - don't like the comments in the media about if being an "older generation" option, though ....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It seems it's the older generation that are draining the NHS ....... poppycock
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, Nanna, poppycock indeed!

Don't think this government really values pensioners- even though we pay tax on even modest pensions!

Comment

I'm slowly swaying to leave as well

I have good reasons, fisheries, disgraceful way that has been dealt with we go on holiday to a well known town which used to be a fishing port, couple of lobster and crab boats, everything else is based somewhere else and you're lucky if there are two boats in in the space of the week. EU did for the rest.

Nicola Sturgeon wants to be in - anything she wants can't be good

I think Boris and Gove are sensible people, they are certainly not daft

I'm with you Allan I think it will be a little dodgy financially until everything settles and then I can see no reason at all why we wouldn't just get along

I'm pretty fed up of all these foreign eejits telling us what to do (i'm talking about you Mr President, will you ever learn not to interfere?) and how absolutely dare you threaten us with a poor trade deal?

Immigration bothers me but from a financial point of view, we just can't afford it. Immigrants who have walked across Europe or Africa have nothing, therefore how can we pay for everything for them. I keep hearing about unaccompanied children in France, how can there be unaccompanied children? who in their right mind would send a small child to walk to Calais? why weren't they stopped before Calais it all smells a bit off. and it really aggravates me to death to see the people in Calais and elsewhere compared to the Jewish children brought here on the kinder transport, not the same at all, money was never the reason, it was saving their lives from a lunatic.

I think the BBC and the media in general have behaved in a pretty disgraceful manner, their bias is so obvious it's like a beacon shining for all to see, that's actually not what we pay a license fee for. I am also annoyed at the eejits who comprise the EU, David Cameron had a good chance to go and shlep around Europe begging them to see that if they didn't give up their wee perks (child benefit for children who have never been here, automatic right to benefits, houses, bloody translators, we would go, he was honest and needed to come back with something concrete, they were so bloody greedy and self serving, they wanted to hang on to everything, I wonder if they know that if we go, the whole thing will drain quietly down the nearest drain...................Eastern Europeans should be taking a good look at themselves here.

so I'm out, can't be doing with the self serving smug bampots who only think of themselves and actually think that there way of running things is better than ours, need to read a bit of recent history, we ain't perfect but we are a lot nearer than quite a few of our European neighbours, they couldn't even pick the best pishy pop song without arranging themselves in political lines, pathetic

and finally I don't like referendums, the Scottish one caused endless trouble, miss fussy knickers in Edinburgh refuses to accept the will of the majority of Scottish people so what actually is the point?

Comment

Well said Mrs D , the only reason we can think of regarding those children is they want them to be settled then follow on.Last week we did thousands of pounds in car sales to the USA and China ,mmmmmm no trade eh .xxx

Comment

There's been a 2010 interview with Cameron this morning saying , he wants Turkey in the EU as soon as possible, in a live interview this morning he said they won't be joining soon if will take a long time.Bums on fire !!!

Comment

Just seen Boris on the news, talking in York. He compared the EU with Dick Turpin, the highwayman, and the crowd absolutely loved it! He is such a good speaker.

Think I might compile a list of historical figures whose name has been invoked in this campaign. Not seen anything about Shakespeare - yet .....

Comment

I've been in the leave camp from the start but my worries about the referendum are that many people won't bother to vote, that the young might be 'taken in' by the doom and gloom Cameron and his buddies say will happen if we vote to leave and that those of lesser intelligence/interest will also believe Project Fear and not see it for the hyperbole I believe it is. I fear for my children's/granchildren's lives if we vote to remain.

I agree that there will be a period of uncertainty and possibly recession if we leave but I believe that it's a small price to pay to regain control of OUR country.

I read this yesterday and agree with every word he says. It's a very interesting read.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I totally agree Pixie xx excellent read xx

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Think I might compile a list of historical figures whose name has been invoked in this campaign. Not seen anything about Shakespeare - yet .....
                      Another good thing to compile would be all the fear-monger headlines. There have been so many but one I saw the other week was
                      'Brexit' could trigger World War Three warns Cameron.
                      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ld-war-7928607

That pretty much takes the biscuit as only just one notch short of Chicken Licken's sky falling down ...
                      They really are desperate. When you see all the status-quo establishment system-server cronies from around the world piling on the fear about what would happen if the UK left the EU ... if it's something they want so badly, it can't be good for us! When has anything decreed by senior politicians or investment banks or the IMF ever benefited ordinary average citizens of any country ...

David Icke (bless his socks) sums it up very well:
                      It is pathetic to behold as all the system-servers from Obama to the IMF line up to tell the people of Britain they must stay in the EU – or else. My father once recalled how a sergeant major told him and his fellow trainees during World War II that there was one rule they should never forget … when they were being told to go one way and the staff cars were going the other – they should go the other.

The theme is so applicable to what we are seeing with regard to the EU referendum as the agents and arse-lickers of the global Establishment desperately seek to serve their hidden masters by using fear to bend the British people to their will.
                      https://www.davidicke.com/article/36...tish-people-eu

Comment

Two Britons living abroad have lost their Supreme Court battle over the right to vote in June's EU referendum.

The UK's highest court upheld the decisions of both the High Court and Court of Appeal.

UK citizens are not eligible to vote on 23 June if they have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36370522

Comment

Cameron s addmited we are ruled by Brussels and not our government ,........ Really would never have guessed xx

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                            Another good thing to compile would be all the fear-monger headlines. There have been so many but one I saw the other week was
                            'Brexit' could trigger World War Three warns Cameron.
                            Good idea, Pip. But there have been so many scary headlines I would probably run out of time - or lose the will to live!

And I totally agree, Pixie, about all the "doom and scare-mongering".

Personally, I think Cameron is like a puppet - he can only quote what his so-called "advisers" have told him to say. If faced with talking "off the cuff" he struggles and bumbles - and makes these sweeping statements. If the Brexit campaigners won it would be a really bonus if Cameron was forced out of office!

Comment

He's institutionalised. It's all he knows. He doesn't live in the real world. He went to school, then uni, then straight into politics/civil service. All politicians are the same.

Comment

All those brave servicemen and women who fought for our country in two World Wars will be turning in their graves at how easily we've let the EU rule us.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X