GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tryingto's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tryingto's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryingto's UE Diary

Hello all,

I'm trying to get myself organised and really hoping this diary will help me (definitely can't hurt!). To cut a long story short, I got myself into a huge amount of debt and after a drastic change in circumstances things finally spiralled out of control and I got default after default and just couldn't recover from it. Eventually I got help from CAB and I have been paying token payments for a few years (but stopped most of these relatively recently). I sent my CCA requests a couple of years ago but didn't get very far (despite writing repeatedly by recorded delivery). With Niddy's brilliant advice and help though I have been lucky enough to get letters for two accounts saying they are on hold as they are unable to locate the required paperwork! I can't tell you the relief when I got those, thanks very much again Nid.

Barclaycard - I have been paying token payments for around 5 years. I thought I still was ( ;Red ) but actually just realised I did in fact cancel my token payment since I can't get my CCA from Barclays. All I have ever gotten is a set of terms and conditions and despite many letters Barclays never sent anything else. I have never received a default on this account.

Cahoot - Almost certain this is enforceable. Has been sold on to several collectors. Not sure who it is currently with.

MBNA- They have sent me an application which they say acts as a CCA (it says CCA on it too) and a set of terms, but some of the terms the sent don't relate to the corresponding numbered points on the application form. They won't send me anything else so I stopped token payments.

Egg - No idea where I am on this one in truth, but will get my paperwork together and figure it out. It was finally sold to a collector (after being with several others)

Nat West - Have stopped asking for any CCA info as nothing is ever sent from any of the debt collection companies claiming to own the account. Haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Cabot- Small account. They have sent me something but it is illegible and just cannot be read. They say it isn't and have written in detail several times essentially telling me it meets all legal requirements. They write to chase me maybe once a week. I stopped token payments.

Phew, I know it is an awful lot. I'm still really embarrassed about getting myself into this state but it feels better to write it down. Thanks for bearing with me!

Re: Tryingto's UE Diary

Hiya

Please read this and provide the info requested for each account - thanks: ---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Niddy and sorry I missed the instructions for layout. I will try and get all of that information together as quickly as I can and amend the post. Hope that is okay. Thanks again.

Comment

Barclaycard

Balance approx £5000.
        Arrangement to pay, token payment, had been in place for approx 5 years.
        Stopped payments approx 3 months ago.
        Account opened 2000.

Wrote to Barclaycard repeatedly in 2008 and 2009 requesting CCA.
        Was supplied with a photocopied terms and conditions in 2009.
        Wrote to them in March 2010, again asking for a copy of an actual credit agreement. No response from Barclaycard.
        No further contact since March 2010.

Comment

MBNA

Balance approx £6000.
          Owned by DCA (Had been with a succession of collectors prior to this)
          Default Date September 2005
          Paid token payments as arranged by CAB, various debt collectors all tried for these to be increased but I just kept paying these.
          Stopped paying approx 9 months ago.
          Account opened 2000.

Wrote to DCA several in 2008 requesting CCA.
          Received reply in 2008 from DCA requesting more information from me.
          Received letter from DCA saying they did not hold the requested information and I should wait 30 days.
          DCA wrote to CAB in January 2009 supplying five copy statements from 2004 (no idea why)
          Received several letters (as per usual) advising I was being taken to court in early 2009

I sent several dispute letters to DCA throughout 2009, explaining no actual CCA provided (hoping that was right).
          Received copy of application form in 2009. Impossible to read small print at bottom, says application form but also says credit agreement (not absolutely certain if unenforceable or not)
          I sent account in dispute letter end of 2009 because application form provided.
          Stopped paying early 2010.
          Haven't heard anything from DCA since last chasing letter a few months ago.

Comment

Hiya

Re the two accounts above, continue to ignore them being you have done so for so long already....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do, Nid. Thanks very much.
              Will send over my MBNA application they sent (which I think is unenforceable) as soon as I get access to a scanner, and will post more info as soon as I get some more organised. Cheers.

Comment

Ok, cheers y

Comment

Working...
                X