GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Pixie,

I am so impressed that, in the midst of all this rubbish being thrown at you, you have not lost your sense of humour - and the ability to spot grammatical errors! A girl after my own heart - long may it continue!
    I don't see why Pixie would need to lose her humour, unless she was going to the Pub for a Meal with some Friends - do you? Maybe she could take her Dog with her, on a Lead? To find the Pub was closed!

(I hope the above are nouns and i've not lost my street-cred will to live - eeeek)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I don't see why Pixie would need to lose her humour
      She needs a sense of humour considering who she supports & where she comes from lol.

Comment

I don't see why Pixie would need to lose her humour, unless she was going to the Pub for a Meal with some Friends - do you? Maybe she could take her Dog with her, on a Lead? To find the Pub was closed!

(I hope the above are nouns and i've not lost my street-cred will to live - eeeek)
        They are indeed nouns, Niddy - and you know that as well as any of us! But, it might damage your street cred more if you admit to knowing such a thing
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are indeed nouns, Niddy - and you know that as well as any of us! But, it might damage your street cred more if you admit to knowing such a thing
          shhhhhh
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
            They are part of LTSB as are SCM, it should say this at the bottom of the letter, all the letters i had said 'MHA/SCM is a trading name of LTSB'

Muppets.
            Didn't get around to reading the small print at the bottom of the letter - OH was here and we had better things to do

Pixie,

I am so impressed that, in the midst of all this rubbish being thrown at you, you have not lost your sense of humour - and the ability to spot grammatical errors! A girl after my own heart - long may it continue!
            Perhaps it's our generation but I hate grammatical errors. Don't even get me started on text-speak!

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
            She needs a sense of humour considering who she supports & where she comes from lol.
            You're not wrong there Swanny!!!

Oooooh, scary stuff eh? Nope, not really!

They are all the same really, its a bloody joke how they think changing a name makes us think they have "sold the account" - idiots think we're idiots! Anyway, moving swiftly on, can you confirm when you sent the threat of litigation response to SCM?
            Sent it on 24th Janauary '11.

So they are saying they'll do a search to check for property ownership, then realise you don't own one and ermmmm, do nothing!

Yep, i'd be shitting myself at this Pixie, quick - catch a flight to Cuba and never come back
            I hope you're coming back!!!

As you can tell, the sarcasm flows tonight - yep, you guessed it - ignore this nonsense and lets see what they are going to do when they find out you don't have a mortgage!
            Will do.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Snotty letter received from Rockwell's (re M&S card) saying that they responded to the same letter in January. They are referring back to M&S for further instructions.

Will wait and see what happens next

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
                Snotty letter received from Rockwell's (re M&S card) saying that they responded to the same letter in January. They are referring back to M&S for further instructions.

Will wait and see what happens next
                Yep, see what they want to do next yea?

Comment

Received a letter today from Fredrickson's re Capital One (UE). As I've provided evidence of their client complying with my cca request, they would be grateful if I could confirm what my dispute is. If I'm disputing the agreement than I have to contact Capital One's complaint department.

Are they being deliberatley obtuse or just plain thick??!!

Really feel like I want to send a very sarcastic letter back but should I just ignore?

Also received a letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors re Santander card (enforceable because of date) - Notice of Pending Legal Action.

It says that they have been instructed to prepare court papers for issue against me for non-payment of the debt. They will rely on my reply (or lack of any reply) in deciding what further action to take.

This letter seems more formal than other solicitor's letters I've received. It goes on to say "please consider this letter to be a Letter of Claim under the Practice Direction (Protocols) pusuant to the Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

Do I write and tell them that I can't pay it as I have been claiming JSA for the last 11 months (while it's still ttrue)? Do I make a F&F offer (but as the debt is close to £4K it would only be a low offer which they probably wouldn't accept)? Or do I ignore it and see if they serve court papers?

Comment

Received a letter today from Fredrickson's re Capital One (UE). As I've provided evidence of their client complying with my cca request, they would be grateful if I could confirm what my dispute is. If I'm disputing the agreement than I have to contact Capital One's complaint department.

Are they being deliberatley obtuse or just plain thick??!! Really feel like I want to send a very sarcastic letter back but should I just ignore?
                    I would send a quick reply back, reading back - this was an application form right? So to respond, just send Fredricksons a copy of your letter that you sent Crappy 1 (from this post here: #35) and say "this is the reason I am disputing the account". Leave it at that!

The actual template in question though, is this one (however send a photocopy of the exact one you sent originally with the same date etc on it) ---> CCA Query - Application Form Received

Also received a letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors re Santander card (enforceable because of date) - Notice of Pending Legal Action.

It says that they have been instructed to prepare court papers for issue against me for non-payment of the debt. They will rely on my reply (or lack of any reply) in deciding what further action to take. This letter seems more formal than other solicitor's letters I've received. It goes on to say "please consider this letter to be a Letter of Claim under the Practice Direction (Protocols) pusuant to the Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

Do I write and tell them that I can't pay it as I have been claiming JSA for the last 11 months (while it's still ttrue)? Do I make a F&F offer (but as the debt is close to £4K it would only be a low offer which they probably wouldn't accept)? Or do I ignore it and see if they serve court papers?
                    Its up to you, you may be best for the moment sending this back to them (a new letter) - Yes, I know it suggests you have never received a CCA but that's fine - just act daft (not hard) ---> Threat of Legal Action - CCA Request in Default

Then see what that does. Worse case here, they issue papers at which point you could then agree to a repayment plan or just continue to ignore them and let them CCJ you (if it ever goes that far).... as you say, you have no assets that they can touch so don't capitulate right now (unless you want to..?)

Comment

Letter received today from Debt Managers (re Barclaycard UE account) in response to my Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action sent 24th Feb. They say their client has fulfilled their obligation under s78. Go on to say that, under OFT guidelines, the agreement does not have to include my signature of the date I signed it.

They have included an I&E form so I can send an offer of repayment.

I wonder what has happened to their threat of sending court papers within 7 days if I didn't pay in full (post #161)?

Guess what? I'm going to ignore it

Comment

Letter received today from Debt Managers (re Barclaycard UE account) in response to my Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action sent 24th Feb. They say their client has fulfilled their obligation under s78. Go on to say that, under OFT guidelines, the agreement does not have to include my signature of the date I signed it.

They have included an I&E form so I can send an offer of repayment.

I wonder what has happened to their threat of sending court papers within 7 days if I didn't pay in full (post #161)?

Guess what? I'm going to ignore it
                        Hiya, yea - just ignore for the time being!

Comment

Still deciding what to do re Santander/Howard Cohen. I didn't send a cca request to them as the agreement was far too late to be considered for UE. I don't suppose it matters really if they do go for a ccj.

Comment

Had a rather curious letter today from MBNA (UE) acknowledging receipt of my letter dated July 2010 (cca query letter.)

Go on to say that even though I say that the document they provided does not contain all the prescribed terms, they "confirm that you have been provided with a copy of the original credit agreement which we are comfortable correctly showed the prescribed terms." (curious grammar!)

Go on to say that the agreement they entered into with me satisfies all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. "As such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights."

I'm obviously going to ignore this but I don't know why they've sent this now or what they mean by the last sentence.

Comment

Had a rather curious letter today from MBNA (UE) acknowledging receipt of my letter dated July 2010 (cca query letter.)

Go on to say that even though I say that the document they provided does not contain all the prescribed terms, they "confirm that you have been provided with a copy of the original credit agreement which we are comfortable correctly showed the prescribed terms." (curious grammar!)

Go on to say that the agreement they entered into with me satisfies all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. "As such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights."

I'm obviously going to ignore this but I don't know why they've sent this now or what they mean by the last sentence.
                              So in the same letter they admit not sending an agreement with all prescribed terms but then go on to say that they have previously sent you a compliant agreement which does contain all the prescribed terms and even if not, they're happy it's erm compliant?

Is that about the gist of it?

I would obviously ignore it! The last para simply means that they can actively pursue you for the debt, although they are implying that they think it's all ok and above board meaning they can hassle you and not need to enforce it. Basically, they talk shyte!

Comment

So in the same letter they admit not sending an agreement with all prescribed terms but then go on to say that they have previously sent you a compliant agreement which does contain all the prescribed terms and even if not, they're happy it's erm compliant?
                                Is that about the gist of it?
                                No. They're saying that I sent a leter saying that the agreement doesn't contain the prescribed terms but they say it does.

I would obviously ignore it! The last para simply means that they can actively pursue you for the debt, although they are implying that they think it's all ok and above board meaning they can hassle you and not need to enforce it. Basically, they talk shyte!
                                I agree with you there!!

Thinking about it, it's probably them catching up with themselves after Westcott said they'd get in touch with MBNA following my request for documentation (it was actually the threat of litigation letter!)

Comment

Working...
                                X