GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Nice letter today from MHA Collections re LTSB account (UE.)

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that, if I did not IMMEDIATELY forward payment for the arrears or make a payment TODAY at my nearest LTSB branch then SCM Solictors may commence legal proceedings against me.

They have now sent me one offering me loads of 'deals':
    • One payment in F&F settlement at 85% of balance,
    • F&F settlement with payments over 3 months at 90% of balance.
    • Repay with a minimum payment of 2%.
    I've to ring my account manager to let him know which offer I'd like to take up so that I can protect my credit rating

Methinks he's going to be waiting a long time for the call!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
      I've to ring my account manager to let him know which offer I'd like to take up so that I can protect my credit rating

Methinks he's going to be waiting a long time for the call!

Excellent
      Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Nice one - see what they bring next eh?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've been served court papers on an enforceable debt

Will wait until the weekend, until I've got my head together a bit more than it is now, to see what to do about it.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hope you get things sorted Pixie. I am sure that you will get help on dealing with this from others who have been through the same thing.

Comment

Pixie

I know exactly how you feel, try to let the waves of panic fade away and then have a look at the situation. For the moment just take a note of the dates you need to do things by, have a think about what you want to do then come back and give us the detail. If you want to open a thread in the legal section, I'd do that as soon as. Have a good google and work out exactly what a CCJ would mean to you, in your circumstrances at the moment. We're here when you want to move forward.
              Dopeyxxx

Comment

How rotten for you, Pixie.

Can't really add anything to Mrs.Dopey's comments - she has put it so well!

Just remember that you have a lot of friends on here, and we have all experienced similar situations. Whatever happens, you are not alone in this - even though it may feel like at times!

Big virtual hugs!

Comment

hi pixie,
                  What a shock when the court papers arrive but as the others have said dont panic its not the end of the world, Just get your re determination form ready as if its Northampton they will set a stupid amount for you to pay.
                  Good luck
                  Helmsman

Comment

Wish there was something I could add or do.... but you know were are here to support you with lots of hugs

xxx

Comment

Hi Pixie
                      I'm fairly new to the forum and therefore not qualified or knowledgeable enough to offer any advice. However I am an Olympic gold medalist in panic, stress and worry, I can honestly say if it had not been for all the wonderful support I have found on this site I would have been in meltdown weeks ago. I can imagine the turmoil you are in at the moment and just wanted to add my support and say I am sure it can be sorted with the help of the site. Good luck Pixie

Comment

Hi Pixie,
                        Sending a big hug as I can't really give you any more practical advice than has already been given! Must have been a shock but (and I know this is easy to say) don't worry it will all get resolved.
                        Fingers crossed for you.
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick View Post
                          I've been served court papers on an enforceable debt

Will wait until the weekend, until I've got my head together a bit more than it is now, to see what to do about it.
                          If you need any help Pixie just give me a shout.

Comment

Hi Pixie
                            I have had the same shock of papers being served - it is awfull I know but as others have said it is not the end of the world.
                            My debt was deemed UE but when looked over by solicitors they did not see anything that would help my case - time to **** myselft.
                            Anyway that was just prior to Christmas and the case continues,has been transferred to my local court and I am told by the solicitor it will be months before it is heard in court.......I hope.
                            I am now counter claiming from them for mis-sold PPI which will tie the whole thing up for an age.
                            Could you go down the same path?

If not worst case is that they will get a judgement against you,which as helmsman says, you can apply for a re determination if the amount awarded is more than you can afford.

You could also:
                            1: Elect to defend this (for now) which will buy you time until Niddy gets back and then change your mind at the last minute and not defend it (not sure what the rmifications of this would be in relation to costs etc) - the time scale for me was papers served on the 17th of December and defence submission final date was 19th of Jan.
                            Or
                            2:Ring the lender and try to negotiate a payment plan directly and ask them to drop the action - on the grounds that it will save everyone money.I know that Niddy has recomended this approach to thers in the past,not sure if they succeeded though.....Hopefully someone will pop up and comment on their experiences.

Hope the above helps and sorry I cant be of more help - I am only part way down the same path.
                            I also have an enforceable ac looming in the background and it is only a matter of time before the same thing happens to me.

Matty

Comment

Thanks Matty.

I'm now going to make posts about this only in the legal section.

Comment

Also got the standard letter from Capital One saying 'thank you for writing to us about your account (I haven't) and it will take a little while to look into my situation.' This is in response to the correspondence with Fredricksons (fpc)

No doubt it will be passed on to another dca now.

Comment

Working...
                                X