GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

Originally posted by pixie View Post
    Letter from Fredrickson's today re Capital One (UE) thanking me for my letter and telling me that, if I require documentation under the CCA Act, I can request it directly from their client with the appropriate fee of £1. In the meantime I've to contact them with my payment proposals.

Do they read the letters I send them?

Will just ignore.
    Yup got one today same as lol
    i named mine 'Ring-a-Ring-a-Roses'
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a big thick envelope today from Moorcroft (LTSB - UE) containg a forest of paper.

"As requested we are pleasd to provide your copy statement. If you should require further assistance. Please contact Customer Services." It contained statements for the last 5 years. Errr, thanks but I've already got them and I didn't request them.

Goes on to say that they have placed my account on hold for 14 days to allow me time to contact them with a payment plan. If I fail to do this they will be left with no alternative but to commence further action against me.

Will also ignore.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a big thick envelope today from Moorcroft (LTSB - UE) containg a forest of paper.

"As requested we are pleasd to provide your copy statement. If you should require further assistance. Please contact Customer Services." It contained statements for the last 5 years. Errr, thanks but I've already got them and I didn't request them.

Goes on to say that they have placed my account on hold for 14 days to allow me time to contact them with a payment plan. If I fail to do this they will be left with no alternative but to commence further action against me.

Will also ignore.
        Yup, they done that to me before for another account - don't why - suppose they trying to say 'look you've used the account to buy something with the card'

Comment

I've got a an unasked for tree load as well, what dopes they are!

Comment

Just ignore both Pixie
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had a text message today from the Lewis Group asking me to phone them. They were the dcas who I got one demand from before they took me to court.

Of course I'm not going to contact them, I'm not sure how they've got my phone number. Do you think that it's because I've now made 3 payments on my ccj? Perhaps they want to know if my circumstances have changed?

As far as I'm concerned, they've got their ccj, the payment was set by the judge and I'm up-to-date with the payments.

Comment

I love the attitude Pixie - spot on IMO! They've got their CCJ - why on earth would you want to speak to someone who took you to court?

Comment

Thank you Caspar.

My attitude has changed so much since I've been on the forum. I used to lie awake worrying about my debts and was almost suicidal - not any more!

They wouldn't listen to me when I needed a bit of leeway with payments so stuff them!!

Comment

Thank you Caspar.

My attitude has changed so much since I've been on the forum. I used to lie awake worrying about my debts and was almost suicidal - not any more!

They wouldn't listen to me when I needed a bit of leeway with payments so stuff them!!
                    I had (still have in theory) 23 creditors and £151k unsecured debt in a DMP for a couple of years. All good. Then the Lewis Group were the only sods to issue a County Court Summons without a Letter Before Action or even a credit agreement and only one letter (to an address I didn't even live at) etc etc. Mercifully they picked the wrong target because my CCA was UE and a certain law firm (by the sea in North Wales) has taken up my case. I plan to document what happens next blow by blow when the time is right. But everythng happens for a reason and I was so spooked by what Lewis did to me that I trawled the internate and found Niddy so I'm now a dedicated deciple of Niddy Skool and have seen off loads of other creditors with the awesome letters. So from every negative comes a positive - well at least that was what I told my daughter each time she flunked her exams :-( I like your posts and your attitude - it's infectious in a good way.

Comment

I'm so glad I found Niddy too. Don't know where I'd be otherwise.

Unfortunately, the debt that the Lewis Group had was too new to be UE. I wrote to them at the time I got the one and only letter from them to let them know that I was unemployed and had been for almost a year. Were they understanding? Well what do you think? As it turns out the ccj has had no effect on my life to date.

Good luck with your fight. I'm sure you're in safe hands with the certain fim of solicitors.

Comment

I'm so glad I found Niddy too. Don't know where I'd be otherwise.

Unfortunately, the debt that the Lewis Group had was too new to be UE. I wrote to them at the time I got the one and only letter from them to let them know that I was unemployed and had been for almost a year. Were they understanding? Well what do you think? As it turns out the ccj has had no effect on my life to date.

Good luck with your fight. I'm sure you're in safe hands with the certain fim of solicitors.
                        It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference if your debt had been UE because Lewis Group are trigger happy with county court summons. I've checked their website which boasts: " we are the largest litigators within the debt recovery sector, issuing in excess of 100,000 claims p.a.". Blimey that's a 2,000 each week. Since 95% of defendants panic and ignore them they are getting a lot of 'successes' by default from the scatter gun approach. And since they charge debtors (up to) 200.00 legal costs each for posting 4 pieces of computer-generated blue paper by 2nd class mail that's a cool 20,000,000 in legal fees generated by a click of a mouse. (Have I really got my noughts in the right place with that calculation?). Ok they've got to recover the money from debtors first but, hey, that's a nice little earner. Even if each debtor only paid a token 1.00 per week (like that would happen) they would still bank £100k p.a. The work is all done by Howard Cohen 'solicitors' which is an in-house team of 'legal clerks' and 'case handlers'.

I then checked out the "Careers" tab oin the website on the basis that knowledge is power. The ad for 'telephone negotiators' requires applicants to be "assertive". Why don't they just say "unpleasant people and bullies please apply here". No mention of the need for sympathy, understanding or people skills for the job I note. Then the ad for the "doorstep collectors" says "you must enjoy meeting people". Well I can think of a better way to go speed-dating. It then says you must be prepared to work early evening. So I think I will ignore those postcards which say "we will be calling on Blahday between 8 am and 5 pm" because the doorstep collectors don't enjoy meeting people until the early evening apparently. Ha!

My sudden out-of-the-blue court summons ruined my Christmas so I'm going to set about destroying their business. I'll start with the Trading Standards man at my local council (he was jolly cross when I told him the saga), then the OFT, and the (usless) CSA. Oh and did I mention that a certain law firm is assisting me with my enquiries too. The Lewis Group won't know what's hit them by the time I've finished with them. Can't wait to get started!

Comment

Good luck Plan B

They (dcas in general) expect us all to roll over and give in to their threats and they certainly don't like it when we fight back!

They certainly won't be earning a fortune with what they get from my ccj!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference if your debt had been UE because Lewis Group are trigger happy with county court summons. I've checked their website which boasts: " we are the largest litigators within the debt recovery sector, issuing in excess of 100,000 claims p.a.". Blimey that's a 2,000 each week. Since 95% of defendants panic and ignore them they are getting a lot of 'successes' by default from the scatter gun approach. And since they charge debtors (up to) 200.00 legal costs each for posting 4 pieces of computer-generated blue paper by 2nd class mail that's a cool 20,000,000 in legal fees generated by a click of a mouse. (Have I really got my noughts in the right place with that calculation?). Ok they've got to recover the money from debtors first but, hey, that's a nice little earner. Even if each debtor only paid a token 1.00 per week (like that would happen) they would still bank £100k p.a. The work is all done by Howard Cohen 'solicitors' which is an in-house team of 'legal clerks' and 'case handlers'.

I then checked out the "Careers" tab oin the website on the basis that knowledge is power. The ad for 'telephone negotiators' requires applicants to be "assertive". Why don't they just say "unpleasant people and bullies please apply here". No mention of the need for sympathy, understanding or people skills for the job I note. Then the ad for the "doorstep collectors" says "you must enjoy meeting people". Well I can think of a better way to go speed-dating. It then says you must be prepared to work early evening. So I think I will ignore those postcards which say "we will be calling on Blahday between 8 am and 5 pm" because the doorstep collectors don't enjoy meeting people until the early evening apparently. Ha!

My sudden out-of-the-blue court summons ruined my Christmas so I'm going to set about destroying their business. I'll start with the Trading Standards man at my local council (he was jolly cross when I told him the saga), then the OFT, and the (usless) CSA. Oh and did I mention that a certain law firm is assisting me with my enquiries too. The Lewis Group won't know what's hit them by the time I've finished with them. Can't wait to get started!
                            Hi,
                            Good luck hope you give them a bashing, they got a ccj against me in may cost them £200 to go to court and I pay £10 per month they are total MUPPETS and Rsoles.
                            Good Luck
                            Helmsman

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                              Hi,
                              Good luck hope you give them a bashing, they got a ccj against me in may cost them £200 to go to court and I pay £10 per month they are total MUPPETS and Rsoles.
                              Good Luck
                              Helmsman
                              Agree there helmsman. I wrote to them to explain my situation as soon as they threatened court but did they listen? It'll be a long time before they recoup the court costs from my ccj judgement.

Comment

Agree there helmsman. I wrote to them to explain my situation as soon as they threatened court but did they listen? It'll be a long time before they recoup the court costs from my ccj judgement.
                                Hi,
                                yep, 18 years it will take me to pay them.

Comment

Working...
                                X