GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

I think this diary method keeps everything neat and tidy, so I m doing it, Sorry for the posting elsewhere but took a while to decide course of action .

Co operative Bank

Type : Credit Card
    Date Started : 4th September 1997
    Approx Balance :£4564.07 as at Dec 2016
    Date last paid : January 2016. (full payment)
    Arrangement: paying regularly up until now
    Minimum payments and to date are being paid each month
    Account still with Co operative Bank
    January 16: Sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy and although its not a good copy regarding this as

February 17 Stopped the DD after much deliberation, and the need to take back control.
    May 3rd 17 Received Default notice, dated 18th April 17

August 2nd Received letters from Co op and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd ( not heard of these) The account has now been sold to them. The debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as servicer for the account. We are just filing this one away.

August 17th 2 letters from Link Financial Out sourcing. The first one (no date ) They say they are entitled to immediate repayment of the debt but are giving her the opportunity to clear the debt by monthly instalments of £45.64 by direct debit. This letter also says that they have bought the debt

The second letter dated 17th just asks her to ring . Filed away

24 th January 2018
    Letter from Link to let us know they have not written for so long as they have had to validate her address. Could she ring them

10th April 2018 Letter from Link . reminding us that the debt has been sold to them and the usual blurb about repayment. Now do I ignore this or remind them its been sold in dispute, although co op did forward a poor copy of the agreement .

30 May 2018 letter saying they had to validate the address

No letter date... A letter stating the account has been sold to link financing to take affect on 1/6/2017

1st June 2018 Statement 2/12/2017 to 1/6/2018 assigned on 1/6/2017

30 th August 2018 an offer that if she pays £91.28 pm for 4 years they will clear the remaining 10% hmmm

16 November 2018 Apology that they have not written for a while as they have had to locate address.

30 th November 2018 statement reminder

25th January 2019 Asking if there is a good reason for not making contact and whether or not she intends making a payment

25 February 2019 Link letter offering help

17 may 2019 Link letter offering help

31 May 2019 Statement

3 June 2019 Link letter ... let us help you get back on track

16 August 2019 Link offer of instalments £45.64 pm = 8 years

29 November 2019 Statement

18 th January 2020 ... my daughter says she cannot find the co op default on her credit file, will investigate. Is it under another name or just not in Experian ?

Last edited by Susiebling365; 18 January 2020, 18:46. Reason: updating diary
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Re: UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Cahoot / Santander

Type ; Credit card
    Date started : not sure as not received agreement , definitely pre 2007 probably 1990s
    Approx Balance £8519.21
    Date last paid: January 2017.
    Payments: Being paid each month on minimum amount due.
    Account: with OC Cahoot

January 2017 sent for CCA and just received a letter and email (copy on other thread) no agreement . In default of CCA request
    January 2017: stopped the DD.

July 2017 Default notice received, posting to ask what to do next....Reading around the forum and asking , did get a reply on AAD+ to just leave this letter be, and so decided to wait for something more definite. Seems default notices are just an end to an agreement with the borrower? And , in this particular case we have yet not received any form of agreement from Cahoot, so?

16th October 2017.. There is a small balance of a current account attached to this credit card. £100.74..They seem to be more concerned with payment of this at the moment . We are ignoring it as to do anything I feel could jeopardise the larger credit card debt. I am just noting it here as it is part of this account in a way ?

8th January 2018 Moorcroft, letter acting for Santander?Cahoot chasing the current account balance of £100.74 received a discount offer to reduce the balance outstanding. Just ignored this as we don t want to awake the sleeping giant of a bigger amount on the credit card by the same company (Cahoot)

27 02 2018 Statement of money owed £8519.21

20 November 2018 Letter from Cahoot informing her that the account is being referred to a debt collection agency
    21 December 2018 Letter from Cahoot, informing the new managers will be Moorcroft debt collecting agency
    28 December 2018 Letter from Moorcroft informing of instruction to collect debt for Santander who are Cahoot bankers it seems

31st December 2018 A general letter " we are attempting to contact the above named person and have been told she resides at this address. If this is you please contact the office . If you are not you then also contact the office

12 January 2019 Moorcroft Instruction from Santander to collect the debt

12 th January 2019 To prevent us recommending to our client further action , please pay the debt in full.....

1 Feb 2019 To prevent further action please send the amount in full

15 February 2019 Monthly instalment offer

28 February 2019Cahoot Statement

1 March 2019 Moorcroft letter Please contact us

15 March 2019 Moorcroft letter , account has been passed to Home collections division for action

3 June 2019 Moorcroft discount offer

25 July 2019 Letter from Wescot that Santander has passed the account to them for collection with ways of doing this.

24 th August 2019 Westcot offers of help
    Last edited by Susiebling365; 18 January 2020, 18:31. Reason: updating diary
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Lloyds Credit card

Type : Credit Card
      Started: 1998 ..
      Balance; Jan 2017 £3480.66
      Payments: Up to date and making the minimum payment
      January 26th sent CCA request and waiting for reply
      Account with OC Lloyds
      January 2017 sent for CCA but received nothing back so in default of CCA request
      February 19th Received Reconstituted terms ( had to research this) Sent to Niddy who said it was,
      as not signed agreement .

August 17 Default notice received Account balance £3480.66. and arrears £422.32 Filed away

October 11th 2017 Letter from LLoyds saying the account has been handed to a debt collection agency . Westcot Credit Services. Filed away.

October 19th 2017 Letter from Westcott asking to ring and they will be collecting from now. Information on how to pay etc etc. They also rang on mobile which has now been blocked.

November 2nd 2017 Letter from Westcot letting us know they "know where you are " and will continue to text, phone , send letters and generally annoy unless we respond. BE AFRAID!!!...So its getting filed and it seems that they know there is no agreement to fight with...

25 November 2017 " An opportunity to take control of the outstanding balance in a way that suits you." Thank you but we have already done that.
      7th December 2017 "Confirmation of Residency" and also trading as 2F .....So glad you did that for us but we really don t care 2 Fs

28 th February 2017 Letter informing her of possible further action

7 th November 2017 Westcot send a reduced settlement offer

15th February 2018 transfer letter to Moorcroft

19th February 2018 Letter from Moorcroft wanting to discuss repayment

28th March 2018 Letter from Moorcroft, I don t remember when they came in on the act as it was Westcot. Just to say they are concerned there has been no attempt to come to some agreement to pay. That they will continue to attempt communication by phone and letter. Deadline of 4/4/18 to contact them.

11 th April 2018 Letter from Moorcroft That as there has been no reply to their communications they are referring my daughter to the Home Collections Department. Home visit and when will be the best time? (Don t think so !!) The purpose being to just reconnect and discuss a route forward.

22 June 2018 Letter from Lloyds referring to CSL Credit Security Ltd

22 June 2018 Notice of instruction from CSL

2nd July 2018 CSL letter disappointed no response to their letters

12 July 2018 CSL letter, Limited offer of part payment of the debt. Default will be registered as partially satisfied with a balance of zero

29 December 2018 Long letter from Robinson way informing her that they have entered into a contract with Lloyds to act on their behalf as servicer with relation to their dealings with her... Debt collector i presume

29 December 2018 Letter from Lloyds informing that they have transferred the debt to Robinson Way collection agency

14 January 2019 Letter from RW offering help to repay the debt

13 December 2019 Lloyds letter notice of assignment to Intrum Uk Finance Ltd to take effect 28 November 2019

24 December 2019 Letter from Intrum ..Get in touch in the next 10 days

3 January 2020 Intrum.... we may take legal action if you don t get in touch

13 January 2020 Intrum letter " We are thinking of taking you to court . We don t want to but if you don t get in touch soon we ll pass your account to our legal team. " Given 10 days to respond .
      3 February 2020
      Intrum letter Final discount offer before we consider court action.Ten days to reply. The offer is ridiculous and in my experience as no reference to affordability. 3 payment of £1044.20 or one payment of £2784.53

11th February 2020 SAR sent to Lloyds

14th February 2020 letter from Intrum threatening court action. Query raised on AAD due to tone of the letter.

26th February 2020 another letter from Intrums legal team, introducing and threatening with solicitors and court proceedings. Posted on AAD for comments. No reply yet from Lloyds regarding SAR

13th March 2020 Received Solicitors pre action letter which I ve posted and forwarded to Di. Not received any data re the SA
      14th April 2020 Solicitors letter stating the account is on hold , and frozen regarding the court action in view of the Covid situation
      23rd April 2020 Big stack of paper for SAR received, going to see if we can spot an agreement
      February 2021 Just a reminder that have not paid
      5th March 2021 Follow up letter to say that as not paid it will be forwarded to a solicitor to further the matter to the court
      1st May 2021 Letter from JB Priestly Pre action Protocol. I ve forwarded a copy to Di to let her see it and ask as to the next move, We have 30 days to reply . Fingers crossed
      15 the May. 2021 Just a letter from Intrum saying that they have asked the original creditor for a copy of the agreement and no further action until that arrives. So we will see what they come up with

20 th August 2021 A letter from Intrum saying that Lloyds cannot find the original agreement and therefore they cannot proceed with the solicitors pursuing through the courts. However if we would care to contact them and offer some money please ring this number blah blah. AS IF!! Winner winner chicken dinner !!!
      Last edited by Susiebling365; 2 September 2021, 09:34. Reason: Good result

Comment

No need to apologise for posting elsewhere susieb. At least your daughter's given it thought before deciding to go ahead with UE as it isn't for everyone. Wishing you and your daughter luck x
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the very best to you both xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good afternoon all .xx

We have received some mail from Lloyds, briefly its reconstituted agreement and terms. I could do with Niddy or someone giving me their opinion please. Shall I upload it on here or send it to Niddy as before. There are a lot of pages.!

* covering letter
            *signed (Lloyd employee ) copy of statement of account
            *Reconstituted version of the current terms and conditions
            *Reconstituted version of the original executed agreement

These are several pages long . No where is there a signature of my daughters but they say in the letter that no signature is not required ??

Thanks in advance ......

Comment

Susie, good luck to your daughter. Send her Lloyd's paperwork to niddy as before. From what you have posted it does sound UE

Comment

Thanks...i will ... there are loads of pages to scan... so off to scan... I ve sent her llandudno with a friend for wine and recharging of batteries

Comment

I m a bit confused about this Lloyds account. It was taken out in 1998, around the time her youngest was born. The T & C they sent are dated 2011... Can they update these things in this way? I m wondering if I should send for SAR..... Help !!!!

Comment

I've explained in my email. It's UE because there's no signed agreement / 4 corners.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy...I need to try and understand this UE a bit more The first reply sounded like it was enforceable because of the 2011 Terms they sent. But there is something missing so it is UE?

She took the card out in 1998, but companies can update the agreements? They have no signature for this , but does this matter?

I need to re explain to my daughter so have to be clear....Its given her such a lift to think we can do something about this, says she felt she was just stuck in a time warp before.

Comment

Have you both tried to read this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...PDATED-09-2015 ? It explains what is required to make an agreement enforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post
                          Thanks Niddy...I need to try and understand this UE a bit more The first reply sounded like it was enforceable because of the 2011 Terms they sent. But there is something missing so it is UE?

She took the card out in 1998, but companies can update the agreements? They have no signature for this , but does this matter?

I need to re explain to my daughter so have to be clear....Its given her such a lift to think we can do something about this, says she felt she was just stuck in a time warp before.
                          I explained in my email.

There is no signed agreement. Just recon terms. It's UE.

theyve not updated anything (??). They've sent recon terms from 2011.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I explained in my email.

There is no signed agreement. Just recon terms. It's UE.

theyve not updated anything (??). They've sent recon terms from 2011.
                            I am reading through the stickies and anything else I think is relevant. The journey just starting so ..knowledge is power. I think its how the email read Niddy, especially after 2 wines , but Im beginning to get it now thanks. I just want to be sure how to proceed.Its a relief that two thirds are looking UE so I also need to know how to handle the Co op one that does n t seem to be.

Thanks for being here.....

Comment

Regarding the Co-op one: I'd just treat it as though it were UE. Let us know when you hear anything from them.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X